[EVE] Thor the mighty! (It sounded cool)

Thor

7 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Here's a run down of alliance philosophy:  http://bladesofgrass.space/philosophy.html

Corp is ran much the same - mature adults with common goals and teamwork.  We have fun but not generally at the expense of others.  We don't rage on comms or talk smack in local.  That said, it's a great group of folks.

Thank you for the literature, Oshri. I like it a lot! Seems to be right in line with my philosophy as well. 

As for following your mentor, I think Ashin raises a good point. My first several years in Eve were following a group of friends and often where we went was not my cup of tea but I sacrificed what I like to hang with my eve buddies. It wasn't until we went our separate ways that I really began to appreciate the game (and met other awesome folks).  I'm biased and think SOHCO is great but come because you want to not because a mentor headed our way.

Appreciate the point. I've been considering a few corps lately, but yours seems to be a nice fit (I did actually follow the Reddit link you posted on Plyn's original post, but forgot until I re-read it). You guys stood out to me. Not sure I can speak for how I'll like Null, but I'm totally down to give it a shot. 

Anyway, you seem like good people so I look forward to flying with you my wall of text aside :p

Same to you Oshri, and don't worry about the walls of text lol. I too am a glob texter. :D o7 Do you guys have a Discord server or in in-game pub chat I can hop on? 

6 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

An AT-4 anti-tank rocket (well, a recoil-less rifle, really). That was on a firing range in Afghanistan, good times.

Also, for your reading pleasure: https://www.reddit.com/r/evejobs/comments/5utwd6/sohco_tightknit_null_for_adults/

Thank you for your service and thanks for the link. Turns out I did read that when Plyn made his original post, and it was the entire reason for my interest. (Details.. Not my strongest suit. :D)

23 hours ago, Thor said:

I have some PVP experience and am learning as quickly as I can

Do you by any chance mean solo pvp? I've always wanted to get into it, but never been able to get over the fear/panic of the actual engagements. Maybe you can give me a few pointers on how to get more comfortable with solo. Maybe I just need to get myself blown up more. :p

23 hours ago, Thor said:

Caldari and Mordu's Legion are my main loves as far as ship aesthetics go.

Man, you know what's up. As someone who shares this opinion, I do love the fact that CCP has given a lot of Caldari ships visual redesigns recently, including the new Cormorant/Flycatcher and Chimera.

12 hours ago, Thor said:

To be honest, I haven't been able to find much information on your corp besides what you guys said on Plyn's post. I'd love to know more, if you can point me in the right direction.

Also, I've spent 90% of my time so far living in WH space and LS, so Null will be a new experience for me.

If you've already lived in WH space, you might find null similar; it is probably more secure than WHs, since both local and intel channels are readily available. However, like has been said by those before me, the more important thing is ultimately to determine if SOHCO is the right choice for you. It seems like you have some great friends in Plyn and Livictus, so I hope that you'll find SOHCO a good fit.

19 hours ago, Thor said:

Not sure I can speak for how I'll like Null, but I'm totally down to give it a shot.

From what I have seen (and felt), the two biggest personal factors to enjoying Null are flexibility and patience or having a long-term viewpoint.  In Null you don't always get to control how you spend your time online.  That's the double-edged sword of being in a true sandbox game.  The content is player-created, and sometimes players decide to bring you content at the exact moment you had planned to settle in for a quiet evening of ratting.  (Or vice-a-versa.)

I think the fact that you'll be coming with a group of friends gives you a big head start, especially since one of them has taken you under her wing.

I will be available from about 9:30 EDT (01:30 EVE) tonight for Mumble interviews.  If you're available, let's plan to connect.

I think we also still need your API?  Please use this link to create the appropriate API, and choose the "No Expiry" option.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

You can PM it to me here.  If you've already mailed in-game, please disregard.

Thor - are you still out there?

I am in game Monday evening, and would like to move forward with your application process.  We've suddenly got a lot going on in our area, which is a double-edged sword for newbros.  You'll be guaranteed a memorable experience with epic fights, but your "swimming lesson" will consist of being thrown into the deep end of the pool while we ask ourselves - is he a swimmer or a sinker?