Lord Thalium - Division 2 Updates :)

Lord Thalium

Hello Everyone in South of Heaven! My name is Thalium, in most games i play, which are.. World of Warcraft, GW2, Diablo3, Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Combat Arms, and countless other games.

Ive played wow since 4 months before BC, ive raided since BC up until a few months after cata's release, then quit. I have since come back, however my main is currently on Gilneas. Hes a monk, by the name of Thallymonk :). Im 29 years old, married, with two kids.. figured i would throw that in incase people wanted to know :)

Currently im not raiding since work takes up quite a bit of time, its forcing me to only be able to raid nights during the weekend, so im in the process of putting a weekend raid together on Gilneas.

That really has nothing todo with why im posting here, I came to these forums today to introduce myself, as im trying to get my characters which i will name later in this post into South of Heaven.

I have several friends here on this server, one of which is in your guild. He goes by the name Nyisha, Nez - Crazy Guy who will say just about anything.. lol

The two characters i would like to join into your guild: Thally - i do have one more, i cant think of his name atm.. but i can do that upon being accepted.

Thally - My toon ill be leveling on stormreaver, and hes a priest.

the other toon is a monk, and my son plays him, ill be leveling with him.

Nyisha is the member of your guild, who knows me and will vouch for me..

I dont think ill be able to raid, since your schedules dont involve the weekend, however if you ever do a weekend or early morning raid, there some possibilities..

Thank you for taking time to read this..

Thalium

Edited by Lord Thalium

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

As a friend of Nyisha's you are welcome to apply as a non-raiding / social member. However, the challenge we've had in the past with social members is that we need them to be outgoing and active in guild chat and on the forums, so that people all know who you are. It's easy for us to get to know new people on the raiding team, but with non-raiders it is more of a challenge and requires a little extra effort.

Also, during your initial trial period we would only invite one toon. This is to make things easier / less confusing for us. If you are accepted (which in your case will be based almost entirely on activity / social interaction) then you can invite as many alts as you want. We do have an age requirement, so thinking down the road, we would need to make special arrangements if you wanted your son's character to eventually be invited.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns about what I've mentioned so far.

Thanks. :)

It's a privilege to claim that!

And woo Thal! /brofist /chestbump

Lol /Brofist

That seems very fair, Ill be leveling with my son, since i cant raid your schedule i see no point in xfering my mains..

I'll be honest, im not much on forum talking. I used to be into it, and would read several boards, and even owned and moderated a populuar guild forum, which also acted as a community public forum for a game called ultimaonline, we included a reallife picture area, where people could upload there photos, and make there own "facebook" like profiles, to communicate, and really show them outside the game.. it was quite fun..

These days tho, with two kids, and work.. Keeping track of forums, just doesnt always fit in.. But i will do my best..

As far as talking in guild chat, when im online leveling, ill talk away.. as long as the conversation warrants it, and you guys arnt raiding.

And i figured my son might be a problem, hes 9, but hes will behave, and if not.. ill spank hit butt on Officer orders.. haha.. wait untill my wife finds out im making that deal..

Well the message board / out of game interraction is typically important for non-raiding members to establish some sort of social bond with the guild. Our rule of thumb is that we don't promote people past the trial period if they still feel like strangers.

Also, just to be clear, our minimum age is 18+ and we strongly favor 21+. I could only consider making an exception for your son if you were established and had seniority in the guild. It's nothing personal but this simply isn't the style of guild that we operate and at his age he would have a hard time earning his promotion through trial period.

Lastly I just want to mention that the ass-heart, while very intriguing, may or may not be the best first impression to make on everyone.

While i cant say im not saddened by the loss of my AssHeart, since you cant verify if you find it an acceptable first impression, ive removed it, and put a picture of myself, and my son, eating pizza :) nom nom nom!

Its fine, i can have him joined another guild nyisha knows, if is a problem. its for guild perks.. many guilds have a friend and family.. some guilds do not.. its the way of the game..

I typically have no problem getting to know people within the guild.. and yea chat was fun yesterday, the many people who couldnt decide if my avatar was a heart, ass, or cookie.