[EVE] Becani

facets

Hey y'all. How's it going?

I have a long and tumultuous history with EVE. Can't remember most of it Cause my memory is terrible. But here is what I do remember:

First I played was in 2010. I ran missions (zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.) It was okay. I needed something more though, so I Eventually joined a rather large corporation called Universal Fleet Operations. It was part of an alliance that was renting from the Northern Coalition. I had no idea how to make ISK out there, and I didn't figure it out, so I ended up jump cloning back to hisec to mission for ISK. It sucked. So did the people. But goddamn it I loved flying around in fleet and shooting people.

At some point I stopped playing. I forgot my login info. I moved someplace new. I changed my legal name. I changed banks, too. When I wanted to play again, I had none of the information I needed in order to recover the account. It was completely lost.

But I came back. I always come back to EVE. I can't remember most of what I did on this character. I floated through a few hisec corps. I tried doing solo stuff. Nothing stuck. In my most recent playing, I joined SOUND. Great people, they are. I lived with them in Fountain for months. Was great fun. I flew on fleets, I mined and built in a pocket system. I shot at people roaming down the pipe. Took part in a few bombing runs.

Eventually though, BRAVE fell apart. SOUND left Null and moved to wormhole space. Wormhole space is great. But it's kinda tough. People don't float through very often. The neighboring systems change every day. And you have to really work hard to find your content. This was a problem because I suffer from chronic lack of direction. I had no idea what to do. There was often nothing to do. Nothing I could do on my own anyway. Stopped logging in... eventually got kicked for inactivity. That was a few months ago.

Last week, I found myself missing the game. I felt drawn back in. And I figured, hey, I've got $15 laying around, why not fly around and see what happens? So I resubbed. I flew around. Love the game. But what do I *do*? I have no idea what to do on my own in this game. So I decided I'd look for people to fly with. As much as I love SOUND, I didn't really feel like rejoining much. That's when I remembered Blades of Grass.

I thought, hey, I know a few people in Blades of Grass. They're freaking great! Lemme look them up, and hey, they look like friendly, laid-back, fun loving people. SO I hopped into the Alliance's public channel. They pointed me towards South of Heaven. I figured, what's there to lose? This sounds fun anyway. I like meeting new people anyhow, and I value community. And that's how I found myself writing this here.

That's quite a lot about EVE, isn't it? Well, I should move on to me. Name's Rebecca, am a trans woman. Will be 25 next week. Currently unemployed (curse you mental illness) but I'm applying to get a job at a locksmithing shop. Studying French. I love video games, been playing them my whole life. Other than EVE, I have played a LOT of Dota 2. (1500 games so far) I've also dabbled lately in World of Tanks and World of Warships. Also play a lot of RPGs and roguelikes. Oh and Dark Souls. Fun fun.

Ask me anything. I have a question, too, by the way. The name, "South of Heaven", where did it come from? I really wanna hear that story.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Becani! That's a heck of an intro post, I like it. I'm heading to bed, but I'll be back to harass you with random questions tomorrow morning.

As far as your question, it's actually laid out in pretty serious detail in a post somewhere here on our forums. Many people think it's based on the Slayer song but it actually has something to do with the soul and a moth and a Greek folk tale. I can't find the thread ATM though.

It's a bummer you couldn't recover your old account! Starting from scratch in this game can be rough, though our current CEO actually did that on purpose for some reason...

I'm encouraged to hear that you liked SOUND so much, we took a hard look at them when we started our null sec search but our corp wasn't big enough. They occupied the 'small, well-organized, and effective' niche for HERO, which is exactly what Blades of Grass does for the GotG coalition. We also have a similar emphasis on culture, and there's something going on most nights of the week where you can join in.

I imagine locksmithing is one of those careers where you roll your eyes at how it's portrayed in video games. What's your response every time you pick a lock in Fallout? 'It's not really that easy, get it RIGHT Bethesda!'

I've had great experiences in WoT and WoWS, but aside from some time in a Clan Wars clan back in 2012 I haven't really stuck with them for more than a few months at a time. I prefer WoWS now since WoT has become stale, everyone goes to the same places and shoots in the same direction every time.

OK! Questions!

What's your favorite flavor of hummus?

If you could customize your own mood ring, what colors would you assign to 'happy' and 'sad'?

What's your favorite ship in EVE and why?

Yeah if you go at a lock with a screwdriver and a bobby pin, you're not gonna get it open. I don't know much about the trade at all really, but I'm eager to learn. This place I looked at told me they take people on and train them regularly.

Hummus? Haven't tried very many. Something with garlic definitely.

Mood ring. hm? Red and Blue.

Favorite ship in EVE? Well if we count ones I can't fly, Curse. If we're not, Purifier. Bombers are SO much fun! Cloaking devices are fun. So are bombs, and torpedoes. Sneaking around and causing explosions has been one of my favorite things to do in EVE since way back in the UFO days.

Hi there Becani - welcome to the forums!

I can relate to the "always come back to EVE" thing.  Actually, it has been that way for our crew also.  This is the second time we've played together as a guild, and for most of us the third or fourth time playing EVE.  I would also say this is by far the most in depth we've ever gotten with the game.  For us, after wandering between titles we really decided we wanted to a commit to a sandbox game.  There just aren't many of them out there, and none of them does it like EVE.  But I think it was the decision to try out null sec that really sealed the deal for us.  That was about a year ago now, and no thoughts of turning back.

Hopefully you'll experience something similar and EVE will just "click" this time around. :)

What's your favorite food?  What's your favorite drink?

Yeah I hope so! EVE is a game I really love, and having it click and being able to play it consistently would be incredible. I'm really looking forward to being able to get to know y'all better. :)

Favorite food is sushi! Favorite drink would have to be spiced rum mixed with espresso.

Hello and Welcome!

As someone who uses the services of locksmiths and has learned some basics, I can only say I appreciate and fear your soon to be powers of locksmithery! 

Look forward to getting to know you in game.

Hmmmm......and so....

Favorite planet?  also cause why and stuff?

also.....rings?