[FFXIV] Chris Introduction

Chris

Hey everyone! This might be a little long so I added a TDLR at the bottom.

I saw your recruitment post on one of the threads on reddit and your FC sounded like it might be a good fit for my friend and I!

My name is Chris (PLD, DRK) and I’m long time off and on XIV player that started in Beta. I’ve only been in one FC in my entire time playing XIV and that was back in 1.0. The only reason I’m not in it now is because I stopped playing and decided to start off fresh when ARR was released.

I have a long history with gaming, PC and Console! MMO’s being one of my favorite genre, so generally I’m a sucker for em. I also enjoy fighters, rts, and moba's so I watch a lot of the FGC and E-sports tourneys.

I dabbled in Meridian 59 when I was about 12 but never really got into it. Then the addiction started when all of my cousins got into UO, and from there the list just kept on growing.

I’ve played (in no particular order) AC, AC2, EQ, EQ2, GW, GW2, RO, DAoC, FFXI, Lineage 2, Aion, SWG, WoW, Rift, WAR, Tera, ESO, PSO, PSO 2, Vanguard, and many more.

Out of all those games I've probably spent the most time with WoW, EQ 1 & 2, Aion, XI and XIV.  I’ve only raided in EQ 1 (PoP) EQ 2 (seriously can’t remember) , WoW (Vanilla-WoTLK), FFXI (Sky) but left the game when I got into the WoW Beta due to a lot of drama, and I've never raided in XIV.  

As I got older the HC raider part of me has died down a bit, but I never really raided with the intention of being server first or to be the best. It was always about hanging out with people I enjoyed playing with and having a good time. My other motivation for raiding was to get pretty gear. I like pretty gear.

If you have any questions, bring em on! I'm ready for them ;)

TLDR; MMO addict named Chris.  Picky when it comes to joining guilds. Looking for a good lively group of people to chat and have fun with. Like’s pretty gear.

Welcome to the forums! Someone will be around in a bit to get you set up. It traditional to ask some semi-random questions. So here we go

Who will you side with in the coming Lala war? The Heros protecting us all or the Lalafel?

What's you favorite fruit? What's the most of them you've ever eaten at once? have you ever eaten then straight from the vine/bush/tree?

What draws you to tanks?

What decade from 1450-2010 produced the best music? Why?

Welcome to the forums! Someone will be around in a bit to get you set up. It traditional to ask some semi-random questions. So here we go

Who will you side with in the coming Lala war? The Heros protecting us all or the Lalafel?

What's you favorite fruit? What's the most of them you've ever eaten at once? have you ever eaten then straight from the vine/bush/tree?

What draws you to tanks?

What decade from 1450-2010 produced the best music? Why?

The Lala's, always. I'm one of them  :mean:

Grapes! There was a time where I had no food in my fridge besides a few cluster of grapes. I ate all of em during a raid  :bashful:

Normally I always played the rogue/thief type classes because I preferred the look of leather armor and flailing daggers around while being stealthy, but when 1.0 came out they didn't have a thief class! So I just made a tank hoping it'd be a good medium to make some new friends because everyone loves tanks (esp a lala tank)...right?

The best decade for music to me has to be the 90's and early 2000's. Reason why I think it's the best is because those were the years when I grew up and listened to wide range of music compared to now.

What FFXI server where you on?

Console or PC master race?

Lala master race?

Red fish, blue fish, would you eat green eggs and ham?

Welcome to the boards :D

I was on Seraph! Anyone here read about that 18 hr fight way back where everyone got sick? Those were actually some of my old XI buddies

Can I choose both? Considering I'll buy the PC port if its available, but I love my consoles for the fighting games!

Lala master race, always and forever.

You know...I would..for some reason whenever I see food that's colored green or blue I wanna eat it, as long as it's not fuzzy and was meant to be that color.

and TY for the welcomes!

I was on Seraph! Anyone here read about that 18 hr fight way back where everyone got sick? Those were actually some of my old XI buddies

We still talk about that fight. In fact we just talked about it in mumble the other night. The non FFXI players were amazed. 

We still talk about that fight. In fact we just talked about it in mumble the other night. The non FFXI players were amazed. 

Haha, I remember logging onto AIM the next night and getting messages from them about that fight. A few of them ended up quitting XI after that, and all I could say was "You guys actually fought that thing for 18 hrs!?"

Welcome!  Are you free for a Mumble date some time this week?  I can do any time Tues-Thurs, but Atrael can probably take over if those days don't work for you.

I'm out of town for a few days, but I might be back Tuesday night around 5-7pm, if not, Thurs anytime will work for sure!