Intro/App - Rhiannon Dusklight (FFXIV)

Rhiannon

Hello, everyone!

My name is Lucas; my character's name is Rhiannon Dusklight. I'm used to people calling me Rhiannon, but you can call me whatever you want, really, I'm not very picky. I'm posting here after seeing your recruitment post on Reddit, and chatting with Nazareth in-game about it. 

I've been playing FFXIV since beta, and I was in the same FC the whole time, until a few weeks ago. Early December, our FC and raid leader abruptly passed the FC lead to a random member who happened to be online, quit the FC, and deleted his character. No idea why, but that's life I suppose. Afterwards, there were attempts to hold things together, but for the most part, everyone has been scattering to various other FCs and statics. So am I now, I guess--so I apologize if I'm a bit rusty at the "joining a new community" thing. I wasn't expecting to have to. 

I main BLM, but I've played a lot of everything. What my "secondary" focus is tends to shift around; I was doing a lot of healing this time last year, and these days I'm doing a lot of tanking. Generally speaking, for anything that isn't top-notch progression content, I'm willing to fill any needed role... just don't expect me to DPS as anything other than BLM. I tend to level those jobs to 50, get my relic, and then never play them again. 

In real life, I'm 24, I work part-time at a museum and do some freelance web development, and I live in the US, in Virginia.

Also, I'll be honest--I was originally just trying to find a new static so I could get back to raiding, but the more I look into South of Heaven, the more I really like how you guys do things. I'm impressed by your apparent maturity and inclusiveness, and I would love to be a part of this community.

I'm not very good at introducing myself, so I'm sure there are questions. I'll do my best to answer!

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome and nice introduction!  What I love the most is how you say, "apparent maturity."  What you will quickly determine is most of us turn it on only long enough to shock you with our childish antics later. ;)

So you are a BLM main, with an appreciation for a lot of other classes.  What's your favorite?

How do you feel about Lalafell?

Have you been to Rockville, MD?  Close to VA? And eaten at the best restaurant in 100 square miles??? Bob's Shanghai 66?!

Are you applying socially or with the intent of raiding?  From a raiding perspective we have two teams, Ruby and Emerald.  Naz is the commander-in-chief of Emerald.  Ruby is not currently recruiting.  (You can answer this in our mumble convo!)

Looking forward to it!

Welcome and nice introduction!  What I love the most is how you say, "apparent maturity."

Heh... I was wondering if someone would comment about that.

So you are a BLM main, with an appreciation for a lot of other classes.  What's your favorite?

Well, other than BLM, I play PLD the most these days. (Gotta get those adventurer-in-need bonuses!) If I had to pick which other DPS was most fun to level to 50... I think it would be DRG, actually. I'm a terrible DRG now, though, way out of practice.

How do you feel about Lalafell?

I was a Lalafell, for a few months. I wasn't very adorable, though, so I changed back to human.

Have you been to Rockville, MD?  Close to VA? And eaten at the best restaurant in 100 square miles??? Bob's Shanghai 66?!

I... haven't...

I'm not in northern Virginia, so it's not quite next door, sorry!

Are you applying socially or with the intent of raiding?  From a raiding perspective we have two teams, Ruby and Emerald.  Naz is the commander-in-chief of Emerald.  Ruby is not currently recruiting.  (You can answer this in our mumble convo!)

Yes, that's what I gathered from poking around a bit. I intend to raid, if you'll have me. I won't go storming off in a huff if I don't fit on the team just yet. And yeah, we'll chat more about it tomorrow!

Well, other than BLM, I play PLD the most these days. (Gotta get those adventurer-in-need bonuses!) If I had to pick which other DPS was most fun to level to 50... I think it would be DRG, actually. I'm a terrible DRG now, though, way out of practice.

be warned, if you go DRG, Gul will take all your gear, even if it's not for DRG.

Anyways, welcome to the boards and I look forward to meeting you. 

Welcome Rhiannon. I enjoyed reading your Intro/App. :)

Goose's questions regarding your preference for dogs or cats is important... fess up!

Here's a link to our Code of Conduct. Give it a good read and if you agree, sign the end plz. The FF Chapter Policy can be found here, as well as our mumble info and Five Dirty Words. Give those a perusal as well. 

I will alter your forum rank to that of Guest for now so that you can have greater access to the forums. Given that we house a number of active chapters at any one time, we use these boards to stay connected so please, make yourself at home.

Your current forum (and sign in) name is tradredav. Would you consider allowing me to change that to Rhiannon? It would allow folks to connect posts to player to person, etc. Also, consider using the same name in mumble -- it just makes life easier all 'round for both us and you ^^

I look forward to gaming with you! (newish 50 WHM in FF myself -- Fera, or Feramoan everywhere, including RL)

Ah, hello, everyone, and thank you!

Works in a museum, I am so jealous, that sounds like a dream job.

Yes, it's great--except for the terrible pay...

Dogs or cats?

Do you like sports and if so what are your favorite teams?

I prefer cats, but sadly I am also allergic to cats. So, pictures of cats? Cute. An actual live cat? No, thank you, I prefer breathing. 

I don't follow any sports, sorry!

Your current forum (and sign in) name is tradredav. Would you consider allowing me to change that to Rhiannon? It would allow folks to connect posts to player to person, etc. Also, consider using the same name in mumble -- it just makes life easier all 'round for both us and you ^^

Can you change my display name without changing my login name? If not, you can go ahead and change both, but if possible I'd prefer to log in with tradredav. Muscle memory, you understand...

I tend to use "Dusklight" for voice chat, purely as a reaction to people in the past who have taken issue with associating a guy's voice with a female name. I can switch to using "Rhiannon"; it makes no difference to me.