Yipz/sway Shadow Priest

Yips

Whew finally got through. Had to make a gmail account, but anyways!

Character Name:Yipz

Class:Priest

Current Server:Llane

Primary Raiding Spec :Shadow

Link to armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Yipz/simple

Raiding Experience: I didn't play WoW during Vanilla,or TBC.As of WoTLK I cleared icc 10 normal while it was current. Cataclysm I cleared 25 DS normal before the buffs.

Guilds I was previously in:

I've only been in four guilds since I've started playing WoW. Two were just casual guilds, as I was learning the game. My third guild was a guild called <From the Internet>. Looking to progress in WoW (since I am online a lot)FTI is a semi-raiding guild,which didn't care much for progression but had fun while playing the game. Personally I like the guild and made many friends,but paying over 1,200$ for a computer made me want to experience the game and get stuff done while having fun. As of right now I am in a guild called <Monolith> on Llane. I've only been in the guild for a week. After finishing my first week as a trial,the GM decided that she would like to play casually and did not want to give guild leadership over. This caused huge problems in the guild thus making some/most of the people leave and start their own guild. Having wasted money/gold to get to the server that I am now on,only to not raid and the guild to fall apart so soon, it's very depressing.

Raid times: I am able to make any raid times and any raid days.

Screenshots of my ui: http://i.imgur.com/Dey33.jpg. http://i.imgur.com/MqcwG.jpg

Recent parse: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/3918/ (This is the guild I am currently in and my first/last week of raiding with them...)

http://www.worldoflo...ne/?s=623&e=884

http://www.raidbots....us/zuluhed/sway. (This was the guild logs I was in before I joined my current guild)

Personal information:

Name: Billarious Pitts

Race: African American, Male

I enjoy playing WoW and I spend a lot of time playing WoW. Not having much of a real life, I can make any raid days and any raid times. I'm a friendly player that likes to get along with my fellow guild members. Always looking for improvement as there is always room for improvements. I've only played on two servers so far during my WoW career, which I miss my first server, as for the second server I've only been on for a week or two. Not looking to be the best nor do I care about being the best. However, I will try to perform at the best of my ability. Topping WoL or being at the top of dps/damage meters isn't my thing. As long as we get bosses down while having fun is all that matters. But, if I see where I am causing a problem in raid I wish for an officer/Gm to let me know that I am not performing well doing an encounter. If I need to be sat for not playing correctly I have no problem with that. All in all I am a good player and I wish to play in a guild that is drama free and enjoy the game for what it is worth.

Hi Yipz / Sway,

You've been very persistent and patient in getting your app posted, so I appreciate that.

One of the key questions with your app is going to revolve around the fact that you really don't have much experience doing HM progression, which is quite different from normal modes. A lot more is expected of you in terms of research, knowledge and performance. I do understand what you mean when you say that as long s the boss dies, you are happy. I do not like selfish DPS on my team and that is something we talk about a lot. That said, performing at this level requires a pretty strong competitive drive. If you don't have that, you're going to feel pretty burnt out after the third or fourth night of wipes.

Have you thought about these things?

Do you work? Go to school?

I do not work or go to school

Do you like to do BGs? Do you like to get drunk while PvPing?

Sorry I don't drink,haven't pvped much as of MoP. But I do like to watch streams on twitch!

What's your favorite movie?

Biker boyz!

Do you have any TVs shows you watch?

Family guy, world dumbest, Nacey Grace, and more shows that comes on trutv!

Do you like pie or cake better?

cake

What kind of toppings do you like on your pizza?

meat lovers

Hi Yipz / Sway,

You've been very persistent and patient in getting your app posted, so I appreciate that.

One of the key questions with your app is going to revolve around the fact that you really don't have much experience doing HM progression, which is quite different from normal modes. A lot more is expected of you in terms of research, knowledge and performance. I do understand what you mean when you say that as long s the boss dies, you are happy. I do not like selfish DPS on my team and that is something we talk about a lot. That said, performing at this level requires a pretty strong competitive drive. If you don't have that, you're going to feel pretty burnt out after the third or fourth night of wipes.

Have you thought about these things?

I have actually. My previous guild before I joined the one I am now..finally downed amber shaper 25 normal. Not down talking or anything, but I do want to have fun raiding and raiding with people that are putting efforts in to their class/guild/performence.

Hello there and welcome to the forums,

From the UI picture it seems it very stock, do you use addon to have track your dots if so what ones? Also what sources do you use to keep up with shadow priest? What tools do shadow priest have that make you unique to other classes, why do you enjoy playing the class so much.

Hello there and welcome to the forums,

From the UI picture it seems it very stock, do you use addon to have track your dots if so what ones? Also what sources do you use to keep up with shadow priest? What tools do shadow priest have that make you unique to other classes, why do you enjoy playing the class so much.

Addons I use are Tidy plates,Dbm,and Halopro. As for resources; Howtopriest.com,mmo-champions.com,and WoW forums. I enjoy playing shadow priest, I've been playing shadow priest since I started playing WoW. Tools of a shadow priest: LoF (Leap of faith) to quickly grab someone out of something or help someone get from one place to another. Void Shift can instantly save a raid wipe or it could cause one, as for Pvp this spell and LoF can be a game changer. Body and soul to quickly give someone movement or yourself movement speed increase. Angelic Feather's also very useful for extra movement speed for you or others. Void Tendrils can help with ccing along with Psychic Scream. The ability to Silence / Interrupt casting mobs and also Disarm enemies. If a healer needs help shadow priest can drop shadowform and help with healing. If specced into FDCL ( From darkness comes light) you can proc instant cast flash heals with the cost of 0 mana. Tossing out regular PoMs (Prayer of Mending). Taking a lot of damage? Vampiric Embrace can do tons of healing during high time raid damage. Shadow priest can also survive unbelievable damage and flat out ignore some mechanics with Dispersion. Hymn of Hope to help out low mana healers or anyone needing mana. Mass Dispel to remove several Debuffs all at once, or Dispel a buff off an enemy target.

I can't clearly say why I love shadow priest so much,but the utility they have are so amazing.

(Maybe because of shadowform,haha)

I'm interested in it because it is something different and new to me. One could say you can farm regular modes all day,and old content but when there is something new out, wouldn't you be curious to experience new things? I can only convince you upon my performence during encounters and some of the information I have provided you. As for heroic modes, what's hard to me may not be hard to you, or vice versa. The few attempts and kills I currently have did not seem hard at all,maybe because I played with people who are more focused upon progression and actually cared to progress. One could say I quickly adepted to their playstyle but who knows. I know one thing however, I am ready to tackle any challenge that comes my way! Even if it means wiping endless amount of time to progress, at least we're trying to progress and showing progression.