[EVE] Jason Alabel o/

Jason Alabel

Hello friends! My name is Jason Alabel and I'm a very conflicted EVE player! After leaving the game for a bit due to forgetting about it, I returned and bounced around many corps for a period of time. This was probably because none of the ones I joined were really supportive. I felt isolated in all of them and many of them seemed passively or openly unfriendly or hostile, and left after a week or so... and then I decided to make my own WH corp since I discovered I had a large caldari control and some modules on me...but in all honesty, I don't think I'm fit to run/operate a corp in WH space with all the changes to it, and I only have one friend in real life that I trust that plays as well (many others gave it a shot but didn't like the lack of immediate pew pew). Then I stumbled across your corp's recruitment page and felt a bit elated; perhaps this is the relaxed and friendly corp that values laughs over ISK? Right now, I'm torn between WH space and your corp, but honestly I feel more drawn to you guys. If I was to join, how could I use the POS? Could I keep my corp and join your alliance, or just move my friend and myself over to you?

On a side note, I'm training PI right now, but can fly a legion with 17 days more training (curse you Cruiser V). I'd like to do some industry but I would also be fine with PVP and PVE, anything to help. Also, as shown before, PI is another interest. I've just turned 18 recently and am a senior in high school. I'm also in the International  Baccalaureate, the most rigorous high school program out there (Fun, isn't it?)

I also love dogs, play soccer religiously, and enjoy other games such as Paradox's HOI3 and basically any other meta game! I'll be submitting an app/ getting into the channel soon, just wanted to pop over and find some support! 

Hello potential space friend!

You're on the right track with posting here first, this is one of the first steps to getting invited. Our recruiter (Valence Benedetto/Solomon in-game, Ashin here on the forums) will be in touch with you soon to work out the specifics, but if you want to work ahead he's going to ask for is a full API sent to him either in a PM on these forums or in an EVEmail.

It's unlikely your corp will be invited to the alliance due to size and they're notoriously picky. The upside is that our alliance is one of the best-led groups in the game. We welcome your friend to apply to SOHCO, but we always like to give the caveat up-front - just because the two of you are applying together does not mean you will both make it through our application process (Valence/Solomon/Ashin will explain more).

Anyways, on to the random questions we ask all recruits!

How do you (plan to) make your IRL ISK? Looking at any specific colleges/majors?

I'm a budding soccer enthusiast myself, though I haven't managed to find a team to follow/root for aside from the US national teams. Any that you recommend?

I've been playing HoI4 a lot the last few weeks - any reason why you didn't upgrade?

What's your favorite food that you dip into another food?

Hi Jason,

Thanks for stopping by, and taking a moment to introduce yourself.  I think it's cool that you took the initiative to try running your own corp - there's no shame at all in trying something out and realizing it's not for you. :thumbup:

Life in null-sec is definitely different from life in a quiet WH.  Our corp has done both, so I speak with experience there.  In our alliance, things will be a lot more structured than what you may be used to.  We'll have certain doctrines (fleet comps) that we will ask you to train into.  There will be a bunch of comms software to register for.  Small fleets have a casual and social feel, but large fleets are generally very disciplined.  There will also be a lot more traffic than what you're used to, so when you're ratting or mining or whatever you do to make money, you must be a lot more vigilant and aware of what's going on in your system and the systems near you.

That said, we much preferred null.  This is where the space politics and space drama that become EVE's stories generally take place.  So, if you want to experience the living/breathing aspect of this game, you need to live in null (or lowsec) imo.

To you question about the POS, generally speaking our corp can request a moon from the alliance, if a member wants to erect a POS.  But we would need to have a conversation about what you intend to do with the POS, etc.  I would say yes it is possible but that is probably not something I would approve until after you've been in the corp for a while and passed your probation period.

Lastly, I just want to make sure you're aware that we're mostly an adult group.  Some of us are just about old enough to be your dad. :p  You meet our minimum age requirement, and I've known plenty of teenagers that were more emotionally mature than some of the "grown ups" in our guild while I've been leading it.  But I think it's something we should be upfront about.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed, and also tell us a little more about this International  Baccalaureate program you're in?  It sounds interesting!

Haha Hey guys thanks for the quick replies! 

10 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Hi Jason.  Thanks for stopping by. I'm too new in the Corp to answer any of your questions but did want to say hello. 

I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable folks will stop by soon  to square you away. Best of luck to you. Fly safely. 

That's ok, we can be friends! :)

6 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Hello potential space friend!

You're on the right track with posting here first, this is one of the first steps to getting invited. Our recruiter (Valence Benedetto/Solomon in-game, Ashin here on the forums) will be in touch with you soon to work out the specifics, but if you want to work ahead he's going to ask for is a full API sent to him either in a PM on these forums or in an EVEmail.

It's unlikely your corp will be invited to the alliance due to size and they're notoriously picky. The upside is that our alliance is one of the best-led groups in the game. We welcome your friend to apply to SOHCO, but we always like to give the caveat up-front - just because the two of you are applying together does not mean you will both make it through our application process (Valence/Solomon/Ashin will explain more).

Anyways, on to the random questions we ask all recruits!

How do you (plan to) make your IRL ISK? Looking at any specific colleges/majors?

