[WoW] (Flex) Priest Application

Tinymanz

Annnnnd amazing ancient thread bump of awesome. I'm back in the game now...have been doing 25's with Oozeling since that's all I could find when I came back. Alas. Anyway, for what it's worth, new logs:

Heroic Feng 25

Elite Protectors, 25 Normal

25 Normal, Bladelord

25 Normal, Sha of Fear

All as holy. Because holy is OP. Note: I do not have 4set >.>

New Armory:

http://us.battle.net...nymanz/advanced

NB: I swap talents out frequently, so depending on when you click this it might have a different set in that's not exactly correct for a 25man raid healer. I do apologize if that's the case.

Same Old Tiny!

Ask me things!

Edited by Tinymanz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be fine, 6 yards was nice, but let's be fair, it DID all but remove the positioning factor of the spell. 4 yards will be more realistic. Bets on how long it takes before a holy priest starts demanding that the raid stack in a single file line?

Edited by Tinymanz

Hello Ashin! After running into you in Halfhill, I figured I may as well give this a second shot now that things have calmed down work wise. I didn't really know what to do, so like I mentioned to you, I posted up my most recent logs as well as a link to my armory. If there's anything more specific you need from me in terms of new information not mentioned in the original application post (and I still stand by what I said there, give or take a few changes to how healing as holy works).

So are you main spec holy or shadow these days? I felt like in your original app we were talking shadow.

Also from our conversations I wasn't sure what sort of application you are putting in - if you are putting in one? If you're asking for a social invite I will give you one, but you will likely raid less than you are currently. If you're applying to our raid team then you'd most likely need to be coming to us with a better gearing / progression situation - that's just to be fair to yourself as much as the rest of us.

Let me know what you are thinking.

Hey Ashin,

Firstly I'd like to apologize for how unclear my posts have been and with this message I hope to clear that up.

These days, and for much of my career as a priest, I've played holy. I love the spec and I'm very, very good at it. I was applying as shadow before because that's what you needed and because I loved how close a community South of Heaven seems to be. I would kill for a chance to be part of you guys; the guild is everything that I look for in one: I would take your offer of a social invite in an instant if I could do so and still have a consistent raid group to raid with. Knowing that's unlikely to happen, I've decided to go for broke and apply directly to the raid team now that you have an opening for what I actually do: heal as a holy priest.

I know that in applying to you guys as I am now it looks like something of a joke. 493 ilvl, no 4set, only a month's worth of 25man logs and only 2 heroic kills...not what anyone who leads a top 100 25man would look twice at but even though I understand that I still want to apply to the raid team. That, however, is not at all something that I'm happy with; I've never been so under-progressed in my life and that's even including the time at the start of Cata when I was rebuilding after losing my original account.

I love to raid, and to raid well; I'm a team player, I like to move through content in a very clear and organized way and that would have happened this tier had the guild I was originally supposed to be main healing for (Vs The Universe) not decided they'd rather have had a mistweaver over a holy priest at the last second. That decision put me in a very difficult position. All the solid guilds had full rosters and were starting to hit content hard. I had to take what I could find and make the best of it. Losing two and a half months to an unfortunate situation at my job didn't help matters either. In the last month and a bit I have tried my best to do everything I can to bring my toon back up to the level that I like to be at. I achieved some measure of that too...rank 18th on heroic feng 25man (as holy,such that healer ranks matter) and several other > 50 rank parses.

I chose now to reapply to SoH because the release of 5.2 leveled the playing field somewhat, I think. New raid, blank progression slate. With all the means to get gear that are in the game now I don't think it would take very long for me to catch up to the level that the rest of the 25man is at. Because of that, I figured now would be the best time to apply as any guild I'm likely to be in will move significantly slower than South of Heaven thus widening both the progression and gear disparity even more. Do I think as I stand now that I could be a solid member of your team, yes I do; gear or no gear. I completely understand what you mean by saying "to be fair as much to me as to the rest of the team" but even still I can't stand the prospect of guild hopping anymore. As you can see, I'm caught between knowing what is expected of people raiding at your level, liking the community of South of Heaven and liking to raid consistently. It's made this all very awkward and confusing and I'm sorry about that.

Edited by Tinymanz