The Introduction of The Fist Tickler

Fist Tickler

Greetings legends!

I am the Fist Tickler! Whatever that means to you, it is perfectly fine with me... (I am a man of many innuendos, but you can call me Jon if you wish.)

I am an ancient 28 years old living amongst the retired fossils that reside in South Florida. I may or may not contribute to society in some shape or form, depending on your perspective, but I do work full time. I've only recently begun playing EVE, after being convinced by a friend but am growing restless meandering around highsec. Formally a member of Black Thorne Corporation in Solitude highsec, I left after they could not defend their space even though they were a great bunch of individuals. 

I highly enjoy video games, particularly those with RPG and/or space elements such as Mass Effect and KOTOR. (I shall be fully distracted by the Andromeda release in a week). I'm also a big music buff, or snob, again depending on your perspective. 

My main reasons for joining are actually exploring null and learning more of what the game holds. I particularly enjoy tight-knit groups, and since I know a few of the members, I figured it was a no-brainer to join. I am ready and willing to learn any or all roles that would benefit SOHCO.

If you have any further questions, I am an open book (sprinkled with innuendo of course).

Much love!

-FT

16 hours ago, Fist Tickler said:

I particularly enjoy tight-knit groups, and since I know a few of the members, I figured it was a no-brainer to join.

Welcome!

I assume from your past association with Black Thorne that @Tarin Audeles is one of them?  Who are the others?

Why do you think you'll enjoy null-sec?  It can be a lot to handle, especially for a new / low SP player.

I'm going to bet you saw that I gave Tarin credit for not mentioning that he was my coworker, and cleverly tried to claim the same bonus points. I like it.

Tell the story of the bomber you chased off in your Vexor!

Our activity expectations from the alliance are one fleet per person per month, but during your recruit period (and even afterwards) we strongly encourage at least one fleet per week. That gives us enough face time with you to make sure you fit with our group and are going to contribute to our collective defense/PvP fun. Saying this as somebody who is planning to take a whole week off to play ME:Andromeda, do you think you'll be able to maintain that sort of activity?

20 hours ago, Simone said:

Hi man! I'm going to start by asking the obvious question - what is a fist tickler and why did you choose to name yourself that? Related, is that your Eve character's name as well?

THE Fist Tickler is whatever you want it to be. A nice pleasant innocent tickle on your fist, or something far far more invasive, if you will. I leave it entirely up to the interpreter :) 

If I am to be completely honest (which is a rare feat), I was one day contemplating a clever name for a fantasy football team in an office league. Of course, I wanted something ambiguous that at first look seems inappropriate and off-putting, and the Fist Tickler was born. Because of the attention it got, I just made it my own in multiple forums. The name has yet to be previously taken, so I claim originality.