WoW Application - Bublé Protection Paladin

Bullnugget

Hey There!

This is an application for the WoW raid Team for South of Heaven on Stormreaver.

I got a reply from Ashin on my forum post and made my way here.

A little about me:

My name is Tyler and I'm an internet marketing/advertising analyst from Irvine, CA. I'm 27 years old and married to my lovely wife Monica for over 4 years now, and have a handsome Beagle/Jack Russel puppy named Sparky :)

Now to the good stuff:

My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightbringer/Bubl%C3%A9/advanced

I'm currently 480 ilvl and even with SoH's current progression with the exception of Blade Lord. I have been Tanking since Firelands where I achieved my Firelord kill I believe it was the reset or 2nd reset after the HP nerf. Prior to that I was raiding on my Mage Heret in WoTLK, but I fell in love with tanking and haven't touched my mage since.

I have been raiding since vanilla on BWL's release but it was on my Wife's cousin's shadow priest Darkfather back in the guild KHAOS on Daggerspine.

I am looking to leave Thirteen Thirty Seven because when MoP started we were 10 man and progressing decently well, then the guild decided to swap to 25 man in less than a week for HoF and Terrace and recruited all friends of people most of whom have been 90 for about 2 days, and to be honest it is just failing. They have 0 raid awareness, lack of class knowledge and they won't bend or budge to recruit and replace them and now we are just moving backwards.

As far as tanking goes, I eat, sleep, dream, and breathe tanking. Fortunately I can be lazy at work at times which allows me to theorycraft, watch videos, forum debate, and study matlab's to always keep updated with changes, strategies, etc.

Here's a couple of logs as well:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2xqql0sarvg9ebd6/sum/damageDone/?s=5698&e=6169 (Heart of Fear)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-tga4bgg7xmj6csb4/sum/damageDone/?s=3351&e=4035 (First Will Kill)

A SS of my UI:

WoWScrnShot_101012_190008.jpg

There wasn't an application format that I could see so I'm not sure what else to put in the first greet post lol. But I'll be available all day and night to answer any questions about my class, rotation, addons, keybindings, thought process, strats, stat weights, stat priorities, rotation priorities, etc.

Thanks for your consideration!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tyler,

Nice to see your application, and it's a good one. Did you have a chance to review our schedule, and can you commit to making it reliably? No conflicts with Monica or Sparky?

What did you play in T11, and what convinced you to pick up tanking in T12? Have you tanked with any other classes? What draws you to paladin, and what are the specific advantages you think it conveys relative to other tanks? How did you leverage those advantages during Will and during your first two HM's?

Have you raided 25m before?

You mentioned that you guild changed formats just a week ago - as a guild leader I can put myself in your GM's shoes. Do you feel like you gave them enough time to pull the new team together? Should I be concerned that if we go through a period of turnover (which is a guarantee that we will) that you'll head off to greener lands?

Thanks for the solid app - look forward to your replies. :)

wow, you guys managed to kill Will without anyone except the tanks pulling off an oppotunistic strike? lol

This is actually common in 10M Luc, I rarely see melee keep uptime on the bosses, and if they do it's cause they had a plethora of melee.Simply because they can't cover the same ground like a 25M team.

Schedule is the best fit raiding schedule i've had in a few years, Shouldn't be any issues. The only thing I guess to put out there, is my wife and I are taking are first vacation to San Francisco 11/21 through that sunday. But other than that, I've always had 100% attendance.

I should have been more clear about when I started tanking, I was still tanking on this paladin for T11, but it was very casual as my work schedule at the time didn't let me raid seriously. Once T12 kicked in, I basically got to make my own work schedule and that's when I kicked tanking into full gear. Yes I have tanked on my Blood DK alt in Firelands and DS in our Alt Raids or whatever pugs I could grab. I have also messed around with Protection Warriors some but I don't like the feel of it. What drew me to Pally Tanking was its pure utility. Protection paladins have the ability to make so many raid adjustments on a per encounter basis to give an edge where as warriors can just shield wall and last stand. For example, If theres a lack of paladins in the raid I can go talent Clemency for Dual Hand of Protections for Spirit Kings to free the pinned arrows vs sticking with my standard build for other fights. Or if healing is lacking on Gara'jal I can run Holy Prism instead of Execution Sentence for extra AoE heals for those in melee range. I feel that no other tanking class besides Brewmasters have any similar utility. And of course Devo Aura for raid wide magic dmg is so critical to have an extra one from a Tank and not just Holy/Ret Paladins. And I also feel that we are the best physical damage tank besides brewmasters. With proper Holy Power management we have insane uptime on SoTR, Glyphed Divine Prot, GoAK, Weakened Blows, Crazy self heals from Seal of Insight and Glyph of Battle Healer. The only thing we really lack is instant burst mobility like Leap or that monk roll thingy lol. During Will, obviously I'm not taking any dmg during the combo, and outside of the combo, the physical dmg is so intense its really where I get to shine. Ensuring I come out of the combo with 5 holy power and 2 Cd's and I take minimal dmg. This same tactic applies except the cooldown rotation is just more fluid and on use for stone guards and Feng. Major cd's and SoTR uptime are saved primarily for when tanking 2 guardians or right after the first tank debuff from Feng.

Yes, Thirteen Thirty Seven was 25 man in Firelands and in DS.

The GM himself doesn't want to be 25 man, he decided to do it because the guild wanted 25 man cuz literally of this reason: "we don't like seeing 2 pieces of loot" The 25 man wasn't prepared properly, it was rushed too fast, they aren't recruiting real players, they recruited level 85 friends and family and just told them to level up fast and then we'd trial them. And now that we are 25 man, they refuse to keep recruiting to replace the people that are causing problems. The other issue with the guild, is many of them are very very young, immature kids that goof off during raid time, would rather search for funny Reddit posts for everyone to read when we're trying to pull, and would rather make racist jokes all night long then take the raid seriously. Yes I like to have fun when its appropriate, but when its time to focus, i'd rather be with people that can understand the difference of when its time to get down to business.