[EVE] Scynner Introduction

Scynner

I'm a 41 year old who loves to game and brew beer.  I've played most MMO's but games with full loot, FFA pvp I find the most fun.  Games like Darkfall, Mortal Online, Arma 3 breaking point mod, etc.  This character of mine was one I made many years ago but I never stayed playing (mostly because I was really into Darkfall, as it was the fantasy ying to EVE's sci-fi yang).  I'm willing to step deeper into EVE and hopefully have fun, and killing people in games is usually pretty fun.  

I'm a Canadian living in Saskatchewan and usually play between 8-midnight CST.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

My Api:  4704396

Verification Code: dVpvZVLk0kBWOXXaF86J90B66YNM5e2UX0RP9u0nNYYvKcA8lg6pf3rziWu2zDQA

Hey Scynner! Thanks for putting in an app! My in-game name is TBert.

Our alliance executor is actually Canadian. I've had a few late-night talks with him about Canadian Army culture vs. US Army culture. The differences are pretty interesting. Have you ever had a dangerous encounter with a moose?

What's your RL job? If you say you make a living brewing beer, I'm going to be very jealous.

You mentioned that you lived in lo-sec for a while. Were you a PvP'er, FW'er, mission-runner? Lo-sec's rules were so weird to us when we started playing, we got blown up by the gate guns a few times trying to find a fight...

Hey Scynner! Thanks for putting in an app! My in-game name is TBert.

Our alliance executor is actually Canadian. I've had a few late-night talks with him about Canadian Army culture vs. US Army culture. The differences are pretty interesting. Have you ever had a dangerous encounter with a moose?

What's your RL job? If you say you make a living brewing beer, I'm going to be very jealous.

You mentioned that you lived in lo-sec for a while. Were you a PvP'er, FW'er, mission-runner? Lo-sec's rules were so weird to us when we started playing, we got blown up by the gate guns a few times trying to find a fight...

My dad was in the armed forces for 37 years.  Can't say I have had a dangerous Moose encounter.  I do live in a city called Moose Jaw.  One time I was coming back from Winnipeg on my way home to Moose Jaw and just passed a town called Moosomin and came across three moose crossing the highway. Lot of Moose in that story.

RL job is I work for the crown corporation SaskWater.  We are a utility and I'm an account manager who deals with the larger industrial companies and municipalities.  Brewing beer is just a passion of mine.  I like all different kinds of beer and I love being able to brew exactly what I want.  Something really hoppy but dark? Sure, why not.  I haven't made any lagers yet because that requires temperature control, but I will eventually do a project to make a brewing chamber.  Plus lagers take a lot longer to make and I'm not the most patient person.  Typical ale takes approx one month to make until you can drink it.

In low sec I joined a corp called black flag operators.  I did some combat sites, explored, mined and participated in a few fleet ops.  I'm still pretty slow with the directional scanner but I'm getting better.  I didn't like the gate games either.  Battleship sitting on a gate with 5 other neuts in the system cloaked up waiting for you to shoot first.  

Hi Scynner!  Sorry I was super drunk during our interview. :D

I think the whole guild here will embrace the name of your city, to be honest.

No gate guns in null, so we don't have any games like that.  But you will need to deal with bubbles, which will be a new mechanic for you.

It seems I'm the only one with harassing questions prepared.  :)

I'm going to upgrade your forum account to Recruit. That will allow you to view our EVE forums and the information overload they represent. Let me point out some highlights...

- Our guild has pretty high standards of behavior and conduct. Please read the Code of Conduct and post your understanding so we know you've read it.

- The EVE Online Chapter Policy forums has a pile of information about how our corp operates in EVE. Of particular importance, here are instructions for joining our in-game chat channel and here is an explanation of our in-game rank structure.

- Since you're still relatively new to EVE, also peruse our Reference forums which are chock full of information that will help you handle that learning curve. Take as long as you like in hi-sec before accepting the corp invite and coming out to null, it's a big transition and it's better if you're ready. But if you want to jump in, you can register for the NAGA TS3 once you've joined the corp, that's where we are most of the time.  101%20Smilie.png

Some of us have limited playtime, so we use the forums a lot to discuss happenings in the game and plans for once we're actually able to log on. I'll be sending you a PM soon with even MORE words to read.