Guild Wars 2 Application: phaseVIII

Dani

Hello everyone!

My name is Dani and my boyfriend and I are applying for SoH (see Dropship's post!) Vesper is a friend of ours who introduced us to the guild. We were managing a small group with other local friends, but most of them stopped playing and since then things have gotten a bit lonely! I'm looking to group up with people and play through dungeons, find groups in WvW, and have fun all around. :D I currently have a level 80 guardian (Taurëa), a level 68 elementalist (Quartzine), and I just started a thief who is all of level 20 (Arrowroot.)

I tend to play before noon and after that from 8pm on. I am 24 and work with medical insurance (icky job!) so when I come on after 8 I am generally relaxing after a busy day at work.

My play style can be described as lighthearted, but still very dedicated! I can commit to events and dungeons and won't participate in one unless I can be present for the full duration. Other than that you can find me TRYING to get 100% map completion, but I tend to get involved in events friends are doing and forget the gigantic task I set for myself.

I love contributing to groups as best as I can, and while I haven't gotten the opportunity to run a lot of explorable dungeons, I am always eager to learn and follow command!

I played LotRO for a while (before it was F2P) and had a level 65 Rune Keeper that was mostly heal/support or heavy DPS. I was a member of Knights of the Ring on Firefoot and my focus in the guild at that time was to help lower level members make it through challenging areas, because our server was very low in population. A lot of newcomers had no way of finding groups and it made the leveling process extremely difficult. I also ran raids in that when I wasn't helping out friends. Play SW:ToR briefly, but there wasn't much of a community on there so my interest quickly faded. Plus, I'm into fantasy and only a little bit into scifi, so that made immersion difficult for me.

When I'm not playing GW2 I tend to play Magic with Dropship or I make a new character in Skyrim. Anyone else super excited for the Dragonborn DLC? I also drink a LOT of tea and take lots of photos of tea! I actually have a little blog where you can see photos of what's in my cup! I have upwards of 50 teas in my cabinet, so if you see me 'brb' in chat you can safely assume I'm brewing some tea to drink while playing!

I really hope I'll get the chance to meet all of you in game!!

LOVE your post Phase! I, too, am a tea drinker :D

Both Caiffena and Hunture will take care of you here on boards and I'll take care of you in game.

Please know that our recruitment process is stringent and we take it seriously. You are applying to a family of friends who game together, title to title. As a community we're solid, low drama, and mature. To the degree that we want to keep it that way, we've structured our 30-day trial w/ certain requirements to ensure a solid fit (on both sides).

You will be expected to participate in game, on boards, in mumble and in guild chat so that all of us can get to know you. You must move from "stranger" to "friend" in 30 days b/c after that trial period, you are put up for a vote. Our Veteran and Senior members decide your entry based on whether or not you're a good fit, and of course you will decide for yourself if you like our community as well.

I hope to see you in game very soon where we can talk more! I'm off for a bit of Oolong atm ^^

So glad you like the post!!! I understand the purpose and benefits of such a stringent recruitment process. I've only heard good things about this group -- it seems very tight knit and friendly. Dropship is going to have to help me with mumble. I've only been able to get it to work one way in the past... I can hear people, but no one can hear me. Once I figure out what my issues are (I run skype & ventrilo perfectly fine) I'll be more than happy to chat amongst members there, as well as on the forums and in game. :D

Dani,

Welcome and thank you for an in-depth app! There are many couples that play together in SOH, I'm sure you will feel right at home.

Please take a moment and review our Code of Conduct and acquaint yourself with the orientation threads, linked below. Huntyre can set you up with proper access if you cannot view them, when he has the opportunity.

When possible please take the time to read the following threads (again, you may need to wait for proper access for some).

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here
  • Pre-flight check list here

When you're ready for a tag, please feel free to /w Feramoan, Huntyre, Caiffena, Atrael, Malthis or Proof in game. I look forward to gaming with you, please let me know if there's anything I can help with!