World of Warcraft - Application - Protection Warrior

Crazyindian

Hello everyone,

I am Crazyindian from the realm Kil'Jaeden. I'll give you a brief history of my raiding / player versus player experience. In vanilla, I was a holy paladin raiding in the guild <Obscured Reasoning> on the realm Dalaran. We were competing for server firsts and were very successful until the guild started dying and people were getting burnt out. Most of us transferred to Alleria and joined <Risen> which was a top US guild. That's when college started for me and I couldn't raid that much so I stayed casual. My brother quit playing WoW and he was a warrior who also played with me. I took over his toon and then fell in love with my warrior. In Burning Crusade I was the main tank in a 25 man raiding guild on the realm of Alleria. Every since then I have been casually raiding and achieving cleared content in time. In WOTLK / Cata, I was on the realm Arthas, where I went Horde to join my real life friends who actually ended up quitting a little after Cata. They were the ones who got me into this game in 2005. It felt promising to me when they were saying how they will start up a guild, and be the realm first to kill Deathwing. So a little while later they quit :(.

I joined Kil'Jaeden from the guild recruitment forums when a tank spot was needed to kite the bloods on heroic spine. I fulfilled the guilds dream of doing that, and then the guild went Horde. After I cleared 8/8H Dragon Soul I ended up starting my own RBG team on the server. I gathered players from top PvP and PvE guilds and ran as a prot warrior flag carrier and got my rated battleground rating to over 1800. So I am here now stuck here with the Alliance on this realm.

My experience with this expansion is 6/16 Normal Mode with a mix of 10 man and 25 man raiding. When I read this post, I noticed that this is the guild I have been looking for. So now I am here apply. Couple of reasons why I am here applying are:

• Stable
  • Friendy
  • Nice community
  • 25 man
  • Perfect raid times that works with my school schedule.
  • Horde

A little bit about myself.

• I just turned 24 (woo go 1988!)
  • Finally receiving my college degree next year (June 2013)
  • From OHIO
  • Friendly
  • Live Stream my Raids / PvP - twitch.tv/sapu2007 Check it out to see some of my gameplay
  • Outgoing

Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/136531/

Armory: http://us.battle.net...indian/advanced

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's a really attractive application - thanks for stopping by. I would love to eventually have someone in the guild that could organize an RBG team - I've tried in the past but don't have the background or time to do it justice right now.

For the logs, I'm kind of a one trick pony. If you're melee or tank I go straight for opportunistic strikes these days. 10 to 11 is a little low for a tank - do they have you guys tanking Strengths or is this something you think you can improve on?

I definitely want to check out the stream as well. :)

1988 > all other years! 202%20highfive.png

And oh boy, someone from Ohio. The one state worse than Texas. It's okay for me to say it - because I'm Legen-waitforit-dary Onion%20901.gif

Haha thanks for the support on our awesome year of birth.

Well that's a really attractive application - thanks for stopping by. I would love to eventually have someone in the guild that could organize an RBG team - I've tried in the past but don't have the background or time to do it justice right now.

For the logs, I'm kind of a one trick pony. If you're melee or tank I go straight for opportunistic strikes these days. 10 to 11 is a little low for a tank - do they have you guys tanking Strengths or is this something you think you can improve on?

I definitely want to check out the stream as well. :)

Hey no problem. Organizing RBGs are fun and easy. The hard part is having them all coordinate together :) Haha the dps were a bit slow on to pick up the strengths so at one point I would be tanking / getting stunned by them. Yeah if you watch the videos you'll see me do well and end up getting screwed at the end with all the adds up. I blame myself for that for having 2 hours of sleep the night before raid and being exhausted. I'm defiantly better now with them with the practice. We'll have to do a LFR or something together and i'll prove myself.. What ya say?

So I started watching your oldest video (the first) and that intro recruitment intro for Echelon looked pretty high quality. Did you make that? I mean, I was surprised to see something like that because it obviously had to of taken a lot of time and it got me thinking, how come you want to leave your current guild Echelon and join ours? I know you posted a couple reasons why you're applying here, but specifically how come you're leaving them?

And omg how can you even see what's going on with all those bars and crazy combat text blocking everything!? Lol

So I started watching your oldest video (the first) and that intro recruitment intro for Echelon looked pretty high quality. Did you make that? I mean, I was surprised to see something like that because it obviously had to of taken a lot of time and it got me thinking, how come you want to leave your current guild Echelon and join ours? I know you posted a couple reasons why you're applying here, but specifically how come you're leaving them?

