[WoW] (Flex) Priest Application

Tinymanz

Thanks for explaining a bit more. I'll ask Feja to have a look at your logs. I did notice the Feng kill and in terms of raw numbers yes that was a solid performance - of course that is dictated to an extent by the quality of your teammates, so I try not to take it out of context. But good numbers nevertheless. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about this further.. we would like to add a 7th healer to our roster, but our healers mostly have excellent attendance, so someone who is flexible between DPS and Healing specs would be ideal.

It isn't a deal breaker but I would like to know if you've been doing shadow at all this expansion, what sort of i level we'd be talking about there, and how is your performance, etc.

Thanks!

I played shadow at the start of the expansion, but recently, because of the changes made to chastise chakra for holy, when I've had to go dps for whatever reason I've been dpsing as holy in my shadow set. It does decent damage and still has the full range of Holy healing CD's available, which makes it quite versatile and ideal for the situation where you need a healer to go dps without losing a CD.

That said, my performance as shadow isn't horrible, my gear is comparable to that of my holy set and my damage has never been regarded as "bad". Would I be able to roll shadow and parallel the performance of a dedicated shadow priest? No, not even close. I haven't played it enough to have the spec finessed nearly to the same degree as I know how to play holy, but that's a simple lack-of-familiarity issue. The only concrete number I have for my shadow dps was from last night on Elite Protectors 10man normal: I did 93k. I'm sorry I don't have anything more concrete to give you, but the chances I've had of late to actually play shadow are few and far between--outside of just doing my dailies. I keep up to date on what talents to run and the general rotation/CD usage but my execution is sloppy. I could easily improve it, I'd just need (and will do so if asked) to play it more.

Annnnnd 20wipes later, Tortos is down: http://www.worldoflo...bswdq9wgznmly4/ and a 57th place as holy priest for me...4set is a wonderful thing.

I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to provide damage logs from current content. I did ask if I could DPS tonight but was told I had to heal >.>

Edited by Tinymanz

Here ya go twelve...not much but better than nothing. Lei Shi and Sha of Fear LFR.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x7vzglophx79moyf/dashboard/?enc=bosses

...linking this log seems so wrong. Anyway, as you can see I am not the most finessed spriest in the world. Though playing shadow mainspec is something I'd be both more than willing to do and something of a nice change, I need more practice in a raid setting before I could feel competent playing this spec on a progression boss. My gear is both too incoherent and overall too low to bring to a progression boss. Once I get some items to sort out my gear, play shadow more often and in general get myself into a better spot for the spec I'd happily switch to MS shadow. Until then I would only feel comfortable playing Holy in a progression encounter.

I'm really considering the idea of trialing you as shadow and having you fill the spot of the 7th healer to cover absences from the main six. (this sounds vaguely BSG'ish..)

Normally we have pretty stringent requirements for DPS applicants but neither party has much to lose right now, and you seem like you would make a nice addition to the guild assuming you can bring your gameplay and gear in line with our needs. We've never had a mumble date, right? You, Inedit and I should maybe chat this weekend.