[EVE] Ottoelite reporting in

Ottoelite

Howdy folks, Ottoelite here, although most people just call me Otto.

I just came back to EVE after probably around 5 years of not playing. So much has changed that I feel like I'm just starting over again. I wanted to find some people to play the game with as most of my old friends that I played EVE with have either quit completely, or are rarely ever on. I also wanted to get back out into null-sec, as I've started to grow tired of just farming lvl4 missions in empire.

This led me to the recruitment forums where I came across your posting which caught my eye. I like the more mature / family friendly philosophy of the corp, and alliance, and that fact that it's not a super hardcore group who demand crazy time commitments.

I originally started playing EVE in 2005. Started out as a miner, where I made some friends. We eventually moved on to low-sec piracy for a while. After this we joined up with the En Garde alliance who were allied with AAA (Against all Authorities) and had some nullsec fun. Towards the end of our run out there was when I originally stopped playing.

I have two accounts, my main one sharing this name (Ottoelite). He is primarily an industrialist. With lots of mining, PI, some manufacturing and research skills. I've always enjoyed a relaxing evening of mining. And I've dabbled a bit in setting up my PI pipeline as well. Most of my money however has been made from trading on the markets.

The second account (Baranic) was my combat pilot, and was the guy I generally used for PvP. I enjoy the Gallente in your face style blaster boats. Some of my favourite ships (more style-wise than their efficacy in actual pvp) are the Deimos, Astarte, and Hyperion. 

I've chatted with a few of you in-game in the SOHCO Public channel, and hope to hear back!

Hi Otto! It was great chatting with you last week.

You talk an awful lot about your EVE life, but not about you outside of game... are you a CCP employee? An international man of mystery? Did you make your fortune selling widgets and retire to a yacht with a room dedicated to PC gaming?

If you had to choose a favorite spaceship from all the science fiction humanity has ever produced, why would it be the Battlestar Galactica?

Do you have any pets?

On the personal life side of things?

I'm a software developer, co-founder of a small company with a few friends. I was on Dragon's Den last year (on behalf of said company). I do primarily web development, but I've also done Unity game dev, and mobile apps. 

No kids, nor pets at the moment.

When I'm not gaming or working, I like to gym it up, and I'm also an avid cyclist. 

A favourite ship from all of sci-fi? That's a tough call. I love Battlestar, but I feel like there's much cooler ships out there. (Don't hate me plz)

33 minutes ago, Simone said:

o/ Otto! Another trader huh, we're full up on those out here in Branch I'm afraid (just kidding!! :)). I have just one (very important) question: what's your favorite beer?? Look forward to flying with you!

No beer for me, I'm a rye whiskey guy. The place where they make Crown Royal is a few hours north of where I live.

And don't worry about too much trade competition. I don't know if I'll be trying to play a big market trader out in null. I'd much rather do mining and/or production.