[FFXIV] Gold Fish

Gold Fish

Hello!  Gold Fish here. Thank you guys for giving me a shot at finding an FC in NA!

A bit about myself first I suppose. I'm 34 and a mechanical engineer by trade. I am usually based in Texas, but have spent the last two years in sunny and warm Glasgow. I'm headed back to the states in February, and thought I'd get a head start on finding a FFXIV home to land in when I return. I have a three year old girl, and a boy due on the 25th, and their sleep schedules typically prevent me from speaking on voice chat. I'm a bit of a gadget addict (phones, tablets, laptops, mini-computers, junk) and a car tinkerer when I have one to tinker on. 

In the game, I prefer tank roles, with PLD being my main and WAR being a secondary class. This probably stems from years and years of playing FFXI as a Bard or BLM, and the desire to do something a bit different this time. I'm pretty new to the game, only joining right before Heavensward was released, so I haven't seen a lot of the 2.0 content (EX primals, Coils, etc). As far as current content is concerned, I've cleared AS1, and seen AS2 once, so I'm still working through that as well. I like doing everything, but I'm not bothered if it takes a bit longer.

I'm currently living on Cerberus as I'm in GMT, but I've moved my alt (Gold Scout) over to Levi for now while I figure out how to consolidate things on my main character. I'm a bit of a market board player and hoarder, so it's more work than I anticipated. Anyways, I hope to see you guys in game soon! Let the hazing begin!

Welcome!  Glad to see you made it on to Levi.  :)  I'll look for you tomorrow and try to get your FC invite out, but if you happen to see anyone on Mumble, he or she should be able to invite you, as well.  

You'll be in for a treat with Coils!  The best fights in the game are in there.  I've been itching to do a minimum ilvl run of old content, and see everything again the way it was meant to be seen.  Maybe after the holidays...  :3

The XI crew will probably come after you, so prepare yourself!

Welcome to the forums!

An XI player huh?  Midri was right, here we all come!  Some of us recently re-subbed.

I'm going to assume since you listed Bard first, that you played that more.  So.. I take it you liked to pull in burn parties?  I was always the ninja or warrior in the burn parties.

What server were you on in XI?

Did you have any end-game involvement?  If so, how far did you see?

It's funny, I did the same thing as you.  I mained a ninja tank for my FFXI career in end-game, and play a Bard now in FFXIV due to needing a tank break >.>

I'll let everyone else at you!

I look forward to meeting you!

I think I will always compare MMO games to FFXI, and it was a huge part of my life for a while. I played bard quite a bit, and worked through a Gjallarhorn, though towards the end, I mostly played BLM (stun claiming and bursting down HNMs). As for endgame, I was one of the many with alarms set throughout the night to catch spawn windows, farming Sky and Sea, and doing Dynamis regularly.

I started on one FFXI server, whose name escapes me right now, and my LS transferred onto Titan to get away from another big botting LS. I actually started as a Monk, but they weren't that useful when I was playing (only up to 75). I still loved a good Hundred Fists beatdown. It's been many years since I've even looked at the game. Ninja was one of my favorite classes, and I was sad to see that you couldn't blink tank with NIN in FFXIV. I loved being able to claim regular Behemoth as a NIN and solo it. Memories...

I was a much much much better FFXI player than I am a FFXIV player, that's for sure.

Whew, you're asking me to think pretty far back... I had 4 or 5 characters at one point, but I mainly played Valvalis and Valor (multi-boxing was required at the time). The LS changed names a few times during our history, but I think it was called Momento or something similar when I was there. It was at least 7 or 8 years ago when I played last, and I don't pretend that we were much of an "ethical" LS.

OMG a Titan player?! FINALLY! Welcome!!!!!! What years were you on Titan? What was your in game name? What LS did you run with? Yay!

First time we've run into a Titan player!!  I was Scp on Titan.  FFXI was where Yuri and myself met and we've been married 8 years now :D  (Thank you FFXI)

Titan had it's spill of botting in top-tier LS's as well.  The main culprit being "Legacy" (Fuck those guys)

We ran with Flyingdragoon in "Particle", and despite Legacy using claim bots, we claimed 9+ Faf/Nid's in a row in NA time over them.  I too was on the road to my relic, yet we kept having bad luck with the Animated Great Axe, as it kept warping around 10% on 10+ attempts.  I had everything else ready to finish too :(  We were very lucky to be part of a top-tier HNM shell, that was also very casual.  We also had a very wealthy player base, so we pretty much TP burned most HNM's cause the LS owned 5-6 K-clubs to hand out to the DRK's.

Just based on this convo, I really want to talk on mumble and see if we both knew anyone.  Sadly I don't remember your name around Titan  :(

I know you! Well I know your LS. Let me back up here though.

Hello my name was Roughian of Particle LS, Titan. I played a whm for many years. Im pretty sure I know who you are, I remember seeing a Valor in Juneo a few times. 

Its really great to see another Titan player.

Welcome to the forums. Im around game off and on when the kids allow me play time, if you need anything please give me a shout!

I'm absolutely amazed that both of you can even remember that far back!  I've slept/drank many times since then and my memory is pretty terrible. It's not surprising if you don't remember me, though. I'm a "blend into the background" kind of player more than the loud leader type. 

Ah Legacy... They were our main competition for a while. I can't remember if they were using NASA or not, but some people definitely were.  I still remember a mass ban at one point that removed 4-5 relics from the game. Ouch. 

Thank you for the warm Titan welcome!  I look forward to bumping into you guys in game! I have similar kid constraints, so I understand the erratic game play times :)