[FFXIV] Kaizen Introduction

Kaizen

Good afternoon!

I'm Kaizen (Kaizen Nacht on FFXIV and Kaïzen - Bleeding Hollow US on World of Warcraft) and currently I am playing a Dark Knight though I intend to switch to Paladin for the purposes of our raid (and hopefully level Ninja to give Grieve a chance to flex his tanking muscles).

In a past gaming life, I've been one of the tanks for a guild that is now top-200 world and at the time was top-25 US on Blackrock (raiding six nights a week for five hours a night while I was still in my undergraduate program). 

Fortunately, I've grown out of that phase. Though the urge to raid at the highest levels are still there. Working full time for GE Appliances in Louisville and taking two graduate courses a quarter through Northeastern University mixed with living with my girlfriend completely sap any extra time I would of had to raid multiple nights a week. 

I'm good friends with Minori, who I hope to be joining us at some point soon. We met on WoW back at the conclusion of Ulduar in Wrath of the Lich King and have played a few games together since then, keeping in touch and roping in some of my other friends who I've met on assorted games such as WoW and FFXI to play with us.

I played FFXIV during beta and had to give it up because of the lack of quality in the game, but was really excited when A Realm Reborn was announced and released. I was able to get my girlfriend to play with me, but ultimately we decided to move back to WoW after the lack of content got boring for her. She's working full time for the power company now and is also in graduate school and refuses to play again, sadly :( !

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you in game and talking with each of you as we move forward with raiding Alexander Savage. Hopefully Grieve can teach me a thing or two about Paladin tanking because it seems to be astrophysics compared to Dark Knight tanking so far.

Welcome!  It was nice talking to you last night.  :)

I feel like I should know more about Louisville because my dad taught at the university there for 6 years, but all I remember are Churchill Downs, baseball bats, and some restaurant in a weird hotel/art museum fusion.  :(

What are you studying for grad school?

Since my girlfriend has a Lalafell and I race-changed to one I'd say I am on the fence! Nothing better than a good punt every now and then though  :D!

As for cats v dogs:

I'd have to say dogs even though I have a cat with my girlfriend (it came as a package deal with her). When I was living with my parents while going to school, I had access to the best friend a human could have in a now 10-year-old Boxer. She's a good girl.

I would say Winter because I'm a big fan of the cold and the snow. I lived in Florida for about 60% of my 27 years so I was very ready to get into the cold weather. I've been here for just under 2.5 years now and have gone through historically cold winters (last year was the coldest it had been in something like 18 years according to the weather historians...aka older people at work).

I'm studying for a Masters in Science in Technical Communication. I currently working for GE and do writing on the side for gosugamers.net so it's the perfect marriage of the two.

A old FFXI player! What server? 

Welcome to the boards!

I played on Pandemonium since it was released here in the states back in...2002? It got merged though and my characters (for those free weeks of nostalgia) are all on Asura.

Edited by Kaizen

Welcome to the boards!

Always nice to see a fellow FFXI player to be added to the list of people that played.  I mained a ninja for the better part of 7 years in one of the top HNM LS's on Titan.

I was one of the poor, young & impressionable fools who got roped into playing BRD.