[EVE] Nightjar's Intro

Nightjar Saraki

6 minutes ago, Simone said:

Hi Nightjar, it sounds like you would fit right in with us! Look forward to flying with you.

I can definitely see how ratting in provi could be painful. In fact, we've been doing our best to make it painful once or twice a week haha.

You're down with a good drunk roam, that's excellent news! I have to ask what your drink of choice would be. Contrary to our corp's ticker, we're not down with the southern comfort, so choose your answer carefully...😁

I mostly stick to beer. Yeungling is my go to get drunk cheap beer, I dabble in higher end beers when I have the extra cash. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!  My question, you have the choice to:

a) Visit Venice and sip an expensive bottle of wine while on a gondola watching the sunset.

b) Visit Germany watching the sun rise while cracking open a fresh baked sourdough bread after a night of sampling many of the best german beers.

c) Participate in spring training with your favorite MLB of your choice.

What would you choose?

I agree with Simone - it sounds like you will be a good fit for us.  As Tbert probably explained, there are essentially three steps to our application process (which can happen in any order).  You've completed one of them by posting here and being responsive to our questions!  The other step that we could get rolling is the API check.  The final step is a voice interview on Mumble.

You can use this link to generate the kind of API we need:

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Please check the "No Expiry" option, and send the codes via a PM to me.

This is also a good time to review your list of API's and delete any that you no longer require.  Lastly, please disclose any other accounts you may have in advance - it will save questions later.  Thank you!

1 hour ago, Scynner said:

Welcome!  My question, you have the choice to:

a) Visit Venice and sip an expensive bottle of wine while on a gondola watching the sunset.

b) Visit Germany watching the sun rise while cracking open a fresh baked sourdough bread after a night of sampling many of the best german beers.

c) Participate in spring training with your favorite MLB of your choice.

What would you choose?

C) If I make it training with my favorite NHL team instead of MLB. Don't want to knock the European options but that's just not really my style I guess.

1 hour ago, Ashin said:

I agree with Simone - it sounds like you will be a good fit for us.  As Tbert probably explained, there are essentially three steps to our application process (which can happen in any order).  You've completed one of them by posting here and being responsive to our questions!  The other step that we could get rolling is the API check.  The final step is a voice interview on Mumble.

You can use this link to generate the kind of API we need:

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Please check the "No Expiry" option, and send the codes via a PM to me.

This is also a good time to review your list of API's and delete any that you no longer require.  Lastly, please disclose any other accounts you may have in advance - it will save questions later.  Thank you!

Sent!

6 minutes ago, Nightjar Saraki said:

C) If I make it training with my favorite NHL team instead of MLB. Don't want to knock the European options but that's just not really my style I guess.

Sent!

Can you skate?  Pardon my ignorance but do many South Floridian's know how to skate?     If so, you just earned a Canadians respect. 

Hey there! Fellow newbro here. I can reassure you that SOHCO is never a toxic environment to be in, and you can get all the support you want or need should you ask for it. I also have a couple of questions:

• Besides logi, what other type of ships do you enjoy flying?
  • Do you prefer regular drones or the glorious Caldari technology that is self-piloting kamikaze drones (sometimes known as missiles)? :D
  • Any hobbies outside of EVE? If you have time for them, of course.

I'm looking forward to flying with (and receiving reps from) you!

Edited by Dmitri Blok

41 minutes ago, Dmitri Blok said:

Hey there! Fellow newbro here. I can reassure you that SOHCO is never a toxic environment to be in, and you can get all the support you want or need should you ask for it. I also have a couple of questions:

• Besides logi, what other type of ships do you enjoy flying?
  • Do you prefer regular drones or the glorious Caldari technology that is self-piloting kamikaze drones (sometimes known as missiles)? :D
  • Any hobbies outside of EVE? If you have time for them, of course.

I'm looking forward to flying with (and receiving reps from) you!

I was training into a svipul for a while but they got nerfed pretty hard before I finished so I never got to experience that. I guess it's kind of situational. Last night I went on a public roam and took a thrasher out and that was pretty fun. I fit it up with artys and the huge hits were pretty fun to deal out.

It seems like you're learning towards caldari here so I'll go with missiles I guess haha. Although I do get to use drones to get on kills when I fly logi :thinking:.

I like to watch all kinds of TV and films but I'm kind of running out of new stuff to watch so if anyone has any suggestions throw them my way. I've also tried brewing beer a couple times in recent months but that hasn't gone great but I'm working on it!

48 minutes ago, Nightjar Saraki said:

I was training into a svipul for a while but they got nerfed pretty hard before I finished so I never got to experience that. I guess it's kind of situational. Last night I went on a public roam and took a thrasher out and that was pretty fun. I fit it up with artys and the huge hits were pretty fun to deal out.

It seems like you're learning towards caldari here so I'll go with missiles I guess haha. Although I do get to use drones to get on kills when I fly logi :thinking:.

I like to watch all kinds of TV and films but I'm kind of running out of new stuff to watch so if anyone has any suggestions throw them my way. I've also tried brewing beer a couple times in recent months but that hasn't gone great but I'm working on it!

The Svipul may have been nerfed, but it's still really powerful. Probably still the most powerful T3D at the moment, although the margin is smaller than before and it's more debatable now. For what it's worth, Goonswarm uses Svipuls as one of their staple doctrines. Also, it might still be worth training for Minmatar Destroyer V (if you don't already have it) since the Sabre and Bifrost are both well regarded ships as well.

As for TV shows and such, there are some obvious recommendations I have to make:

• Westworld, if you haven't seen it yet
  • The Expanse
  • Don't know if you like anime but One Punch Man
  • Also anime related but coming soon in live action (with Scarlett Johansson!): Ghost in the Shell