Frank Hill Introduction

Frank Hill

Hello everyone,

My name is Frank Hill, but my real name is Chris. I currently live outside of Des Moines, Iowa in a small town called Norwalk. I have a wife, one fat cat, and a baby on the way in 2-4 weeks. This is our first child so I am nervous and completely oblivious to what will happen. I do picture exploding diapers, and somehow buying a rubber aprone with a plastic face mask to protect myself. I am 29 years old, and currently a fleet manager for a fuel transportation company.

Eve History: I know I do not have much to show for here, but I'm hoping the experience I lack, I can easily make up in my quick learning ability. I started out and had no idea what to do except I wanted to produce as much damage as possible. I joined a corp (Primos) founded by two eve friends, and I enjoyed their personality so I stuck around. After that one went afk while the other went off to form Myrmidons, and since I knew a few of the guys I stayed with them. While in mX we moved to Fountain, but due to military service, I was gone a lot due to training and deployment. The CEO of that group was burning out, and tried to merge two groups, which failed, and ended up merging again into another corp. At this point, I know I have little experience and decided to go into their training corp. Things got out of control and ended up joining the main corp. While there, life happened basically and went afk. I decided to change things up and I really enjoyed reading what this corp stands for. 

Hello Frank! Welcome to our forums!

What sort of military service? Active duty Army here, you'll find a few military scattered about the EVE chapter.

There's nothing I can tell you to prepare you for an infant. Just... try to make the rest of your life as simple/stable as possible so you're ready for the disruption. :)

It sounds like you've struggled to be able to commit, due to RL and in-game things. Let's assume SOHCO as a corp and 2GTHR as an alliance is rock-solid, dependable, and fun - do you think you'll be able to stick around for a while?

What's your favorite role in a fleet? Do you have a story where you came away feeling really good about how you filled that role?

18 hours ago, Frank Hill said:

a baby on the way in 2-4 weeks. This is our first child

Congrats! I wish you the best of luck with the baby.

I do picture exploding diapers, and somehow buying a rubber aprone with a plastic face mask to protect myself.

Yikes, I hope it doesn't have to come to that!

Eve History: I know I do not have much to show for here, but I'm hoping the experience I lack, I can easily make up in my quick learning ability.

I'm pretty much in the same boat here, and I'll have you know, I'm doing okay despite my lack of experience and SOHCO offers a great support network, with great resources both in game and out of game. There will be plenty of people who will readily help you along your way if you feel like you need it.

How long ago was it when you left the game, and how long have you been back? I know that a return from a long break can sometimes be a little jarring, especially since CCP puts out a lot of updates.

Hi Frank! Good luck with your new baby, you're a braver man than I haha. Can you give us some more info on what ships you can fly and what fleet experience you have? I had no sov null experience when I started with SOHCO six months ago, so lack of experience won't necessarily hold you back.  I did ask many dumb questions during that time, so be prepared to ask questions you'll laugh about in retrospect haha!

Edited by Simone

Hey Frank - Valence B here - nice to see your post.

For everyone else's benefit, I'll just mention that Frank and I have already spoken in Mumble and I've already done the API check.  He's training Interceptors right now and planning to circle back today/tomorrow about putting in his app.

We talked about the fact that his incoming kiddo is probably going to rock his world in terms of time management, and agreed that we would play that be ear.  Since we advertise as being friendly to adults with jobs and other real-life obligations, I thought we should at least give it a shot!

20 minutes ago, Ashin said:

We talked about the fact that his incoming kiddo is probably going to rock his world in terms of time management, and agreed that we would play that be ear.  Since we advertise as being friendly to adults with jobs and other real-life obligations, I thought we should at least give it a shot!

Welcome Frank! Ashin makes a good point and many of us have needed time away for other commitments. Best of luck with the new baby.

Welcome space friend and fellow resident of the great state of Iowa (I live in Council Bluffs).  To be fair, I usually  tell people I live in Nebraska out of habit since I lived there most of my life. I moved across the river for cheaper living and lower taxes.

Good luck with the new baby, they are a tons of fun and the first few years are the best so enjoy them.

As for Eve, I think the corp will be a good fit for you.  Definitely family friendly and content is there pretty much no matter what you want to do whether it is PvE or PvP. 

Hello everyone! It's nice to meet everyone and i hope I can answer these questions the best I can. 

Edit: Thanks for the encouragements for the baby. I'm pretty excited for the whole thing.

Tyrlis - I am a Marine veteran and was stationed for two years in Okinawa Japan. Went to Miramar where I deployed in 2012-2013 to Helmand province with MWSS 373

1. While I do not think I struggled with commitment, since I followed around one group of guys for 8 yrs, but it did cause me to corp hop a lot.

2. I do not really have a story. I basically pictured I could be heavy dps, which is they way I trained.

Dmitri - The break was around a year. I just purchased a 6 month subscription in order to find a new group of amazing people, and get back into the game. They updates are pretty hard to keep up with since I feel like I've missed a lot.

Simone - I can basically fly a perfect megathron. I have medium and large blaster spec 5, gallente bs 5, all basic gunnery skills 5, and all armor to lvl 5.

Iron Guerilla - HELL YEAH! FINALLY! The company I work for, which might know our stores, Kum and Go. Thats who I work for, well their fuel company.