[EVE] Nightjar's Intro

Nightjar Saraki

44 minutes ago, Dmitri Blok said:

The Svipul may have been nerfed, but it's still really powerful. Probably still the most powerful T3D at the moment, although the margin is smaller than before and it's more debatable now. For what it's worth, Goonswarm uses Svipuls as one of their staple doctrines. Also, it might still be worth training for Minmatar Destroyer V (if you don't already have it) since the Sabre and Bifrost are both well regarded ships as well.

As for TV shows and such, there are some obvious recommendations I have to make:

• Westworld, if you haven't seen it yet
  • The Expanse
  • Don't know if you like anime but One Punch Man
  • Also anime related but coming soon in live action (with Scarlett Johansson!): Ghost in the Shell

Westworld was awesome! One of the best series out in the last year or so. I just started watching the expanse in the last week or two and I'm caught up now on the current episode, also a very good show. I've tried to watch some animes a few times but I couldn't ever really get into them, but maybe Ghost in the Shell would be an opportunity to ease into the genre. I'll check it out when it's around!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nightjar - I just completed your background check.  Everything looks fine, although I wanted to ask some questions about your past corps.

Can you tell me about your time in Northbound Enterprises [N-BND]?  You were not there long, and this corp was associated with TARD right a time when relations between that alliance and are coalition were extremely strained.

You had mentioned that you were hoping to finally find a more stable situation.  Your last corp actually seemed fairly stable.  Could you talk a bit about why you stopped playing late last year?  Did you let them know?

If your main reason for leaving was frustration with NRDS lifestyle, that's certainly something we can appreciate.  It didn't work out for us, either. ;)

12 hours ago, Ashin said:

Hi Nightjar - I just completed your background check.  Everything looks fine, although I wanted to ask some questions about your past corps.

Can you tell me about your time in Northbound Enterprises [N-BND]?  You were not there long, and this corp was associated with TARD right a time when relations between that alliance and are coalition were extremely strained.

You had mentioned that you were hoping to finally find a more stable situation.  Your last corp actually seemed fairly stable.  Could you talk a bit about why you stopped playing late last year?  Did you let them know?

If your main reason for leaving was frustration with NRDS lifestyle, that's certainly something we can appreciate.  It didn't work out for us, either. ;)

Northbound was a corp I joined who told me they were casually into pvp, didn't have a ton of requirements, and had a pretty laid back community in terms of pve. I moved my stuff in, got settled, and they announced a week later they were leaving their coalition and I would have to move all my stuff again. Like I said I have pretty bad luck with that happening lol. I decided not to stay, and that's when I really decided that when looking for corps I would have to try to focus on finding a stable place. I thought provi would be a good place because they've owned that region for like forever and haven't had much trouble defending it. Unfortunately their lifestyle wasn't really much fun outside of ops they pinged for. It was hard to casually pvp around their local area because their KOS rules made it really vague who you could and couldn't shoot. PvE was also hard because you weren't allowed to shoot at neutrals in your space so you could always have random fresh neutrals in your system watching you and you couldn't do anything about it. I got frustrated and bored with logging in outside of their big fleets and mostly stopped playing because of it. I didn't really give them a heads up I wasn't going to be logging in much, it was just sort of a progressive thing that happened.

You're definitely not alone in having a tough time finding a corp (or a guild in any MMO really). I'm convinced that it mostly comes down to luck and willingness to make some modest compromises in what you want out of the game. On stability: We're about as stable as you can get in Eve in terms of players and organization. But that can only get you so far. It's still entirely possible, if unlikely, for NC/PL to decide tomorrow that they want to expand their renter empire into Branch. If that ever happens, well, there goes our secure little corner of the North!

Alright Nightjar - you've got the green light from me, pending the Mumble chat.  If I'm not around, @Tyrlis or @Brinelan can handle that as well.

Just one more question until then: what are your typical play times?  (I know USTZ, but I mean more like which days / how often / etc)

Looking forward to flying with you soon!

31 minutes ago, Ashin said:

Alright Nightjar - you've got the green light from me, pending the Mumble chat.  If I'm not around, @Tyrlis or @Brinelan can handle that as well.

Just one more question until then: what are your typical play times?  (I know USTZ, but I mean more like which days / how often / etc)

Looking forward to flying with you soon!

I'm around on the weekends and most week nights, us tz primarily but eu tz on occasion. 

Edit: I should be around most of tonight I'll try to leave my character logged in, if anyone is around that can do the interview shoot me a convo.