Final Heaven - Intro/App (FFXIV)

Nox

Hey there!

My name is Cody; my character's name is Final Heaven. Either name works fine for me!

My history with FFXIV began back in beta, and continued into launch where I lead my own casual raid team through T1-4 before a few members ultimately decided to stop playing the game.  After a bit of trying to find replacements, the core group of 5 friends who have been playing together for years(including myself) ultimately decided to hang up our FFXIV hats to move onto greener pastures. Fast forward to a few days ago, turns out the pastures arnt much greener. We played Archeage, and ultimately put that down with the number of issues involving bots/cash shops/etc.  Some of us are currently playing WoW, but Ive never stopped missing FFXIV.  Seeing the new expansion and the new Jobs, I couldnt take it, I had to come back!

Given that a friend of mine has decided to start along side me, and that my old server(Coeurl) is a ghost town,  my plan is to start fresh on a new toon.  Especially since my inner fanboi is exulting at the fact that I for some reason had reserved this name here for some unknown reason.

My plan is to level as Rogue/NIN, as its completely new to me, and seems really fun.  That being said, I will likely level Maruader/War to 50 as an offspec in aniticipation of DRK being a tank(something im still not sure how I feel about). As of this moment, Im still raiding in WoW, and likely dont have the time to devote to a 2nd raid team.  BUT, things change and I find myself already tiring of WoW, so if the right situation popped up, id love to get back into raiding in FFXIV, especially in the new expansion where im not so behind everyone.

In real life, im a 25 year old nerd who lives in MA.  I'm a paramedic, and that allows me a pretty unique schedule of only working a 24 and a 16 hour shift per week, so I have a boat load of free time on my hands.  I usually fill that with some combination of video games, reading, and wine during the winters. During the warmer months I usually fill it with sitting on the beach,  outdoorsy activities, video games, and beer.

What attracted me to you guys/gals originally was the clear concise manner in which you convey necessary information.  Your chapter policy is organized, and not filled with bloat,  the code of conduct short and to the point. Ive always wanted to be a part of a long term gaming community, but have always been apprehensive due to the community being too new,  too unorganized, etc.  I can only imagine the colassal amount of effort it takes to manage and maintain a community that spans multiple games, but you seem to have it down. 

I look forward to meeting/talking with everyone, and Ill visit this thread frequently to answer any questions as best as possible!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the great introduction!

How did you come to hear/find us?

What class did you raid on?

How do you feel about Lalafells?

Send me a tell in game and I'd love to have a chat in Mumble with you!

How did you come to hear/find us?  Through the FFXIV Recruitment Reddit.

What class did you raid on? I got tossed into the raid leading position, and the easiest class for me to keep an eye on the ebb and flow of the fight was from a tank position, so I mained PLD through almost all content.

How do you feel about Lalafells? Im not going to lie, if I was maining WAR, id likely have to play a lala for the axe murderer-esque way they run around with the weapon unsheathed.  Outside of that, ive never played as one so I cant say I have an opinion either way.

Ill contact you in game now!

Hi Cody! So happy you found us :)  And thank you for the string or (well deserved) compliments regarding SoH organization! lol That's entirely due to our Founder, Ashin -- he's an awesome, grounded fellow and responsible for the the (now) 10 years we've enjoyed as a multi-game community.

And a personal "thanks" from me for saying "guys and gals" -- I love it when men recognize the hordes of female gamers!

I look forward to playing with you in FF. Maybe I'll see you today ^^

Hi Cody! So happy you found us :)  And thank you for the string or (well deserved) compliments regarding SoH organization! lol That's entirely due to our Founder, Ashin -- he's an awesome, grounded fellow and responsible for the the (now) 10 years we've enjoyed as a multi-game community.

And a personal "thanks" from me for saying "guys and gals" -- I love it when men recognize the hordes of female gamers!

I look forward to playing with you in FF. Maybe I'll see you today ^^

Thanks for the warm welcome!  

Ive actually never not had a female in my raid groups/guilds,  so ive been well trained in recognizing both sexes in in conversations. :)