Liquephyre

Character(s): Liquephyre, 80 Engineer; Lenakai, 62 Mesmer

RL Name: James

Activity: Usually mornings (8-11am) and evenings (7-11pm), varies with work and energy level.

Interaction: Primarily W3. Slowly working on my legendary, sometimes fractals (lvl4), Daily Orichalcum. Achievement whore; Indiscriminate Slayer being the first one I worked for.

Playstyle: I focus on Durability and Self Reliance however, I participate and function well within a group. Ability to follow directions or take initiative.

Other Games: Chess, League of Legends, Skyrim, Magicka, Retired WoW (Beta-LK)

Just some basic information. Please feel free to ask questions.

Hi Liquephyre -- welcome. Glad my directions to teh boards weren't too convoluted :)

@ Zombryo: Tyrlis ninja'd Liquephyre in WvW and he joined us in mumble while we played.

Mind giving us a bit more about you? I vaguely recall you said you worked... mind telling us the general field? How about your taste in books or movies (it at all ^^) Kids? Dogs? Favorite food?

Here's a bit about me: I'm the Chapter Lead for our GW2 group but before this I played Rift and Aion, which is where I met up w/ SoH. I've also played GW1 (too much I think). I used to teach Freshman Comp, but retired (young xD). I own a couple of houses and live in the bathtub of America: New Orleans, La. I have 2 cats I adore and would love to sell my properties and move anywhere that's not here. I love me some WvW, get a hoot out of playing a mesmer, tend to dislike fps shooters and games that lack a fantasy flavor, am a Linguist, and LotR is my favorite movie and book. I'm also a fan of Shakespeare and the Game of Throne series. Quite a mish-mash of a paragaph there, but you get my drift ^^

(p.s. I swear this isn't a date site, lol, we just want to get to know folks a bit.)

I have 2 dogs, both pit's, my girl is almost 6 years old and 70 pounds while my boy is almost 2 years old and 100 pounds.

I just got done with a 3 year vacation. I recently moved to Vallejo, CA although I was born and raised in Sacramento, CA. I've had a job working with a solar company for almost a year now, during that time I've received 4 promotions and am now the Regional Team Manager with another promotion already given although I'm still waiting on it to become active (Franchise Team Management, starting in the spring). My professional, rental and personal references are immaculate although I've never had a credit card.

I drive a VW Vanagon and love it for travelling. I love loading it down with camping gear and leaving town for as long as I can afford to get away. I ride my bmx bike almost every day. I spend a lot of time reading books or watching movies regarding Nature, Science, History, Astronomy, Mathematics, Eastern Philosophy among other topics. I love scary movies, zombies, post-apocalyptic, comedy as well as some other mood dependent subjects.

Additionally, I'd say I'm a lot of things to a lot of people. I am a very active person. About the only time I am at rest is in front of my computer or sleeping. I love to cook, anything and everything. I used to be vegan but I couldn't find a good cheese substitute so I support killing things that grew up in a cage again. I'm not much into bars or clubs unless a band is playing I like. I'm not much into drinking, it's never been my thing. If I drink a beer it has to be one of the best (usually an IPA).

I have always wanted to learn to surf, to jump out of a perfectly good plane, to see the aurora borealis and to inspire those that have lost hope. I am a philosopher, a scientist, a poet, a dreamer, a man of my community. I enjoy the idea of inspiring someone without them even noticing. I like to improve the lives of those around me without recognition. I sing in the shower and in my car. I read in the bathroom. I draw when I'm bored and I paint every chance I get. I went to MTI for MCSE certification. I hate school. I'm mostly self taught, with everything, but I want my certificate. I'd rather learn through trial and error than reading or studying.

I am usually reserved although I consider myself to be very opinionated -- I have strongly felt notions about things and am quite vocal about expressing and defending them. Yet I also consider myself an original thinker -- I enjoy shocking others with my offbeat, original thoughts. I admittedly appreciate and need mental and intellectual stimulation. I consider my judgment to be usually fair and impartial.

Don't ever ask me about my work, I never like to talk about it. I work to live because I can't find a way to get paid doing what I love. Don't ask me about my plans: I don't have any, spontaneity is the key. Ask me about where I've been and what I've seen and you'll never get me to shut up. I love to drive. As long as I have a tank of gas and some time off work I'll go just about anywhere. I've been known to get off work on Friday and then drive for thirteen hours, each way, to go to my favorite mountain overlooking the beach on the weekend. I love to travel -- the beach, the mountains, hiking, backpacking, camping, day tripping, anywhere, as long as it's out of town.

I'm speechless. We could have been twins 20 yrs ago, well, except for the camping... I'm a bit of a creature-comfort lover these days ;)

I will change your forum status to Recruit which will allow you greater access to the boards. When possible please take the time to read the following threads.

• read and sign the Code of Conduct here
  • Mumble download and setup is here
  • GW2 Chapter new member orientation here
  • Pre-flight check list here

Game Reps in GW2 Chapter are: Huntyre,Caiffena, Atrael, Malthas and Feramoan; PvP GOs are Proof and Tyrlis, who you've already met.

Thank you for taking the time to express yourself so fully. We, here in SoH, take Membership seriously and respect and appreciate your individuality and your willingness to share your life experience in such an eloquent manner. Moving from stranger to friend is not always easy, but having such a rich and varied picture of your life and loves makes this much easier.

I have you on my list so I'll toss you an invite as soon as I see you. I look forward to gaming with you more :)