GW2 Application - Ankin/Angitia

Ankin

Where to start... I have actually been watching the SoH guild for some time, especially the Aion chapter until they folded. After discussing the SoH community with a large number of member, especially those who were in the Aion chapter and joined DL (Feramoan and Yaki can attest this), I believe that I would be a good GW2 chapter and hope you see it the same.

My gaming background primarily consists of two games: Asheron's Call and Aion. I played AC back prior to AC2 coming out and then took about a 6 year break for real life. Once life gave me the opportunity to play again I returned and played until Aion's release. I mainly played on the PvE servers but was very active in the guild and eventually became one of the main quest leaders for the guild. When Aion came out I was looking for a change and have played it continuously, less a 4 moth break, since release. This is where I got the true taste of pvp blood and have never looked back (current character). I have mainly been on the under side of unbalanced servers for the majority of the time in Aion, which for the most part I have enjoyed as it meant there was always a fight and you had to learn how to play your class (both solo and in groups of various sizes). The only time this has not been true is then there have been insurmountable number and gear advantage that other than legion activities, all enjoyment was being sucked out of the game. I am currently a deputy in one of the more active organized pvp legion on the server, but my game play has been dropping off as I try to get a few points in my Hall of Monuments before the GW2 release.

My main guild beliefs are tri-fold: the sum of the whole is greater than then individual parts, learn to be self sufficient, and the best gift to give or receive is the gift of knowledge. I am looking for a place that recognizes that there is such a thing as real life and its commitments take priority over any game, that understands that a mature community doesn't mean every second word has to be a curse but doesn't have an issue with the occasion curse, and most importantly likes to play hard as an organized group.

As for GW2 the two aspects of it that are drawing me in are the large scale PvP in WvWvW and exploration. I due suspect that this will be sprinkled with a some of SPvP and a small amount of PvE. After trying all the classes, except engineer as it does not hook me at all, and all the races through BWE2 and 3 my intention is to play an asura or sylvari condition spec Necro as a main, and likely a thief alt for the occasion time I need to get away and solo. Likely character names will be (assuming I can get them): Lutka, Angitia and Ankin.

The one caveat/warning I will include with my application is I am a serving military member and as such I will occasionally be away from a couple of day to a month and there is always the possibility of an extended deployment.

Hello, Ankin -- and welcome :) I've thoroughly enjoyed our message conversations, and now that you're here, you can see that what I've been saying about SoH is true ^^

Thank you for your military service. You needn't worry about your position in guild w/ regard to deployment. Your service is something we all appreciate and respect. A simple post prior to a long absence is all we ask.

I look forward to grouping with you in the future ~.~

Here are some quick links for you.....

read and sign the Code of Conduct here

Mumble download and setup is here

GW2 Chapter new member orientation here

Pre-flight check list here