[FFXIV] Zuju Introduction

Zuju

Hello!

I'm Zuju (Zu Ju in game) and I'm a MCH.

As Logic said, he, Gerus, and I are real life friends who started playing this May. Out of the three of us, I'm the newest to MMOs. I started playing WoW at the end of Cata and got started raiding in a very casual schedule (3-5 hours/wk) during MoP--originally as a melee dps and then eventually tank, and then eventually raid leader and tank, and then eventually warlock master race. Gerus and I convinced Logic to come play with us too and the three of us settled into co-raid leader status. We enjoyed clearing tiers and snagging heroic (eventually mythic) kills on a light schedule.

We started playing FFXIV when we got tired of fighting the 20 man mythic recruitment boss and came to the greener pastures of 8 man FFXIV raiding. So far we're having a great time and are here to stay.

I, just this summer, started graduate school to pursue a PhD in biophysics at OSU. I'd previously worked in bioinformatics. My interests in that regard lay in computational biology and bioinformatics.

Looking forward to playing with you all. :)

Welcome.  If you've been tracking the other's threads you know that it's traditional to ask you some questions.

The most important of which is: How do you feel about Lalafel.  Best or worst?  Choose carefully as this will have not effect your membership in any way.

Dogs or Cats?  I heard somewhere that if you like dogs you are more like a cat and if you like cats you are more like a dog.  Do you know where I heard it?  Can you tell me why someone would say that?

Which role in a raid is the most thankless?

If you go on a road trip do you prefer to listen to the radio, your personal music, audiobooks, or silence.

What's the most annoying song ever written for adults?

Oh boy....

Welcome.  If you've been tracking the other's threads you know that it's traditional to ask you some questions.

The most important of which is: How do you feel about Lalafel.  Best or worst?  Choose carefully as this will have not effect your membership in any way.

Dogs or Cats?  I heard somewhere that if you like dogs you are more like a cat and if you like cats you are more like a dog.  Do you know where I heard it?  Can you tell me why someone would say that?

Which role in a raid is the most thankless?

If you go on a road trip do you prefer to listen to the radio, your personal music, audiobooks, or silence.

What's the most annoying song ever written for adults?

1. Lalafell for life. Small races = best races.
  2. Dogs definitely are better. I'll need a source for the rest of the question. It sounds pretty suspicious.
  3. Everything is always the healers' fault. 
  4. Personal music because I don't know all the radio stations on the way to the destination.
  5. This last one requires a bit of thought. I'll have to get back to you.

How do you feel about the improvements to MCH?

How many cats is too many?

how close are we to building a robot arm that shoots lasers? I really want to be Megaman.

is this ./ a man with a small head or with a large arm?

1. Gauss barrel change was good, but I was already staying in it full time because I figured it was going to get buffed to make me want to stay in it as much as possible anyway. I think Wildfire is probably the biggest issue with the class--it's fun when you do everything correctly, but very punishing when you mess it up.
  2. One cat is too many cats.
  3. Robot arms exist and lasers exist too... so we're very close.
  4. That is a man with a small head.

Who was the better tank in WoW, and why was it Logic?
How come we did the least efficient Class tanking for Heroic Shamans in SoO?
Who's voice do you hear when someone is calling out raid mechanics in your dreams?

1. Zuju was best tank. I don't recall Logic even being able to hold threat on trash or solo tanking last 50% of heroic Norushen after someone died in the trial...
  2. Monks and warriors had equal mitigation for her ice blasts and warriors better for the karate kicks upstairs. Switching upstairs/downstairs tanks wouldn't have stopped healers/shadow priest from dying constantly upstairs, which was the real issue. :p
  3. SupertoneD reading kill orders off of the back of an ice cream lid and telling us everything will be okay.