[EVE] maGz

maGz

Hello all, introducing myself as I'm looking to join your guild. 

I thought I'd start out with the important stuff first:

I'm 48, male, married (21yrs), 2 children (2 girls, 21 & 18), 3 grandkids (1 boy and 2 girls).  I'm an Industrial Electrician/Technician with 18yrs of experience.  I like to hunt and fish and I still play baseball in a Men's Senior League.  I'm an ex-US Marine (Force Recon  1987-1991).

As far as EVE goes, I've pretty much held every title there is in the game.  From miner up to Alliance leader, I've pretty much done it all.  I can FC, but I will quickly give up that role because I know I'm not the best at it.  I like the all-around aspect of the game, and I continually try to be a team player.

After the in-game convos I had with players in this guild and their Alliance leadership, I'm looking forward to joining.  It will be nice to play with like-minded players!

maGz

My real name is Ken

Hi Magz -- welcome to the boards! Folks here are pretty special and I hope you find we're a good fit, and vice versa. I won't get the chance to game with you in Eve (not my thing ^^) but perhaps in another title somewhere along the way? SoH plays a LOT of different games (I'm mucking about in GW2 atm).

We're very close in age -- yay! Tell me, what kind of music do you prefer? I think it's curious that I've found myself gravitating to some of the music my parents listened to when I was young, stuff I professed to hate at the time, lol.

Do you have any pets? (we're pet people!) I adopted 3 kittens about 4 months ago: Chaos, Loki & Luna(tic), aka the Trouble Troupe. They're a real handful, lol.

Welp, I'm sure someone will be along from the Eve Chapter to shake your hand and give you the low-down soon; until then, sit tight and enjoy the view. Again, welcome! Make yourself at home ^^

Hi Magz! Thanks for posting an app! I'm TBert/TBette in-game, it was nice chatting with you last night.

What other kinds of PC games do you play?

I met a Marine Force Recon vet a few months ago in a class. He told an amazing story about calling in one of the last fire missions for the USS Wisconsin... (cue long pause while I read the entire wiki entry for the USS Wisconsin) ...in Desert Storm, totally annihilating an Iraqi unit. Were you over there for that campaign?

You've done so much in the game, do you ever feel like you've 'won' EVE? What are your goals in the game? Or are you just searching for the right people to keep playing with?

Thanks for the welcomes!  I'll try to answer some questions-

Hi Magz -- welcome to the boards! Folks here are pretty special and I hope you find we're a good fit, and vice versa. I won't get the chance to game with you in Eve (not my thing ^^) but perhaps in another title somewhere along the way? SoH plays a LOT of different games (I'm mucking about in GW2 atm).

We're very close in age -- yay! Tell me, what kind of music do you prefer? I think it's curious that I've found myself gravitating to some of the music my parents listened to when I was young, stuff I professed to hate at the time, lol.

Do you have any pets? (we're pet people!) I adopted 3 kittens about 4 months ago: Chaos, Loki & Luna(tic), aka the Trouble Troupe. They're a real handful, lol.

Welp, I'm sure someone will be along from the Eve Chapter to shake your hand and give you the low-down soon; until then, sit tight and enjoy the view. Again, welcome! Make yourself at home ^^

I pretty much like all music, but I tend to listen to Rock mostly.  It all depends on the song.  My favorite band is ZZ Top, especially since I got to meet the band up close and personal outside of a music venue.

We have a 6 month old AKC Yorkie.

Hi Magz! Thanks for posting an app! I'm TBert/TBette in-game, it was nice chatting with you last night.

What other kinds of PC games do you play?

I met a Marine Force Recon vet a few months ago in a class. He told an amazing story about calling in one of the last fire missions for the USS Wisconsin... (cue long pause while I read the entire wiki entry for the USS Wisconsin) ...in Desert Storm, totally annihilating an Iraqi unit. Were you over there for that campaign?

You've done so much in the game, do you ever feel like you've 'won' EVE? What are your goals in the game? Or are you just searching for the right people to keep playing with?

Right now I'm slogging thru Witcher 3.  I just recently got into the Arma series ( 2 & 3) and I'm playing the single player campaign (3) when I get a chance.  I'm seriously saving up my duckies for the Saitek X-55 flight controllers w/pedals!  The flight dynamics, especially for the helos, LOOK AWESOME!!!!!!!

My unit was already involved in operations in other areas when Desert Storm kicked off.  I was already short time and not under STOP LOSS, so I got to miss that little adventure.

EVE for me has always been more about WHO I'm playing the game with.  I've got to meet some really cool people from all over the world via the game, some of whom I'm still in touch with even though they no longer play EVE.  My goal is pretty basic, have fun!

Welcome MaGz!

Since you've held every position in the game what's your favorite and what aspect of EVE got you interested in the game initially?

My favorite position....  man that's a tough one.  Each position had it's challenges.  Back in the BOB vs EVE days, my corp was the head of a smaller alliance.  We had about 15 or so corps in the alliance and were allied with the Goons.  I was the Chief Alliance Diplo as well as a Director for our corp.  That was a lot of fun.  A TON of headache, but still a lot of fun!

Growing up a Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galacta fan I found the space aspect VERY drawing!!! 

Hola Ken!  Looking forward to getting to know you and die along side of you!

So - Jacob or Edward?  Righty or Lefty?

I promise to pick up your corpse if you promise to pick up mine!!

I had to edit as I totally missed the whole sparkly vampire versus  teen wolf connection!  Honestly neither, since I feel the books were a huge waste of paper and the films a huge waste of my brain synapses even thinking about them!  :O

Righty all the way!

I'm going to upgrade your forum account to Recruit. That will allow you to view our EVE forums and the information overload they represent. Let me point out some highlights...

- Our guild has pretty high standards of behavior and conduct. Please read the Code of Conduct and post your understanding so we know you've read it.

- The EVE Online Chapter Policy forums has a pile of information about how our corp operates in EVE. Of particular importance, here are instructions for joining our in-game chat channel and here is an explanation of our in-game rank structure.

Some of us have limited playtime, so we use the forums a lot to discuss happenings in the game and plans for once we're actually able to log on. I'll be sending you a PM soon with even MORE words to read.