Welcome to the New SoH Forums!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed his account but there were definitely strange values in there. I wonder if I should temporarily lock the forums the next time I am in mid-install of a new module. :(

He registered as I was installing; its the only thing I can think of.

You know ... this is a little quirky.

The index shows me the "Anarchy Online" section and the "AO Discussion" forum, but when I click on it, it gives me a very loud message about how "special access" is needed to read posts in that forum. But, I'm sure there are other forums (officer boards) which I don't have access to, and which don't appear on the index.

I can't wrap my head around this one. It's just too wierd.

There is a distinction made between a Private forum and a Private (Hidden) forum. Private simply means you cannot view or make any posts there. However you'll still see the forum itself. Private (Hidden) means that if you don't have the right access, not only can you not use it, but it is invisible as well.

So why did I leave some unhidden?

With our first forums, it took some people a while to realize that there was any distinction between private and public forums. They never registered properly, never saw the private forums, and just assumed our forums were inactive.

So leaving a few key forums visible, but still private, is my way of making sure people understand that there is more to the boards for members.

Speaking of which, I will take care of your proper access at this time. =)