FFXIV Introduction

Lan

Hi there ;)  My name is John, I'm 29yo, from Toronto and enjoy long romantic wa....wait...what forum is this again?

uh, let me start over!

Hey SoH,

Found this place through reddit and thought I'd say hi and see if we're a fit!  

Work shift-work with a schedule that is a little all over the place, so that keeps the gaming at a casual level.

I'm fresh out of the trial period in FFXIV (Marauder tank/dps) and have been loving it so far, but also have experience playing other MMO's in the past.

If you guys/gals want to know more, let me know.  Either way, it was nice to meet you all!

Lan

Hello Lan!

Canadians are always appreciated around here. As an added bonus, all the maple syrup and poutine jokes have been worked into dust, so you won't have to answer for being Red, White and Awesome!

On a separate note, double-double or some philistine combination of bovine fat and saccharides? Answer carefully as failure to meet my expectations will result in absolutely zero consequences because no one here trusts me with any kind of real power.

What was your previous MMO experience like?

What attracted / attracts you to FFXIV over other current mmos?

As much as I love drinking the milk from the teat of other species, I'm sorry to say that it does not enter my coffee.  Straight black for me please, and hopefully not from Tim's (don't tell the other Canadians).

I played WoW a couple years ago, and for the longest time I ran solo.  Eventually I joined a small start-up guild after chatting with the owner during a PUG.  I quickly realized that the game was much more rewarding when you start making friends to do content with, or just to chat with when doing mundane tasks.  That and I learned a ton from asking questions and being guided by more experienced players.  Unfortunately the guild fell apart a couple months later and I started to explore other games.  But it made me realize that I should look for a good group early on instead of wandering around on my own 'till level 50!

I heard FFXIV get mentioned on Reddit a few times and players only had good things to say.  It's been in the back of my mind that I should give it a shot, but never got around to it.  I recently tried (again) to enjoy The Secret World, but gave up and installed FFXIV.  It sounds like the crafting is amazing, which I can't wait to get in to.  As well for once I'm actually reading subtitles on quests because I'm enjoying the story!  I wish I could say I've been a fan of the entire series, but I think the last FF I played was FF7 on a PlayStation years ago and loved it.

Hello Lan!

Canadians are always appreciated around here. As an added bonus, all the maple syrup and poutine jokes have been worked into dust, so you won't have to answer for being Red, White and Awesome! No we havent. We still enjoy making fun of the crazy food choices of the frozen ones that live above us make. Please look forward to it.

On a separate note, double-double or some philistine combination of bovine fat and saccharides? Answer carefully as failure to meet my expectations will result in absolutely zero consequences because no one here trusts me with any kind of real power. What the heck is this about? 

What attracted / attracts you to FFXIV over other current mmos? Obviously he is attracted to this game because he can play a Lalafell. You do play a Lala dont you?

Edited by Yuri

Hello Lan!

Canadians are always appreciated around here. As an added bonus, all the maple syrup and poutine jokes have been worked into dust, so you won't have to answer for being Red, White and Awesome! No we havent. We still enjoy making fun of the crazy food choices of the frozen ones that live above us make. Please look forward to it.

How can you make fun of poutine!?!?  though I did have someone in Chicago tell me it was they who invented it...

On a separate note, double-double or some philistine combination of bovine fat and saccharides? Answer carefully as failure to meet my expectations will result in absolutely zero consequences because no one here trusts me with any kind of real power. What the heck is this about? 

A "double-double" here in Canada is just a coffee ordered with two cream two sugar.  Which makes the coffee taste like...well, not coffee!

What attracted / attracts you to FFXIV over other current mmos? Obviously he is attracted to this game because he can play a Lalafell. You do play a Lala dont you?

- It's been my dream for so long to play a Lalafell.  But I'm afraid that I get too excited and spontaneously combust.  So, no.  For now I'll stick with my Roegadyn

Hi Lan -- welcome to the boards! ^^

- Thanks Fera!