[EVE] Caldari Joans

Caldari Joans

Greetings SOHCO.  I was browsing /evejobs earlier today and your recruitment post caught my eye.  I'm considering a return to Eve and wanted to start shopping for corps to see what's around.  Currently, I'm a CEO of my own corp, Waves of Aegir, which I ran with two buds from our own gaming community.  We all took a step back from New Eden a couple months back after my guys burnt out on their moon endeavors.  Right now they are still focusing on WoW in prep for Legion but I wanted to fire Eve back up.

I'm wanting to move my main, Caldari Joans, into a new pvp corp in null.  Ideally the corp would be a small, mature, and close-knit crew.  So far your posts and Blades' philosophy seem to line up with that.

If interested in chatting I can respond here as well as your public channel when I'm online. Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and thanks for stopping by.  Don't mind Inedit - she refuses to try Eve because of space mining!

I'm glad our post caught your eye, and we should definitely chat in game.  You can join our public channel, although folks are a bit scarce with lots of holiday activities happening.  I probably won't be back in game until Saturday morning.

Can you give us some idea of how your character is trained and what you've done in the past - ie, have you lived in null before?  If not, what's got you interested in trying it?  PvP experience?

Others will haze you with non-game related questions, so I'll stop here for now. :)

Sure, I guess my first post didn't say much about my toon aside from wanting to find a new corp.  I focus almost entirely on PvP, most of which is solo to micro-gang and have FC experience.  I've spent the majority of my time in null sec, but have fought in FW space as well as spent a short stint in WH space.  Currently my corp is in PFR, a great alliance to be a part of. However, upon returning I'm looking for something different. Our corp was mainly my friends and I but with them taking a break I'd prefer to join someone else's operation.  As far as PFR goes, again great group of guys but a lot of people hang out in 4-C and wait for people to come knocking at the front door.  There are good fights to be had but large Caracal blobs typically aren't my style.

In finding a new corp I'd like to meet pilots who are interested in learning PvP. I feel small group PvP creates better all-around pilots rather than F1 jockeys for the front line.  If a pilot can think for themselves in a small gang they are able to function during the chaos of a large fleet op as well. Currently I maintain freedom regarding PvP and I'd like to continue to do so in a new home.  For example, on occasion gate camps deserve a Golem busting into them.  After fielding expensive ships a bit I'll eventually lose them.  In my opinion, loss is what makes Eve great and if you never risk assets then you're robbing yourself of the pure experience.  I'm looking for a corp with like minded individuals who won't get bent out of shape over losses.  With that in mind I'd promise to add plenty of green to the boards too.

For more specific information about my toon I've linked my Eveboard and killboard information below:

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Caldari_Joans

https://zkillboard.com/character/1621681754/

Ship wise you'll see that I can fly almost anything subcap aside from command ships (~14 days away do to leadership training) and T2 logi (not interested in flying, if we need utility I provide recon V in all races).  Lately I prefer large tanky ships when I roam because it's fun fighting outnumbered.

As a hobby I enjoy recording some of my games and posting them. I've been back in WoW lately doing arenas which I don't find video worthy so I haven't recorded in a while. Returning to Eve allows me to hop back into Sony Vegas.

I'll stop there for now with the wall of text. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

PFR is a great choice - we've spoken with Walter Cohen before, and think highly of what they do.  Actually we strongly considered joining them.. twice!

The point you bring up about the killboard is a really good one.  To be totally candid, SOHCO continues to explore that topic, and we have no yet articulated any firm rules.  We do want all of our pilots to maintain an active and positive killboard.  We don't get our panties in a bunch any time someone makes a mistake - we may ask what happened, either to learn from your mistake or to help you learn to avoid repeating it.  We don't like to see ridiculous fits (either terrible or excessively blingy) in the red on our killboard, and that would probably prompt a conversation.  We had a recruit hauling PI material in an Orca - it was frustrating to see that loss on our kb for sure.

So if I think about the scenario you described - someone is active in pvp, has a positive and active killboard, but lost something expensive the off times he got carried away - I don't see a problem with that.  I think you're right to say that's how the game is meant to be enjoyed.  I might ask that you build up a reservoir of green before you give us the red golem, tho.  How does that sound?

It was nice chatting with you man! I ran out of questions to ask you in-game... but that doesn't mean I can't come up with questions to ask you here...

I've learned you are military - what's your position on the use of the knife-hand? The more the better? Only for the direst of circumstances?

We like to kick back on our Friday nights and drink while talking about our weeks. What would be your drink of choice for an evening like that?

What are some of your favorite games aside from EVE & WoW?

Hah, I work in an office so the knife hand doesn't come out too often. Typically it only shows up if I'm chasing someone down or just messing with someone.  My position would be "direst of circumstances" if we're talking real no-shit knife hand action.

Drink of choice is typically beer. For those in NOVA it's hard to beat Devils Backbone Vienna Lager. My wife prefers cider so Strongbow is usually in the rotation as well.

Game wise I typically stay pretty loyal to whatever I'm playing at the time. Outside of Eve and WoW I've sunk a bit of time into D3, AA, SWTOR and the Fallout series.