{FFXIV} Introduction, Application Extraordinaire

Exava_Stark

Hello to all, and Happy Holidays!

My name is Scott, or Exava, and I was brought to the attention of you guys due to a post I made on Reddit. It seems there isn't necessarily a guideline for this type of post, so I am going to go all out.

Firstly, my gaming background. I've been gaming for a long while now, close to 20 years. I originally started on the console, and through a series of events made my first PC and was introduced to the MMO genre by a game called "Risk Your Life", this was the first game of this kind that I had ever experienced. Shortly thereafter I was introduced to World of Warcraft, the next 10 years after that are a blur of throwing my life and money away, learning a lot of lessons, finding something I am actually good at(tanking), etc. With the release of this past expansion, I thought to myself, "This is it, my addiction is back", however shortly after the nostalgia wore off, the game became very dry, repetitive and boring. Now, there are definitely gameplay elements that pushed this, but the biggest thing I realized was pushing me away was my lack of social interaction. I have no friends in WoW, so the game just meant nothing to me anymore.

I realized that I wasn't going to have luck finding a good community in a game like WoW, and I just don't have the desire, nor the time, to commit to a game like that anymore. I felt too stressed to log online EVERY day and do this stupid chore, or that stupid chore. It wasn't fun.

Recently I started reading posts about FFXIV again, and decided I was going to make an effort to find a great community where I can hopefully find some people who I can, over time, establish a good, fun, and friendly relationship with so that we may enjoy the game in groups, or just chatting, or whatever. I just want to be able to log online and have some friends to have fun with. That is something I currently lack.

Hence why I am here, as stated above, I would like to invest myself into a guild/free company with the goal of making friends first, and then having fun with those friends that I have made.

Within the FF:XIV, I currently have a level 50 Paladin, with very poor additional jobs leveled. I have a version of my relic weapon, but am only sitting at I66. I would like to maybe try some raids, etc. I really enjoy tanking, and I really seem to excel at it wherever I go. I have main tanked, raid led, etc for casual/medium/hardcore guilds. I am not really looking for anything hardcore anymore, however I do enjoy some raiding.

Now a little bit about myself. I am 26, and work as a Business Analyst. I don't have much in the way of hobbies, other than playing games. I am a die hard football(soccer) fan, and try to never miss a match. I recently started a tumblr account to try and follow my journey through learning how to draw. The key for me is to find something that can stimulate my brain. Which is surprisingly hard for me to do anymore. WoW really gave my brain a level of stimulation tolerance that is rarely met anymore. Most MMO's seem to fill that void quite a bit, and FFXIV has always been extremely fun to me, and the community seems pretty great. I have an amazing wife, who I would die for, and 2 step kids, who will probably cause me to die( ;) ). My wife and I have recently returned from Europe on a 2 week honeymoon. We went to Tomorrowland(music festival) and to London.

I am a pretty open person, I have no issues telling just about anyone anything about me. So feel free to ask me any questions or anything of that nature.

I look forward to hearing from you guys/girls.

I :love: your intro post, Scott! Very nice, indeed.

I suspect you may have finally found a "home" for your gaming needs. As you probably know, SoH is a multi-year, multi-game community where our members play a variety of titles ranging from MMOs to RPGs, Coops, FPSs -- whatever! We play them together, or solo, AND there's always a hub (here on boards) where we can find others or find answers. It's truly a great set-up for gamers!

Since you're applying to join our FF14, I'll let Midri and/or Atrael, the Game Reps for that Chapter, chime in on the particulars. In the meantime, I'll alter your forum access to Guest so you can poke around the forums a bit. This is our 'batcave' so to speak; a place where all of our members, active or inactive, regardless of current title, can meet and mingle and stay connected. We use it a LOT and expect all of our members to do so as well :)

Feel free to jump in the forum chat room and say "hi" to whoever is around (there are often people at work, or pretending to work, in there xD). Since it's the holidays and some folks are on vacay, activity might be light here on boards but no worries, someone will attend to your App and hook you up. Take a moment and peruse our Code of Conduct and Voice server posts. Chapter policies for FF will be located (here) in their main section.

I look forward to gaming with you! (I just leveled a WHM and hit 50 yesterday! ^^)

OMG Fera ninja-post.   :p  Guest access is set!

I'm that weirdo from Reddit -- I don't use the Sandan handle anymore, so people are often bamboozled if I don't reintroduce myself.  :3  

We also like to do a Mumble date to explain a little about our history as a guild and our approach to gaming -- and also so that you can ask any questions you might have.  What say you to Friday the 26th, around 9:30pm EST?  Unless liking football means you're Commonwealth and have plans?  IDK exactly what non-Muricans do on Boxing Day... punch each other? put each other in boxes?  Or if you're free and happen to find Atrael in-game in the next couple of days, we can do it whenever.

PS. Congratulations on your wedding!

@Fera Thanks! I look forward to gaming with you! It's a shame Archeage scared me off at max level, or I may have been applying to that chapter! I played the Alpha religiously, actually did a 37 hour straight marathon(should have been working) to go from 20-50. Unfortunately the max level was just meh for me.

@Midri, I am actually American, I just prefer non-American sports! I actually was in the Air Force too believe it or not, I was a "cop", but what I actually did was more security guard status("guarded" nukes{yes the kind that blow up})Friday should work, although we are supposed to get 6-8 inches of snow over Christmas so I may be out sledding all day with my kids! I will read over the posts that Fera mentioned between now and Friday and plan to be there! Also, where is the Leviathan server located? The Server time is like, 8 hours ahead of my time.

PS, we actually have been married for 2 years, but we just recently were able to take our honeymoon. It took close to a year to save up the $$ to go to Europe. It's expensive!

OOOO, grats on the European honeymoon! (think I forgot to say that before ^^). Did you know "honey-moon" was named after the moon that occurs in June?... it is (or was) the color of honey!

Yes, Europe is very 'spensive :(  I lived in England for 2 yrs while doing graduate work and 10 yrs later, I'm still paying the bills on it!   :hypnotized:

We have some wonderful service peeps around... btw, ty for your service! Shout if you need anything!