(eve) Gartius

Gartius

SO, where to begin, well I'm 44 yrs old,married with a 19 yr old in college. I am a 911 dispatcher in good old PA, and also a Fire Chief at the fire company here in town.

My gaming "career" started with pc fps ( Americas Army) which my wife would say I like more than her lol, that progressed somehow into a headlong infatuation with WOW,. I tried eve on a lark and quit not long after as it was just so damn hard to get started, very overwhelming, then played wow some more and read up on eve a lot more, and started taking an interest again. I am not a very good at waiting when its something I really really want and the training times almost made me wanna slit my wrists lol, then I found out you could buy pilots and that's how I got gartius. joined BLUEP ( well how I got to bluep is an interesting story in itself, that is too long for here!! but id love to tell it to anyone on comms so I don't have to type it.)  and moved to 0.0 to learn, then real life conspired against me and I have been gone form eve for about 4 yrs. Started getting bored and decided to fire up eve again.

as much as I type being a dispatcher, when It comes to this stuff I get brain lock. hope this helps you all get to know me better. :) 

GARTIUS aka Ken

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gartius!  It was great talking to you in Eve.  I understand you are a better talker than typer but I'm going to ask annoying questions anyway (I did warn you ahead of time though)

1.  What makes you think you will stick with Eve this time given you didn't before?  (btw...for me it was finding the right group of people and you have come to the right place for that)

2.  Since you bought your pilot, how much actual flying have you done?  How experienced are you? (for example, I have been able to fly an interdictor for about a year.  I only actually flew one for the first time this week.  I am terrible at it due to lack of experience.  Sadly trained skill does not equal actual skill)

3.  Favorite taco?

You seem really cool from talking to you in game.  You were open, interesting, and seem really willing to learn.  I hope that's the case and you'll fall in love with Eve, learn to be a pro pilot, and one day I can say "huh, I knew him when."  Now you just have to convince my cynical self that Eve you can measure up to non-Eve you (no pressure :p )

14 hours ago, Oshri Paliako said:

Hi Gartius!  It was great talking to you in Eve.  I understand you are a better talker than typer but I'm going to ask annoying questions anyway (I did warn you ahead of time though)

1.  What makes you think you will stick with Eve this time given you didn't before?  (btw...for me it was finding the right group of people and you have come to the right place for that)

2.  Since you bought your pilot, how much actual flying have you done?  How experienced are you? (for example, I have been able to fly an interdictor for about a year.  I only actually flew one for the first time this week.  I am terrible at it due to lack of experience.  Sadly trained skill does not equal actual skill)

3.  Favorite taco?

You seem really cool from talking to you in game.  You were open, interesting, and seem really willing to learn.  I hope that's the case and you'll fall in love with Eve, learn to be a pro pilot, and one day I can say "huh, I knew him when."  Now you just have to convince my cynical self that Eve you can measure up to non-Eve you (no pressure :p )

1. as ive gotten older I don't need the instant gratification so much, and eve with all its complexities appeal to me much more now. I also missed the social aspect of gaming, A big part of gaming for me is meeting and interacting with people in the game.  

2. I learn things rather quickly, or read and research if I cant get a handle on it, actual flying time is probably a year total. and low on the experience totem pole. but I will go at things with an almost single mindedness if it interests me enough, just ask my wife. If I'm reading a book I like she can talk to me and ill never know she was even in the same room lol. I really want to learn logi, ive always been drawn to healer stuff in all the  games I have ever played.

3. corn hard tacos, with all the fixings, and hot mild sauce :)

Tell me I cant measure up and I will, just sayin haha

On 6/23/2017 at 0:31 AM, Gartius said:

My gaming "career" started with pc fps ( Americas Army)

Bwahaha, I was terrible at that game despite actually being in the Army. I couldn't even qualify. How did you end up with such an obscure game as your first?

You know you aren't going to get a pass without telling us the silliest/funniest 911 call you've ever gotten.

Lastly, what's your favorite ship to fly in EVE, and why?

6 hours ago, Tyrlis said:

Bwahaha, I was terrible at that game despite actually being in the Army. I couldn't even qualify. How did you end up with such an obscure game as your first?

You know you aren't going to get a pass without telling us the silliest/funniest 911 call you've ever gotten.

Lastly, what's your favorite ship to fly in EVE, and why?

A friend introduced me to the game, and playing it, I ended up meeting some people that were forming a team to compete in some leagues over at www.teamwarfare.com. We were actually really good lol her is an old link look at the 6v6 cqb and objective ladders, reddawn was our team name lol. good lord that was back in 2003 :( http://archive1.forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=86391

A drunk guy wanting the cops to come and take him to get more beer, cause he is too drunk to drive come to mind...............lol

I have a softspot for the TENGU, skilled and fitted right it can take a beating and still spit out some really good damage although that puts it on the expensive side of life lol, in mindstar we ratted with them almost all the time, in wh space and low sec. ill learn to fly whatever though if it helps the cause at hand.

Hello and welcome!  I'm Valence Benedetto (and Solomon) in-game, and looking forward to chatting with you soon.

Essentially our application process has three steps: posting an intro here, interview in comms and the dreaded API background check.  Hopefully we can connect for the comms interview this weekend.  In the meantime, would you like to send me a PM here with your API?  You can use this link to create the proper kind.  Please check the 'no expiry' option.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/api-key/CreatePredefined?accessMask=4294967295

Let me know if you have any concerns.  I'm sure you are familiar with this from your previous time in BLUEP.  Speaking of which, may I ask why you are applying to us rather than simply re-joining them?

Cheers.