[EVE] Chris en Distelle

Chris en Distelle

Hello SOHCO! I am in the process of joining your corp, so I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to your community.

EVE

I resubbed my account as news came out about the war against the Goons and the citadel update, both potentially game-changing events that I was excited to be apart of. I ended up joining a wormhole newbro training corp, Wormbro, that was reforming at the time and fell in love with pvp. Although most of my initial pvp training at come from WH space, I was still interested in sov, politics, and such, so I ended up moving to null. I've flown in about every size fleet, from 2-200, and been in a variety of roles. I have some experience as an FC for small to medium sized gangs, and really enjoy flying an interceptor for scouting/light tackle at the moment. I'm always up for pvp, regardless of the size.

RL

Outside of eve I study Computer Security, a field that I am incredibly passionate about. I enjoy running 5Ks, spartan races, snowboarding, and mountain biking. I currently in live in Northern California, 90 minutes from the beach and 90 minutes from the mountains.

Other Games

I enjoy FPS games, and tend to be playing Overwatch when I'm not playing Eve. I'm usually open to play PS2 as well, if any of you others enjoy grouping up for stuff. I was a sub for a small BF4 ESL team once too, so that's pretty cool I guess.

I'm always open to questions about eve, or myself, so please do not hesitate to ask. Especially if it's on some computer security topic. I always love talking sec :) 

Welcome to the forums.  I'm loving all the west coasters that seem to be resubbing and coming in.  More spacefriends in my timezone.

How do you like to make isk when you're playing eve?

Any fps' other than OW right now?

Favorite place you've ever been boarding? (Side note: can you Ski and board or just board?)

Hi Chris - nice to see you here.  (This is Valence / Solomon - you're going to learn many different names for me, although hopefully none that you'll need to mutter under your breath.)

I'm going to take care of your forum access now, with the expectation that we're going to see your app sometime today.  Here is our new recruit orientation, which I'll also send in-game:

http://www.sohguild.com/index.php?/topic/17804-new-recruits-orientation/

Please take the time to carefully review all points, and get all services registered after you're in the corp.

My random question is - what's one thing that you like to cook or cook especially well?

23 hours ago, Mathias Pitsman said:

How do you like to make isk when you're playing eve?

Any fps' other than OW right now?

Favorite place you've ever been boarding? (Side note: can you Ski and board or just board?)

Whatever makes the most sense depending on my current situation. I've done ratting, mining, a bunch of incursions, and that sort of thing. I'm not against buying a plex or two to have some fun.

Mostly just OW, but I'm always willing to hop on other games. Hoping to climb into diamond this season

I haven't been to many places, but Heavenly in Tahoe is, well, heavenly. Beautiful snow, amazing runs. Not really much of a park, but that's fine because I'm pretty bad at that kind of stuff right now haha

12 hours ago, Ashin said:

My random question is - what's one thing that you like to cook or cook especially well?

New York strip with a garlic-rosemary rub cooked in a full-bodied red wine. I've discovered that cooking in wine is quite amazing :)

9 hours ago, Chris en Distelle said:

New York strip with a garlic-rosemary rub cooked in a full-bodied red wine. I've discovered that cooking in wine is quite amazing :)

Do you sear it in a pan or something before adding wine?  (I'm assuming you are not boiling the steak.)

Also, I was happy to see your application this morning but could not accept it.  Need you to drop your current corp / roles first.