WoW Warrior- Staticpsycho

Alaska

This is an application to the guild South of Heaven on stormreaver, and to your gaming community.

My Character name is currently Staticpsycho however other common character names i've had are Cromagg and Apedog, so feel free to call me any :D

My real name is Zach, im 20 and from Anchorage, Alaska.

I've been playing video games since the good old N64, and have been playing RPGs since Elder Scrolls Morrowind, my first MMO was WoW, however i have dabbed into DAoC a little bit. Ive been playing WoW since feburary of 05 and tho ive taken many breaks, and even did the "oh i think im gonna quit and go outside" outside life graphics are to bad and i always come back.

Must of my WoW experience has been in top end raiding guilds since Molten Core. I was previously Alliance on stonemaul in vanilla in a guild called <GnomereganLiberationArmy> (command and conqueror generals may come to mind ;) ) and cleared MC/BWL first on server and i believe top 10 US. A guild from illidan came over and merged us into them forming

A Team. We stayed as ranked top 20 in the world for AQ/ZG/Naxx 40, and most of BC.

In wrath i was playing my ret paladin alot and had most of the server first titles,(only one i was missing was server first malygos). I had a change of heart around the time ToC came out and went to horde on Dragonmaw where i raided with a guild called <Bad> who also had a very solid rap sheet as far as progression went.

I eventually went back to Stonemaul Alliance and rejoined A team for ICC, and got server first H 25 LK. Going into Cataclysm, and after playing the Beta i felt the game was heading in a bad direction and had lost my interest entirely. I sold my account but thankfully moved my warrior onto a new account in case i had a change of heart. When i did come back i focused mainly on PvP and rated BGs with Real life friends and didnt much care for raiding. I eventually went back to raiding but had to quit the game when firelands was release, i didnt return until around March and started doing DS fairly casual. I did end up going with a guild and doing all the old fights just to do them, and cleared every raid heroic.

Now i find myself guildless do to drama in other guild, and am looking for a guild/community, to stay in for years to come, and hopefully even play with in TESO :D.

A link to my armory is here - http://us.battle.net...icpsycho/simple

My guild was not running parces for WoL's the past few weeks so i have no current parces, however i do have a screen shot from today, the 25th of october showing i woudlve ranked #1 for arms warriors on will of the emperor.

http://imgur.com/hjHa3 (for 10man)

I heard about your guild threw playing with a priest in some pugs i did when i first came to this server towards the end of cataclysm, and figured id see if you guys had any room for a melee dps/new face.

If there is any thing else you'd like to know please feel free to whisper me in game or to get into vent/mumble/skype etc.

Thank you for considering me and hope to hear from you soon :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forums. You have quite the extensive raiding history which is good to see that you know your stuff with raiding and have a lot of raiding exposure. Your gear is also quite nice, considering you already have two piece tier gear this early in the expansion.

Just a couple notes about your gear, I'm fairly certain that arms warriors are supposed to be prioritizing crit over all else just as fury, so your gemming is a bit off at the moment. Also for reforing try using the addon ReforgeLite. It will allow you to just get expertise and hit cap so you won't have any wasted stats going to extra hit/expertise. (also 3 unenchanted pieces :( )

Overall, nice application, and from what I can see nice dps. I look forward talking to you :)

P.S isn't Alaska really cold. I a'int about that life.

Ha, i got a few pieces this week so a couple of things are messed up at the moment, reforges on the fly and stuff, noticed the missing enchants when i linked my armory :O. Already working on all that

And yes, it is pretty cold, only thing worse then having to wake up early for work, is having to wake up early and scrape ice off of everything :(

- Downloaded reforge lite and gave it a shot, It showed i had everything reforged exactly as it would have >.<

Am changing gems from str/hit to crit/hit

Hello and thanks for posting the app. I was nice to talk with you for a bit last night. It looks like you got the enchants taken care of on your new gear, so that's good.

I have some questions in no paticular order:

- You're in a hugely different time zone from us. Have you reviewed our raiding schedule? What's your schedule? What do you do for work?

- You've gotten a lot of raid experience but you've been in a lot of different guilds.. why so much guild hopping? We're looking for longterm players - what are you looking for?

- Which add-on's do you use besides Recount?

- What kind of computer do you have and what sort of framerates do you get in LFR?

Also, as far as reforge lite, it's a great app but the default weights are pretty sketchy. Most of us who use it also use simcraft to calculate our own weights. Are you familiar with that?

Yea Ashin my time zone is 3hrs behind server, but i get off work at 5 server time so it hasnt been an issue in the past (only been on this server a few months) and you 9-12 EST would be the same raid times i had in my old guild which arnt a problem at all.

As far as guilds go i was in the same guild for 3 expansions, and never really hopped until late WotLK and when i eventually went back, they disbanded heading into cata. So i try not to guild hop, and im looking for a long term guild cause personally i think playing alone isnt fun at all.

Add ons i use beside recount are DBM for timers, and thats about it, omen isnt necessary any more, so not a whole lot goin on there.

Ordered a new computer last sunday which should be here on monday, and im guessing ill get around 50-70 FPS in 25man raids, Nvidia GTX 660 ti, i7 processor. Current computer i get around 30 in LFR, so if it dosnt arrive or i dont have time to get WoW setup on it i should be fine either way.

And Abragale i have around 92 MS on stormreaver, it sometimes goes up to around 98, but 90% of the time its at 92.

And i havnt used simcraft since ICC, so i know all about it, and how it works, but havnt used it in quite sometime.

Anything else i can answer for ya? ;)

Hey static, I believe I'm the priest you are referring to (Lucan) :p

I play my DK as a main now, though. Actually I guess when we pugged together that was already the case, since otherwise I wouldn't be pugging on the priest :p

Edited by Luc

oh and re: ReforgeLite -- it has simplified stat sheets that don't use weights at all now -- just priorities. And I've found that works just fine for me. You just load a preset, hit [Calculate], then hit [show]. The window that pops up can even do all the actual reforges suggested for you.