WoW Jjones 85 Shaman

Jjones

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to listen to Texas is the Reason...

They named their band after lyrics from a Misfits song. Then they made "post-hardcore" music that would go on to influence all modern emo bands. Makes no sense. They tricked me with their name long long ago and I've resented them for it ever since.

And also...Yankees? Rangers? This thread needs a respectable baseball team in it.

2011%20WORLD%20SERIES%20CHAMPIONS.jpg

They named their band after lyrics from a Misfits song. Then they made "post-hardcore" music that would go on to influence all modern emo bands. Makes no sense. They tricked me with their name long long ago and I've resented them for it ever since.

And also...Yankees? Rangers? This thread needs a respectable baseball team in it.

2011%20WORLD%20SERIES%20CHAMPIONS.jpg

That game 7 loss was brutal. I was having to listen to updates of it from the pilot on my DFW-LAX connecting flight to come down here last year. It was suprising that there were so many St Louis fans on that flight. The game didn't have a Bill Buckner moment in it, but it might as well have if you look at how close Texas came to sealing the deal earlier in the series.

Bryant and Merriwhizzle get the nod for it counting for TX (the latter due mostly to the little trailhand pic in the sig). Going to have to deny Inedit. You can have your Texas is the Reason, I'll stick with my Trivium and Machine Head.

That game 7 loss was brutal. I was having to listen to updates of it from the pilot on my DFW-LAX connecting flight to come down here last year. It was suprising that there were so many St Louis fans on that flight. The game didn't have a Bill Buckner moment in it, but it might as well have if you look at how close Texas came to sealing the deal earlier in the series.

Bryant and Merriwhizzle get the nod for it counting for TX (the latter due mostly to the little trailhand pic in the sig). Going to have to deny Inedit. You can have your Texas is the Reason, I'll stick with my Trivium and Machine Head.

The game 6 win was amazing. I'm sure it was completely devastating from the other side of the field, but as a Cardinals fan I was in heaven. David Freese is my new favorite player because of this past post-season and that game specifically. It was a crazy run for St. Louis to come back from 10 games out of the Wild Card before the season ended.

Also, Trivium \m/

Zomg no one ever knows Texas is the Reason! Though, the birth of emo is typically blamed moreso on Rites of Spring than TitR. Silly that you fell for the Misfits reference!

JJ -- you totes escaped a fight! I support Trivium b/c Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaves is all sorts of awesome (except for the YouTube video of the song with the bro spitting after he screams "in waves" which is an image I can't seem to erase from my brain). I'm on the fence with Machine Head -- though they are touring with Suicide Silence and I love me a good Superbeast cover.

In sum, you're safe........for now!