Final Fantasy XIV Application

HAKnSLASH

Hello!

I was informed to come here via Reddit, and so here I am! I have played FFXIV in the past but have never stuck with it due to lack of companionship. I am hoping a decent Free Company with active members will help me keep on keeping on with this game.

My name is Hayleigh, and I am 21 years old. I live in Canada in the Central timezone.

My main and only language is English.

I am currently working towards a degree in Criminal Justice, looking to do something with probation or parole in the future.

I have a full-time summer job at a men's federal prison, so I typically work 8am-4pm through weekdays.

When I'm not working, I'm an avid gamer. I mainly play my PS3 and PS4, I've been playing the Final Fantasy X Remastered on PS4, which has been the cause of drawing me back to FFXIV.

I also read a lot, currently working on getting through the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.

I don't have an IGN or even a server yet, as I haven't even purchased game time. (Part of me is wanting to buy a new base game, because I want that 20% exp bonus from recruit a friend...)

Also, I don't have Heavensward and probably wont purchase it until I reach level 50.

I'm excited to meet you all! :)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the boards!

You say you've played in the past, but don't have an in-game name. Did you actually delete your old character, or do you just want a fresh start (regardless of if you actually buy a new account)? 

What class (or classes!) would you play?

How far are you in the Dresden Files?

Who's your favorite party member in FFX?

And the most important question, which I actually get to ask for once:

How do you feel about Lalafells? 

I don't have an IGN or even a server yet, as I haven't even purchased game time. (Part of me is wanting to buy a new base game, because I want that 20% exp bonus from recruit a friend...)

Also, I don't have Heavensward and probably wont purchase it until I reach level 50.

I'm excited to meet you all! :)

Oh! Let me be your recruit a friend!!!! Please message me on the forums. I love to do this. :)

Rhiannon:

I honestly think I have a type of OCD when it comes to video games. If I haven't played a game in a while, I tend to delete the old file and create a new one. This is also how I react with characters on MMO's. So, my character was deleted. This is probably the reason why I never reach max level (or anywhere near it) and never finish video games...

I've always loved hunters/archers because of the distance between them and the enemy. Also because in most games they usually have a pet companion that fights for them. Unfortunately they don't have that in this game, in which case, I would consider a summoner for that reason. I'm stuck between the two. Are the new classes only available to people with Heavensward?

I just finished Proven Guilty last night, which I think is book 7 or 8 in the series. Next up is White Night! I went ahead and bought most of the series, but now I'm really losing interest. Yet I feel obligated to read the ones I have because I've already gone out and purchased them. Plus I've gotten pretty far in the series, I may as well complete it! (Although I'm unsure if there's even an end in sight... I think he's still making more)

I really love Lulu, mainly because she's probably the least annoying out of them all. But in combat, I think I like Yuna the best. I enjoy summoning the aeons! (Based on me mentioning a couple of times that I enjoy having pet companions, can you tell that I love animals?)

I think Lalafells are tubby, and I like tubby things! Makes me want to pinch their cheeks. Did I answer this correctly? I'm unsure of what the right response is here.

Midri:

I should be available tonight, but maybe not until later on in the evening. I potentially have to go grocery shopping, unless I can scrounge up some food to last me another day. If not tonight, then Wednesday might be the next best day. I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll be home tomorrow night or not, so it'll most likely be a last minute decision. Haha.

Yuri:

If I decide to buy another base copy, then sure! :) Do you know if I would get the hat upon buying 30 days of game time, or would I need to wait a while?

SCP:

Thanks! I found out I can access this site from work (which is rare, as everything is blocked).

Are the new classes only available to people with Heavensward?

Yes, but more importantly, the new jobs are available only to characters who have completed the entirety of the 2.x story. So don't feel like you should buy Heavensward early to play one of the new jobs, because it'll be a while before you can access them regardless.

Bard and Summoner are both fun! Depending on what it is you enjoy about having a pet, though, Summoner may or may not scratch that itch. If you like micro-managing, it's got that! If you like forming pseudo-emotional bonds with cute critters... um... You'll enjoy your time as Arcanist!

Though they might be getting a sort of pet-glamour system in the future... anyway.

I just finished Proven Guilty last night, which I think is book 7 or 8 in the series. Next up is White Night! I went ahead and bought most of the series, but now I'm really losing interest. Yet I feel obligated to read the ones I have because I've already gone out and purchased them. Plus I've gotten pretty far in the series, I may as well complete it! (Although I'm unsure if there's even an end in sight... I think he's still making more)

Proven Guilty is book 8, and you're about halfway through what's been released so far. I don't blame you for losing steam a bit; there's a long stretch of books that are pretty much just more of the same. Until Changes. Everything changes in Changes.

I think Lalafells are tubby, and I like tubby things! Makes me want to pinch their cheeks. Did I answer this correctly? I'm unsure of what the right response is here.

Mm, no right or wrong answer. It's just good to know which side you'll be on when the battle lines are drawn.

Cool, I'll be around more or less all evening (post 5pm-ish).  Our Mumble info is posted in the Policy forum.  If no one notices when you log on to it, just send a message to the FFXIV channel, and we'll get you sorted out.  

In the meantime, I'll bump you to Guest access so you can see more of the site.  ^^

Blah, for whatever reason I no longer have access to the formatting tools. You'll have to tolerate this unruly post.

RHIANNON:

Oh great! Now I don't feel as obligated to purchase the expansion. I know that I'd be able to unlock the new race, but thankfully I don't care too much about the Au Ron. I'm not too sure what race I'll go with now... Is the Bard more of a healing class? I prefer doing DPS, so it sounds like being a Summoner might be the better choice for me. I just like pets battling for me and tanking, as I seem to always die no matter what the game is.

Changes is the last book I own, which I have heard is an all around favourite of anyone who has read the series. I think I may have spoiled a bit of the upcoming books, as I decided to read the synopsis of the other books in the series to see if it was worth keeping up with. Have you read the entire series?

MIDRI:

Thank you! I'll be sure to browse around while I'm here at work, since it has been pretty boring here lately. I'll hopefully talk to you sometime tonight! :)