And omg how can you even see what's going on with all those bars and crazy combat text blocking everything!? Lol

Haha I have no idea, I seem to see everything. Some things I have to ignore during boss fights lol.

A friend of mine made that for me and helped design my twitch page. It helped with recruitment when people on our realm were watching my live streams. I can always get one made again though. The reason why I want to leave my current guild was due to a lot of drama between the guild master and the core raiders. It goes a long way and I think I lost a lot of respect with my guild leader and his attitude. The officers just listen to him and kind of just side with him.There was a lot of contradiction between him and for us. If you watch the latest videos you'll see it. I'd watch last Tuesdays. Check out WoWprogress on our guild and you'll see a lot of people left the guild. So it's not just me that wants to leave, heh.

In short, the guild is run by 1 person who doesn't seem to take any feedback from the members to help strengthen the guild. It's all him and no one else really.

In long, here's an example.

Example: On normal 25 man Feng our strat was to interrupt every epicenter through the shield/lightning fists and get through the phases quick enough so our healers wouldn't have mana issues. I successfully interrupted the epicenters most of the time. Sometimes I would have some bad luck with position or the other tank didn't position correctly and we would have trouble grabbing them. We had a holy paladin getting stunned and we would reflect that when epicenter was casted and the shield was on cooldown. If that was messed up once, the raid leader would call it a wipe. (because our healers couldn't heal through it)

I would say 90-95% of the time that was all executed properly and we would get to phase 3 and wipe due to lack of heals. (My guild leader / raid leader's healing was equal to the death knight tank's healing). I would even call him out for that. I said, so all those phase 3 wipes was clearly a healing issue which was over 90-95% of the time and the one or two mistakes i get called out and yelled at in front of the other 23 raiders for not being able to interrupt a epicenter was a bigger issue? On a normal boss fight? Especially when it rarely happened..? Let me add that I am 6/6 and he is still 4/6. Also, We cleared feng on normal without interrupting the prime number of epicenters and I stole the epicenters instead and downed it first week release of MV.

Another thing that bothered me a lot was fairness. This isn't really affecting me but others mostly. When the expansion came out and everyone got geared, the guild made it seem like everyone was on a clean slate and starting over. However, performance wasn't as great as expected and it seemed like a good core 10-12 people were carrying the rest of the group. I don't think that's fair that they are getting replaced by officers who are under-preforming without being talked to. In my honest opinion those players should be talked to help them in the long run. If they aren't improving then that's the time to replace them. Like that example given about teaching a man to fish. Instead of just giving them fish, just help them out. Instead of putting it off and bashing our heads against normal content over and over and not getting to where we have to be.

Edited by Crazyindian

The reason why I want to leave my current guild was due to a lot of drama between the guild master and the core raiders. It goes a long way and I think I lost a lot of respect with my guild leader and his attitude. The officers just listen to him and kind of just side with him.There was a lot of contradiction between him and for us. If you watch the latest videos you'll see it. I'd watch last Tuesdays.

Yea I'm not surprised you said that at all, I didn't like his tone one bit. Also IMO, his healing is terrible from what I see on the logs. Harsh personality and bad HPS is not a good mix for a guild master of a 25M team. Actually on our recent Heroic Feng, our Prot Pally did more healing than that Holy Palladin lol, little off topic sorry, I thought it was amusing.

In short, the guild is run by 1 person who doesn't seem to take any feedback from the members to help strengthen the guild. It's all him and no one else really.

That's funny cause it works the opposite here! We control Ashin, he is our puppet :D .

If that was messed up once, the raid leader would call it a wipe. (because our healers couldn't heal through it)

I would say 90-95% of the time that was all executed properly and we would get to phase 3 and wipe due to lack of heals. (My guild leader / raid leader's healing was equal to the death knight tank's healing). I would even call him out for that.

Lol tell us how you really feel...

I'm sorry I didn't mean to spark your vindication for that guild and to vent here, I'm sure that wasn't your intention and sometimes we all get carried away. However, I do agree with you that Echelon's guild healing was pretty limp from what I saw, and overall the situation felt terrible. I got that just from watching about an hour of your vids and didn't like the guy immediately. IMO your twitch stream didn't feel like much of a recruitment tool, it definitely turned me away.

Also I was surprised you guys had like no ranked healers on WoL's from old Cata fights, and very few for Vaults. I will say this though, the DPS looked pretty good from logs and your in game combat log.

I'm not sure how I would like being on a Twitch stream either.