[Eve] Icytactics / Jonelle Ferost Introduction

Icytactics

How's it going guys?

Like Axion, my corp is being merged. I'm not exactly sure what you would like me to write in here, but I will tell you about my self. I haven't been playing Eve too long; I started playing a long time ago (Oct. 2006). Played pretty regularly for about a year or so, and then got very busy with work. Got back into the game a little over 4 months ago, and have been playing regularly ever since.

I am from New Jersey, but I do not talk with the standard Jersey accent nor do I act anything like the people from Jersey Shore. I work very hard so I can play even harder. I am a Senior in college, about to graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in both Computer Science and Mathematics. I work 2 jobs; managing a bowling alley (yes I bowl well too) and IT at the university I attend. I just bought a car (2012 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track) and I love it :D.

When it comes to past games and other games I play, the list isn't that long, but the time spent playing is excessive. I played WoW since Beta (Mage - where "icytactics" came from, Rogue, Warrior, Shaman). Starcraft I/II, Age of Empires, Diablo I/II/III, Hearthstone, and too many console games to list as well.

I cook (Italian is my specialty.. Homemade Cannolis anyone??). I play sports as well; volleyball, bowling, soccer, and I run.

I think that's a fairly detailed intro, if you have any questions I am an open book.

See you all in game.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, thanks for the post. Just to translate our forum names to EVE names, I'm TBert, Elend is 'Marlania Targaryen', and Overkill is usually playing Mattos Vali or Jayl Reinquist. They've both failed at contributing to your applicant thread with questions, so I'll be that guy.

Which race was your favorite in SC2? I was Protoss meself, made it to 'Diamond League' when the game first out, then promptly put the game down and barely ever played it again...

I am a great consumer of Italian food, but not much of a cook. Nothing more sophisticated than opening a can/jar and mixing it together with other things that also come out of a can/jar.

Your EVE story is pretty similar to mine. I initially subbed in 2006, played for about 8 months. Resubbed in 2010, played for about 6 months. Most of us resubbed back in December. What brought you back to the game this time?

Random piece of trivia, at one point South of Heaven's WoW raiding chapter was in the top 1% of US progression raiding. Did you play WoW for the raiding or for the PvP?

I too played Protoss right when the game came out, but I switched over to Zerg after a while. I had a buddy of mine who kept stomping me all over the place as Zerg, so I wanted to see if I could match/beat him.

It hurts my heart when you refer to the "jar/can".. Gotta take the time to make good gravy. You will hear me (usually Saturday's) saying I have to go stir the gravy a bit in the future. I plan on building your appetites with images of my creations in the future as well. Shredded Chicken Parmesan Baked Manicotti was yesterday.

What brought me back to the game this time is a little hard to answer. I was playing wow for pvp after firelands, and I kind of got annoyed with the consistent grind for points and gear without any consequence for poor play. Then I started thinking about how in eve you lose you stuff when you perform poorly in pvp. The thought of it made my heart race a bit, and I hard to resubb.

Originally I played WoW for the raiding, and I was a raid leader through hardmodes in Cata. When they brought in the Panderan, I kind of lost respect for blizzard a little, and decided to not raid any more. I did start aggressively pvping as a frost Mage (so much control, and escapability). Ended up creating a small pvp guild. I miss it a little, but I don't miss the grind for gear at all.

What was your favorite class to play?

I played a Druid first as Alliance then as Horde. I only raided in vanilla, but WoW was the MMO gateway drug that has me almost always playing at least one.

I'm going to upgrade your forum account to Recruit and send you an invite in-game. That will allow you to view our EVE forums and the information overload they represent. Let me point out some highlights...

- Our guild has pretty high standards of behavior and conduct. Please read the Code of Conduct and post your understanding so we know you've read it.

- The EVE Online Chapter Policy forums has a pile of information about how our corp operates in EVE. Of particular importance, here are instructions for joining our in-game chat channel and here is an explanation of our in-game rank structure.

Some of us have limited playtime, so we use the forums a lot to discuss happenings in the game and plans for once we're actually able to log on. I'll be sending you a PM at some point in the next few days with even MORE words to read.

First, obligatory youtube response to this

I work very hard so I can play even harder.

But seriously you sound super motivated and active - nicely done.

If Inedit stops by this thread, she will be so happy to find another person that calls sauce "gravy".  I'm convinced that only New Jersey (or possibly Tri-state) Italian-Americans do this, and I refuse to accept it!  Even so, we'll have to compare notes on cooking techniques and raid leadership in Cata some time. ;)

I should probably ask game-related questions.. um, what's your favorite way to spend time in EVE?  How did you find your previous corp, and what drew you to them?  What do you hope to find in SOHCO?

Get out your guitars, hair gel and sing along with me..................VINDICATED! 

I've explained it many times, how NY/NJ have come to say gravy (which is correct).  Ashin, glad it takes a total stranger danger (sorry, potential new BFF) to make you see the light.   :p

Totes excited -- except for the very American adding a "s" to Cannoli, which is already plural -- points lost.

How many turkeys achieved during 1 game?  

Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't sound Jersey?  What about when you're drunk?  Angry?  Excited?  Talking to others who do sound Jersey and inadvertantly mimic them?

Welcome to SoH Forums!   ;)

Edited to add:  EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW frost mage.

Edited by Inedit