Clisis-Mal'Ganis Prot Warr App

Clisis

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Clisis,

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the app.

Few questions for you.

As a prot War, what you do feel are the advantages you have over other tanks?

What the some of the strongest tools you have in your arsenal?

How do you track the uptime and cooldown of your offensive and defensive CDs?

Why did you choose the Avatar and Impending Victory talents? Why the Bull Rush glyph?

Curious on your gearing strategy. What are do you consider your stat priority for gemming/reforging and why?

I'll probably have a few more questions for you once i go through your logs, but this should get us started.

thanks and catch you later.

Yo Clisis,

Welcome to the boards and thanks for the app.

Few questions for you.

As a prot War, what you do feel are the advantages you have over other tanks?

What the some of the strongest tools you have in your arsenal?

How do you track the uptime and cooldown of your offensive and defensive CDs?

Why did you choose the Avatar and Impending Victory talents? Why the Bull Rush glyph?

Curious on your gearing strategy. What are do you consider your stat priority for gemming/reforging and why?

I'll probably have a few more questions for you once i go through your logs, but this should get us started.

thanks and catch you later.

Thanks an I'm glad to be here. I will try my best to answer all these questions (I'm little better talking about it) but none the less I will give it my best shot.

1. I feel that Warrior tanks have alot more movement over other tanks due to heroic leap, intervien, plus now able to have a glyph were you can charge not once but twice :D, Plus Warrior tanks are overal stronger when it comes to single tanking on some fights.

2.Banners <3 Love them alot, Shield Wall, Shield Barrier, Demo Shout, Thunderclap (debuff from it), Last Stand, Rallying Cry. Most of the major ones that I always use in fights

3.There is a CD tracker built into my UI when a fight enters combat it pop's up. If there is a better one please let me know and I will check it out.

4. The reason why I chose Avatar was for the extra damage and rage build up so when I would open a starter (aka Stone Guard) I would pop Avatar and Reklessness and heroic leap in to grab aggro for both of the dogs and then start my opener with Heroic Throw>Shield Slam>Devisate. I use Impending Victory because it not only can give me 10% of my hp back every 30 sec but if I manage to kill and add say during the 3rd boss in MSV I can return an extra 10% so of a total of 20% hp. Overal it's better for situation and I can use it alot more then Second Wind or Enraged Generation. (Truth be told I been thinking of going Second Wind). Last for the Bull Rush glyph, reason I use that glyph is simple because just for little extra rage for my opener. If you feel that there would be a better glyph, please let me know :)

5.My gearing stra is More of control then advoice, I go by Mastery>Hit/Exp (7.5)>Parry/Dodge (Parry being 2x over Dodge). When it comes to this I feel that its good to have little bit of hit and exp but not alot so you still have room for little bit parry and mastery and dodge :D I also use Reforagelite Addon, and Askmrrobot (This is because Askmrrobot has some interesting stuff aka the stat weights being correct for the moment, also telling myself what gems would be best for my slots). Then again there is always the way of going to Icy-Veins or Noxxic or even EJ for the gems for Red, Blue, Yellow :)

6.Please do look at my logs, I love actally talking about tanking and what im doing. Just theorycrafting overall is fun for me.

Same, talk to you later :)

P.S. Thank you! I have had this X-mog sence reforage came out. It is uniqe and I love it

Well so far I've found your logs to be a bit frustrating. I could be overlooking something, but you're not in most of the recent raids, is that right?

What days from your logs do you feel are the best representations of your tanking ability?

I looked at the Elegon fight from 10/28 and it looks ok, albeit the longest attempt was only 3 minutes.

1. You've got ok uptime on shield barrier, which is useful for all the magic damage but I see zero uses of shield block, which would be more useful when tanking the protector.
  2. You only used Demoralizing shout once over all three fights whereas you could have had cast it at least 4-7 times
  3. I don't see you using TC/weakened blows at all. Who in your raid was responsible for keeping up the debuff? Does your add-on track debuffs cast by others?
  4. 1 heroic strike over all the fights while you got the Ultimatum buff 4 times so you should have at least 3 more completely free HS
  5. I don't see any Avatar/Recklessness buffs

Overall there isn't much data to go on. If you can separate out a log for me that'd be great.

As far as glyphs go the Bull Rush glyph isn't all that useful for Raid Tanking most encounters. As once the fight starts you don't often get a chance to charge more than once. Basically you're giving up a Priime Glyph slot for something you can benefit from only once. Other potential choices to consider would be

1. Unending Rage to pool more rage for more uptime on Shield Barrier/Block
  2. Incite to boost your use of HS/Cleave and increase your DPS
  3. Recklessness glyph would match well with Avatar, giving you the %crit buff for all but 2 seconds of your Avatar uptime
  4. Heavy Reprercussions for Snap/burst threat and DPS when you're using more Shield Blocks

Again these are all situational but potentially all better than Bull Rush.

Gearing wise/reforge/gemming your rational is sound. I haven't played with the numbers but I'd be curious to see the differences in either going all the way to the 7.5% hit/epertise caps vs. ignoring them completely in lieu of full Mastery > dodge/parry set-up. As it stands your kind of caught in the middle, which may be a good place to be but seems, at a glance, as half-committed.

What is the name of the CD tracking add-on you're using in your UI?

thanks

Well so far I've found your logs to be a bit frustrating. I could be overlooking something, but you're not in most of the recent raids, is that right?

What days from your logs do you feel are the best representations of your tanking ability?

I looked at the Elegon fight from 10/28 and it looks ok, albeit the longest attempt was only 3 minutes.

1. You've got ok uptime on shield barrier, which is useful for all the magic damage but I see zero uses of shield block, which would be more useful when tanking the protector.
  2. You only used Demoralizing shout once over all three fights whereas you could have had cast it at least 4-7 times
  3. I don't see you using TC/weakened blows at all. Who in your raid was responsible for keeping up the debuff? Does your add-on track debuffs cast by others?
  4. 1 heroic strike over all the fights while you got the Ultimatum buff 4 times so you should have at least 3 more completely free HS
  5. I don't see any Avatar/Recklessness buffs

Overall there isn't much data to go on. If you can separate out a log for me that'd be great.

As far as glyphs go the Bull Rush glyph isn't all that useful for Raid Tanking most encounters. As once the fight starts you don't often get a chance to charge more than once. Basically you're giving up a Priime Glyph slot for something you can benefit from only once. Other potential choices to consider would be

1. Unending Rage to pool more rage for more uptime on Shield Barrier/Block
  2. Incite to boost your use of HS/Cleave and increase your DPS
  3. Recklessness glyph would match well with Avatar, giving you the %crit buff for all but 2 seconds of your Avatar uptime
  4. Heavy Reprercussions for Snap/burst threat and DPS when you're using more Shield Blocks

Again these are all situational but potentially all better than Bull Rush.

Gearing wise/reforge/gemming your rational is sound. I haven't played with the numbers but I'd be curious to see the differences in either going all the way to the 7.5% hit/epertise caps vs. ignoring them completely in lieu of full Mastery > dodge/parry set-up. As it stands your kind of caught in the middle, which may be a good place to be but seems, at a glance, as half-committed.

What is the name of the CD tracking add-on you're using in your UI?

thanks

If you have time, I would like to chat in mumble or ventrilo on these questions. I am free all this weekend so I can explain better. I honestly HATE typing lol plus I feel talking is a better way of communicating on these matters. Also its ElvUI (has built in CD counter.)

Edited by Clisis