Guild Wars 2 Application

Arcterus

Hey everyone,

I'd interested in joining SoH, I pretty much play GW2 whenever I get time (So like an hour a day or more). I was playing with Disco when I happened to ask if the guild he was currently in was active and social. I'm an open-minded guy that just likes to chill, do some dungeons, WvW, or anything really. (Although grinding for my legendary is the current thing haha).

I used to play WoW, SWTOR, SWG, and GW1, so I have a good amount of MMO experience. My characters are currently on Crystal Desert as well. Please let me know if you need me to do anything for recruitment.

Thanks,

Arcterus

Hi Acterus... we are currently recruiting, with a focus on WvW players. I'm a little concerned that an hour/day during the recruitment period may not be quite enough for us to get to know you, so I'd like to hear a bit more about that. Also, tell us about yourself. What you do when you're not gaming, time zone, etc...

Thanks,

Huntyre

Hi Arcterus, welcome to the boards.

I'm delighted you found your way here (brave soul xD). Huntyre is right.... if you wouldn't mind offering a smidge more information, that'd be great. We take Intro/Apps seriously and use them as the first stepping stone in getting to know someone.

I share Huntyre's concern as well. Our 30-day recruitment period is designed to have someone move from "stranger" to "friend" and allow them to to gauge whether or not SoH is a good fit for them as well. An hour an evening may not be enough, although it could be depending on your weekend play (and personality ^^). Our gauging instruments include in-game participation, use of mumble and guild chat, and forum activity.

As a gaming community, SoH has been together for 9+ years now under very stable leadership. We've had active Chapters in numerous games, although not in GW1. That title, however, was my stomping ground for several years before finding SoH. I was both Kurzick and Luxon at different times (for titles.... and long before the current changes that've made that sooo much easier to get) and got my God title long before it was fashionable xD

Feel free to add as much about yourself as you're comfortable with -- and we're happy to answer any questions you might have :)

Also, you are more than welcome to group with us in the meantime. Our in-game representatives are: Fera Moan, Caiffena, Huntyre, Malthis Mentat, Proof, Tyrlis, Xzar Deathwielder, and of course you've met the infamous Disco already ^^

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hey guys,

No problem. I actually play more than than an hour or two tbh, it's probably liken to 3 hours a day. It's a lot more on weekends barring special occasions. For the moment, I'm mostly down for dungeons and just helping people out in general. I do use mumble as well as I had used it for WoW and SWTOR and raided about 3-5 days a week in those times. Also, I was one of the originator collaborators of soloing of Underworld with the Mo/W for ecto. It was a very long time ago, but I do remember when I was soloing that for days on end and when 1 platinum was actually very hard to attain haha. I never played past the first expansion unfortunately, but I did manage to buy the others (I was hoping to farm the skin rewards for GW2, but that never happened =(). If I ever get a chance to revisit it to see if I can at least get the fiery dragon sword, that would be amazing as that was one of my favorites in GW1.

My timezone is PST, I'm mainly working in a software company right now so that takes most of my time. When I'm not working/playing GW2, I'll usually be hanging out with my friends and family, but I also enjoy playing basketball and will do that every Tuesday night, so you will normally not see me on that night. I'll usually do research on what I am running so I have a gist of what the dungeon is about or the jumping puzzles. I find myself more of an inquisitive type, so I'll be bold or daring and want to see what new things are in store. I always try to be at my best, but I don't mind wiping in dungeons and will definitely welcome people who are newer to the dungeons, because everyone starts somewhere.

The main reasons I may not be on are due to family, friends, and other obligations. But if there are any other questions, I'll definitely answer anything you guys have. I respect that you have been around for 9+ years and that is awesome that you guys have such a history. Hopefully I can add to that history as well =)

Now that's an Introduction! Thank you :)

It sounds as though you have plenty enough game time, and that's very good news! Also, Disco has spoken highly of you and that my friend is golden xD

I'm going to set you up with Recruit access here on forums, which will allow you the ability to roam and peruse the various boards at your leisure. Please take some time for the following threads:

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here
  • Pre-flight check list here

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask here in this thread, or in game. Tomorrow when I log on I'll send you a guild invite.

I look forward to gaming with you!