Stavie 85 Orc Warrior

Stavie

Hello all,

It was a pleasure raiding with your guild on Tuesday, probably one of the more enjoyable raids I have been in a long time. The raid was ran efficiently with very little downtime and everything was explained well for the new people.

A little bit about me, I live in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada...no we do not live with Penguins or in Igloos as some of you are led to believe especially with our southern friends. I work in the financial services industry with hobbies including working out, playing hockey (if you are a Canucks fan...luv you already :p) golfing and WoW. If i'm not doing one of these activities then I'm usually with the GF.

Started out playing my warrior (I also have a mage and priest on Dalvengyr) casually but really started to enjoy the raiding and end game aspect of WoW during TBC. My toon is originally from Dalvengyr (pkpkgankyounow) as I was the main tank and a guild officer. We were the top 2 horde guilds in all of TBC and WoLK. When Cata started, unfortunately the realm started to fall off, many of the people transferred and the guild collapsed. We merged with the few surviving guilds but just could not get enough commitment. I transferred to Stormreaver with some of the ex-guildies joining Hypnotic, but it too collapsed shortly after Firelands started. Finally landed with hititlikeyoumeanit and managed to clear 4/8 25 H DS but due to D3 coming out, people being burnt out, attendance issues became a major problem so havent really raided since April. They are also changing their raid to 10 mans for MoP.

I have primarily been Arms spec since Firelands as the existing guild had an abundance of tanks (have no problems tanking if needed).

I am looking to raid in a 25 man raiding guild in MoP, if your raid times remain Tues, Wed, Thur, I should not have any conflicts. I am a dedicated raider, wanting to learn to improve my game play, willing to take constructive criticism and have fun doing it. I know I was rusty on Tuesday but will improve given another chance.

Wow Character Link:

http://us.battle.net...Stavie/advanced

WoL:

http://www.worldoflo...calendar/04-12/

UI Interface (I know its a little dated but layout is the same thing only keybindings are different)

http://i517.photobuc...1610_231541.jpg

I'm probably missing some information you guys may want so please feel free to hit me up to discuss. Ashin has my Real ID.

Thanks for your time.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats up Stavie,

Nice run the other night. You didn't die to any fading lights so kudos there.

Anyway. Few questions.

How do you track tings like Battle Trance procs or the CS debuff procs from the 4 pc bonus?

Do you have a multi-target threat monitoring tool? If so what?

Are you set on playing your warrior in mists? I ask because we're melee heavy right now and don't believe taking on another is a possibility.

Take care.

Hey there Stav. It's nice to see your app - you actually made a very good impression on us as well.

Unfortunately I can't offer any core spots on the team for melee right now - we are full. However if you want to put the mage or even an spriest on the table, we could definitely talk about that. It depends how comfortable you are in your performance as a ranged, whether you'll enjoy them, etc.

Let me know. :)

Thanks for the quick responses. I knew going in Ashin indicated the guild was melee heavy but hoping things may change.

Hip - I use Tellmewhen for tracking buffs, debuffs and procs (sorry wasn't on screenshot). I use Tidyplates and Threatplates to tell me if I have aggro/losing aggro on multiple targets when tanking or dpsing.

Ashin - I have not raided on my priest (holy and shadow) since wolk but have no qualms raiding with it. My mage on the other hand was levelled out of sheer boredom and used it to make money lol so I have not raided with it at all. If at all possible however I would use my warrior as my main going into MoP.

Thanks

To be candid, I don't anticipate a warrior slot opening in early mists or shortly thereafter. The melee slots are highly coveted and I sort of have a "line out the door" situation. So if your warrior is your first love, which I totally understand, I think you will be best served looking elsewhere.

That said I believe I will still need a backup raider for the next several weeks, so you are welcome to raid with us for a while. If we wanted to talk about membership it would need to be with the shadowpriest, and actually that is not my first choice for our remaining ranged slots, but it is definitely doable.

To be candid, I don't anticipate a warrior slot opening in early mists or shortly thereafter. The melee slots are highly coveted and I sort of have a "line out the door" situation. So if your warrior is your first love, which I totally understand, I think you will be best served looking elsewhere.

my bad

• 2 weeks later...

After discussing with Ashin whether I would reconsider switching to my priest and personal consideration whether I wanted to make my priest my main for MoP, I have decided that I would make the change for the slim chance of joining SoH. I know you are going to ask the following questions after looking at armory and lack of experience raiding in Cata:

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalvengyr/Healalot/advanced

1) Will you waffle and want to switch back to your warrior: No, I have helped run a guild back in TBC and WoLK, and know the type of chaos it can create when people keep on switching toons as mains.

2) Your toon is in laughable gear: Yes it is because I have not raided with it at all in this xpac but with MoP coming out in just under 2 months the current gear will be obsolete anyways

3) You have no experience playing a priest: I have not played much with it in this xpac except for levelling it and letting it rot on Dalvengyr, (there are no pug raids on that server and only 2-3 10 man horde guilds raiding...on a good day you maybe get 50-60 lvl 85s on for horde). I did not want to pay the xfer to stormreaver because I was raiding with my warrior but since the current server is dead, I will be moving the priest and mage (Enticing) over before MoP. I did raid with it in Wrath mainly as shadow when the character was created.

4) Do you even know the mechanics of playing an spriest in Cata: There were some changes from Wrath but yes I do and with MoP coming out the mechanics will change again.

5) Can you prove it in game?: Unfortunately no I cant right now unless you want to run dungeons but I hope I've demonstrated enough situational awareness, quickly learning the fights without too much derp and be consistent on the meters on my warrior as proof. I will gear it to a respectable level and hopefully make it somewhat raid worthy in the near future before MoP comes out.

Armory Link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dalvengyr/Healalot/advanced

(I know you are going to say wtf is this, I would say the same if I saw this as an app and probably would have declined it right away).

I will either get bombarded with questions or will get none because you are all in disbelief that I even attempted to repost an app with it but I'm willing to give it a go.

Thanks,