FFXIV - MrMoose

MrMoose

Hey all! I posted over on Reddit that I was looking for an FC, and was directed here. I saw that you all have active forums, which says a lot to me about a group of players! Given that, I'd like to toss my name in here for consideration. I don't have a character on the server yet, and will explain more about that in a moment! Anyways...

Hello! I'm a 35 year old gamer who has been playing since I was 5 and my parents bought me an NES. I grew up on Super Mario Brothers and Legend of Zelda, continuing to game all through my childhood. In 1999, though, I found the genre I would come to love over the rest of my life -- MMORPGs, with Everquest. I started playing that from release, continuing to play off and on for awhile even though I dabbled in other games (spending a significant chunk of time in Dark Age of Camelot), before settling on WoW as a Primary game for a long while. While I've quit and returned to it multiple times over the past decade or so,it always backburners for a bit for me. Which brings us to now -- the new expansion has been fun, but I want to pick up FF14 again. I've tried in the past with a great group of friends, but most are now scattered amongst other servers, with a couple here or there. Given that, I'd like to use this as a chance now to make new friends while getting into FF14! Note that I'm pretty much a total noob here, so warning -- I'll have dumb questions. I played some FF11, but not a ton, and also played some FF14 previously (getting as far as level 30 with a ninja).

Anyways, a bit about non-gaming me -- I work full time living in the software industry, providing support for some software that I'd bet a number of you here have interacted with. I went to undergrad school for Journalism, even writing professionally for multiple online video game magazines, and a couple of print strategy guides too! I went off to grad school but didn't finish that. I live with 3 cats (2 are mine, and 1 is my girlfriends), but really wish I could have a Shiba Inu.

So that's the basics -- I may not be in game for a couple of days as I try to create on the server, but would love to chat more here!

Hello!  Are you free for a Mumble date some time this week?  I'm super swamped on Monday, but I can do any other evening during the week.

Shibas are adorable!  I wanted one before I got my current dog (whom you'll meet if you spend enough time with me in Mumble!).  One of the light tan ones.  I was gonna to name him Tofu...

Please share pictures of your cats.  :3

I'm pretty open this week to chat! Any times that do/don't work for you? As a note, I was able to create characters today (I created 3 since I'm not quite sure what I want to play. And I know you can play everything on one character, but I did this just incase I want to switch faster, etc.

As for cats:

Here's my first cat, Rudy:
15181305_10100450715970079_8329435677050 

And my second, Molly.

12801282_10100321052811089_4174307634547

And then my girlfriend's cat, Slinky:

11055363_10100287281753559_4033539128449

Anyways, time to get to work! Talk to y'all soon :)

Aww! Molly looks like my mother's cat.  Brace yourself for some cat lady action in here (guilty).

Welcome! You played EQ? What server? I've been raiding since that dumb game.

I have a paladin that I'm working on that's still low level, so I'll be sure to play with you soon! 

Edited by Minori

Cat lady action is perfectly fine. My girlfriend is a self described crazy cat lady, and my car has three cat related magnets on it thanks to her. My facebook is just a place to post cat pictures too. <3 my cats -- they're pretty amazing and I've never gotten the whole "Cats aren't as friendly as dogs" thing some people like to toss out there.

As for EQ -- I played on Fennin Ro from the time the game released. I know it merged with a server but I don't know which one. Played a Magician and raided up until the Planes of Power expansion, when I mostly quit. Never was a hardcore raider there, just did stuff with friends. Biggest moment I can remember was when my guild helped me get the Magician Epic Weapon one weekend -- they were raiding plane of air, and another guild offered to let me loot the Elemental Earth staff in exchange for a crown from Plane of Air, haha. Another friend had the Pegasus Feather cloak she allowed me to use as part of a multiquest turnin and...yeah. That Epic was a fun questline, and I miss that in MMOs!

But yeah, I have three characters, though I'm likely going to start with the Arcanist (Falaanla Amanistria -- it's a name I've used since Everquest, always use pretty much the same name for certain classes. Pet casters are Falaanla, short races are Seyna, Melee classes are Tyllia. Don't know why, but I like the consistency).

And Ashin: Molly is a snowshoe siamese, I adopted her from a local rescue group here in Wisconsin. Same with Rudy, he came from the same group. As for the TV -- I was watching a segment on The Daily Show :) He likes to sit up there by the TV and judge my girlfriend and I quite frequently.

13 minutes ago, Minori said:

Wow, you actually finished the mage epic? I'm impressed! I played a bard, so my epic was stupid easy. :p  On E'ci though.

Yup, 7th on my server. We had one mage in my guild who had quit trying after going for that staff from PoH for a year (he wasn't available when I went on that run the weekend I got it). But wow, that Epic pet was pretty awesome :D

And Kytn: they are pretty amazing! <3 them much. I'm super lucky, really!