I'm a budding soccer enthusiast myself, though I haven't managed to find a team to follow/root for aside from the US national teams. Any that you recommend?

I've been playing HoI4 a lot the last few weeks - any reason why you didn't upgrade?

What's your favorite food that you dip into another food?

Hey man! Let's just skip the potential and just be friends, whaddya say? In answer to some of your questions:

- I plan to become a physician, but I'm not choosing a type now because I'm sure that'll change during rotations!

- Soccer is a great sport and the sportsmanship from all teams is amazing. MLS is okay, but the European nations have it down to a dot. As a diehard Manchester United fan, I'd be crazy not to point you to them, as they were the fifth best club team last season. They've got a strong line-up this year with Rooney, Pogba, AND they hired Zlatan Ibrahimovic who is just a star. Other teams you might be interested in could be FC (football club) Bayern- Munich, who has a very strong goalie, Manuel Neuer, Thomas Muller, and Vidal (who won last season's COPA America cup for Chile against Argentina and caused Messi to retire from international). Some other teams are PSG, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Leicester City FC (who was the top club last season, just to name a few). Hopefully we can talk about it more later!

- I also own HOI4 myself, and would play it as its multiplayer is significantly more stable than last game's, but it just isn't the same. HOI3 threw me off the deep end and took me several games on EZ mode to get it figured out. That's what I loved. It was so complex and deep, with a smart AI that would support its allies and make bold and daring decisions. The music was amazing, and I loved the immersion of having some many commanders at my disposal, allowing me to construct Theater groups with armies, corps, and divisions with their individual leaders with bonuses. In one recent game as the USA, I became a dictatorship with a military officer as my Head of State and who was a NoMinister Type, which basically means the computer made him the leader 'cause I messed up the political side of the USA so badly. I then proceded to invade Canada and Mexico to secure my borders, then the top half of South America as well as all surrounding Islands to keep England off me as I created a new theater and invaded England. The Soviet Union proceded to invade all of Europe and made puppet states out of Germany, France, Italy, and Denmark. Now we are at a standstill!

But the point is, I loved it. The pictures that were included with all the units gave me a visual of how my ships/troops/aircraft were upgraded, and each officer had a picture that let me see what he looked like. Not to mention, all the territories had pictures of it taken from the 1930's-40's, and just kept me totally immersed... so yeah!

- I like dipping carrots into ranch, french fries into ketchup, and tortilla chips into salsa!!!!!!!

I hope we get to talk somewhat soon!

5 hours ago, Ashin said:

Hi Jason,

Thanks for stopping by, and taking a moment to introduce yourself.  I think it's cool that you took the initiative to try running your own corp - there's no shame at all in trying something out and realizing it's not for you. :thumbup:

Life in null-sec is definitely different from life in a quiet WH.  Our corp has done both, so I speak with experience there.  In our alliance, things will be a lot more structured than what you may be used to.  We'll have certain doctrines (fleet comps) that we will ask you to train into.  There will be a bunch of comms software to register for.  Small fleets have a casual and social feel, but large fleets are generally very disciplined.  There will also be a lot more traffic than what you're used to, so when you're ratting or mining or whatever you do to make money, you must be a lot more vigilant and aware of what's going on in your system and the systems near you.

That said, we much preferred null.  This is where the space politics and space drama that become EVE's stories generally take place.  So, if you want to experience the living/breathing aspect of this game, you need to live in null (or lowsec) imo.

To you question about the POS, generally speaking our corp can request a moon from the alliance, if a member wants to erect a POS.  But we would need to have a conversation about what you intend to do with the POS, etc.  I would say yes it is possible but that is probably not something I would approve until after you've been in the corp for a while and passed your probation period.

Lastly, I just want to make sure you're aware that we're mostly an adult group.  Some of us are just about old enough to be your dad. :p  You meet our minimum age requirement, and I've known plenty of teenagers that were more emotionally mature than some of the "grown ups" in our guild while I've been leading it.  But I think it's something we should be upfront about.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed, and also tell us a little more about this International  Baccalaureate program you're in?  It sounds interesting!

One of my old corps lived in Providence (The Mine N' Refine), so I'm not new to it, but would be interested to get back into it. I suppose I'll just leave my POS in high sec for now until we can come to a possible arrangement! As for age, I've been told I'm very mature, and I find myself talking a lot with adults on a daily basis as IB usually has me doing something. Also, I'm in Varsity Marching Band, and am the section leader of the TROMBONES!!!!

I've played video games with people who are older than me, so I'll stick to the coke-a-cola while you guys enjoy your adulty beverages!

The IB program is basically a college/world prep program. It is very intense, and is at its worst during the first semester of senior year (haven't gotten more than 4 hours sleep on school nights), but virtually melts away after christmas. Our cirriculum also teaches us the strengths of team work, mass producing 5 page to 10 page essays, and doing around 160 hours of CAS, which is abbreviated for: Creative, Action, and Service Hours, in which we all have to start a major project and do lots of clubs to sustain the rate of hours needed. I'll talk about it more if you're interested, but my fingers hurt a bit!:( 

Here's a video which pretty much sums it up, and my personal favorite (there are two swear words though, sorry in advance!): 

There's actually a ton of IB videos about kids crying in youtube, we're basically a very stressed community! :D