Application for Acceptance - Alkaia

Alkaia

Dear South Of Heaven,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.  I have been referred by Rohj. I would like to apply for acceptance into the guild.  I believe I would make a good fit in South of Heaven and your members would benefit from my exceptional work ethic and devotion especially in Guild Wars 2 and Wildstar. 

My gaming history starts in 1997.  I was Lady Lucilla on Ultima Online - Sonoma server.  I still remember my house on Ultima Online covered with Red Roses. I loved running around on my dragon and being able to dye my clothes all different colors.  The next game I played was Dark Age of Camelot. My main character was Carpre a Midgard Skald. I participated in many large dungeon runs and defended the frontier from the Hibs and Albs. Although I always had a huge crush on the male celts!  After DAOC I played World of Warcraft for many years. My main characters were Alkaia night elf priest (alliance) and blood elf priest (horde). The most fun I remember on wow was being a 19 twink in warsong gulch running around as a priest healing and fearing as my undead Curst (Rohj) carried the flag.  I played a few other games but lost interest quickly like Aion - I liked the soundtrack but not much else. All the games I played are starting to blend together... ugh ... anyway...  I love taking care of players and playing in groups where you feel that camaraderie. You know when your playing with a group that you've been playing with for years and can anticipate their moves and they can anticipate yours.  I really enjoy that feeling. That's why I probably always pick a support class.  Nothing too complicated.  I just want to get in there and help.  Save lives or die honorably giving my life to save another.

My life is full of many blessings.  I am wife of Rohj (although I never call him that - so that feels funny to write). I am wife to this amazing person! He is exactly what you think he is.  He's chivalrous, honorable, intelligent, strong, a natural born leader. He's gentle, a giver, a lover, sent from heaven, a gift from God. He is truly the center of life.  I still get knots in my stomach thinking about him. I pray everyday that we get to spend the most time together here on earth. 

We have 2 teen daughters. One is learning to drive this summer. :O  Our girls are the best daughter's.  The drive us a little crazy but over all they are really good girls.  We keep pretty busy with their activities. If I'm not loving on my husband or running around with the girls, you can find me at park exploring the outdoors with my dog. I love fireplaces, hot tubs and a cold beer with snow coming down in the rocky mountains. All that together with my husbands warm body.. heaven.

Our Pandora playlist on family road trips consists of a shuffle of Mumford Son's (dad's music), Charlie Brown Christmas (mom's music), Drake (teen 1), and Alan Jackson (teen 2).  

Please let me know if you need additional information to make a decision on my acceptance.

I look forward to learning more about south of heaven members. Thank you for your consideration. 

Best regards,

Alkaia

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a lovely application! We all love Rohj, and I absolutely can't wait to get to know you better, Alkaia! Hope you enjoy gaming with SoH for GW2 and WS. I've added you to the roster for GW as an intern. Shout out if you need help! I think Fera? may be sending you a message on the forums to give you an in-depth debriefing of SoH. ^_^

Once you are granted access to the forums from an admin, you can feel free to browse our subforums. When you do, please respond where applicable 107%20Wink.png

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

We use forums A LOT so make yourself at home!

What kind of dog do you have? I love dogs!

Huzzah! It will be wonderful to have you officially with us. It has been my pleasure to game with Rohj through WAR, Eve, Aion, and now GW2.

I miss the Rockies, we lived in Colorado from 2006-2012. I wanna go back. Which part do you live in?

My 13-year-old daughter just told me about her boyfriend in The Sims and I threatened (mostly jokingly) that I was about to delete the game. The thought of her DRIVING... *shivers*

Alkaia you seem to have created two accounts last night, and one of them is still stuck on validating. I can fix it for you if you'd like, or we can just erase the unvalidated account and change your display name to Alkaia. Either way I've granted Alkaia23 Recruit status, feel free to peruse the boards.

Dear Tyrlis,

Woot! woot! Howdy partner! Thank you for allowing me to tag along with you and the guild. I look forward to officially representing.

Watch out for those boyfriends online or real! I advise locking her up until she reaches the age of 25. :)

Rohj is originally from Denver. I made him leave the mountains and move very very south of heaven, in hell really. But we plan to move back in the near future!

I apologize for making 2 accounts. The first one I made never sent the confirmation to my hotmail account. So I made a gmail account. Whatever is easier for you. If you just want to delete the first attempt.

See you in game! Thank you again!

Alkala

Welcome aboard the SoH train!

I don't think I have ever met Rohj, so i'll go with what you say about him to be true.

Is that teen that is learning to drive, soon, the one that likes Alan Jackson!?  If so, I push for her to learn to drive faster so country music can get blasted out more than just my car radio!   :lol:

I could only imagine myself with a teenage daughter... *shivers*  I grew up protecting my elder sister (we are only 18 months apart) because, lol parents divorce, so I already went through the protection phase once - wonder how i'd do at a round 2.  

I actually started thinking about what i'd be like as a father the other day after my last trip teaching English to elementary school children because I am old enough to where I could be their father.  One of the girls was being teased about me being her father because she was showing me around the school.  It was hilarious and embarrassing for us both but I had to put a  :stop: to it.

What do you enjoy doing in your own time? Reading? Watching TV?