Chibihikari - Disc Priest - SoH Guild Application

Miyukitty

Basic Information

Character Name: Chibihikari

Class/Spec: Priest - Discipline (main spec) and Holy (off spec)

Armory URL: http://us.battle.net...hikari/advanced

Raiding UI: http://imgur.com/UQH3h

Addons: DBM, Decursive, Rapture Timer, Grid (with mouse over macros and corner highlights to indicate buffs/debuffs), PowerAuras and Xperl

WoL Parse: http://worldoflogs.c.../?s=3811&e=4511 (variety of logs also available for other fights)

Astrological Sign: Virgo

Chinese Zodiac: Snake

Blood Type: A

Computer/Internet Info: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor 3.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, 40+FPS in 25-mans (High), and 100 MS or lower (a few DCs now and then thanks to awesome wonder of TWC)

Current (MOP) Raid Progress

MSV - 5/6 Heroic with "Cutting Edge: Will of the Emperor", HoF - 2/6 Heroic and ToES - 4/4 Normal

WoW and Raiding History (aka, "how I spent the last six years in front of the computer")

My husband (then boyfriend) introduced me to WoW at the beginning of Burning Crusade by waving pretty Blood Elf hunters in front of my face. I sat down in front of his computer and after rolling my very first character (Akumamiyu), I made my way around Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms with my loyal kitty by my side. After dinging 70 and getting the key to Kara, I experienced my first raid...and I was hooked! With my one-button "steady shot auto shot" macro and my leather working drums, I mashed my keys as a BM hunter from the dark corridors of Karazhan to the vast interiors of Black Temple. Unfortunately my guild at the time burnt out after Mother Shazrah right before the blanket nerfs were put into effect (all those hours farming Primal Shadows *shudder*), and we did not start to raid again until WotLK.

As we moved from the Outlands to the chill of Northrend, my hunter was placed into a retirement home and her were pets stabled. To better suit the class needs of my guild, my protection/holy paladin (Pikako) picked up her sword and shield to main tank Naxxramas (10/25), Malygos (10/25) and Obsidian Sanctum (10/25). Unfortunately the guild began to fall apart a few weeks before the release of Ulduar, and I joined an Alliance guild on my resto shaman (now called Chibimaruko since she has gone through a couple of identity changes throughout the years). With this guild, I dropped my totems, tossed Riptides and Chain Healed all through Tier Seven (Naxx, Maly and OS), Ulduar with hardmodes (10/25), Trial of the Crusader/Trial of the Grand Crusader (10/25) and the beginnings of ICC. Unfortunately, a couple of weeks into Tier 10 my roomie's cat was chasing my bunny around the room and knocked over my computer tower. Not sure how the crash managed to completely screw up my computer, but I had to switch to my laptop which could not support 25-man raiding. I spent the final months of WotLK raiding strictly 10-mans on both my paladin and my shaman, and continued with 10-mans with the changes introduced in Cataclysm.

When Deathwing broke Azeroth and brought WoW into Cataclysm, I raided casually on my priest (now Chibihikari the gnome) and worked on Heroic Tier 11 on my resto-shaman. My shaman's guild fell apart at the beginning of Firelands, and it was fortuitous that many of my friends returned to WoW around that time and asked for me to raid with them as a disc priest healer. We stamped out the fires of Tier 12 (6/7 Heroic) and although we were constantly having to replace one or two players during the entire tier, we jumped feet first into Dragon Soul and quickly cleared it on our first night. Our guild suffered from the same issues of Tier 12 (8/8 Heroic) and had to replace one or more players on an almost semi-monthly basis, but we carried on while I healed on both my resto shaman and my priest.

Now here we are, in the Mists of Pandaria! The beginning of the expansion started slowly, and unfortunately a family emergency had me going to Tokyo for a month. By the time I came back, the guild had all but collapsed and all of the raiders had gone their separate ways. Frantic to find a raiding guild, I jumped into the first one that caught my eye, and although I have been progressing well with them, the raids just ends too late, so my search continues...

Raiding Summary (aka the "TL;DR")

• Burning Crusade: Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon's Lair, Tempest Keep, Serpent Shrine Caverns, Mount Hyjal, and Black Temple (up to Mother Shaz when current) - (Character: Akumamiyu - BM Hunter)
  • Wrath of the Lich King: Naxxramas (10/25), Eye of Eternity (10/25), Obsidian Sanctum (10/25), Ulduar (10/25), ToC (10/25) and ICC (10 - Heroic Clear minus LK) - (Characters: Pikako - Prot Paladin and Chibimaruko - Resto Shaman)
  • Cataclysm (10-man): BWD (6/6 Heroic), BoT (3/4 Heroic), Tot4W (1/2 Heroic), Firelands (6/7 Heroic) and Dragon Soul (8/8 Heroic) - (Characters: Chibihikari - Disc Priest and Chibimaruko - Resto Shaman)

SoH and why would you want me?

After going through the many guild recruitment posts on the WoW forums, yours drew me in and grabbed me! I simply love the way it is written and what it has to say. Not only do you take raiding seriously, but you also realize that there are actual human beings behind the screen and at the keyboard. It is a pleasure to see a guild that puts an emphasis on personalities as well as game play. What will you get with me as a raider? You will get someone who understands that raiding is a group effort that is only as strong as its weakest link and therefore pushes themselves to never be that wobbly link. From theory crafting to research to testing out skills in dungeons and LFR, I do whatever I can to make sure that I can perform to my optimum level. I am also borderline OCD about making sure that I have all of my food buffs, flasks, gems, enchants, etc. and gold necessary for repairs and the aforementioned items.

My Healing 411

Healing has been my passion in WoW from the first time I used Flash of Light in Burning Crusade. As much as DPS enjoy seeing the HP of the boss dip, I love watching the boxes in Grid stay nicely topped up and full (with the exception of Heroic Anub *shaking angry fist*). I have rolled with the changes that have occurred in healing from the times when you could spam utterly inefficient heals to victory towards the end of WotLK to the 180 degree flip at the beginning of Cata where one Flash Heal/Healing Surge would eat half your mana pool and now to MoP where I think a fine balance has occurred. Depending on what role I am playing (tank or raid heals or both), my healing changes as needed. Tank healing has me mainly focusing on keeping a PW:S on them as soon as Weakened Soul allows it (and tossing it out on someone else if my Rapture is available and there will be incoming damage to break it), Greater Heal for continuous healing (with Inner Focus used for a nice crit heal), Flash Heal for any "Oh sh...!" situations, and depending on my other healers, I will pop a Spirit Shell on them with Greater Heal to get a good barrier if necessary with PoM and Cascade as both single target and raid heals. Raid Healing consists mainly of PoH (yummy DA procs), with PW;S for damage reduction and rapture procs, and Spirit Shell for the predicable damage that occurs in almost all of the current boss fights. Cooldowns such as Pain Sup, Void Shift and Barrier are used as necessary.

Stat Priority and Spec Choice:

Spirit and Mastery please! Once 5.2 is released, I will be prioritizing some Crit as well since Spirit Shell will no longer benefit from Mastery. The changes to how specs work in MoP has allowed for a lot of customization on a fight by fight basis and I keep a stack of Tomes in my bags to reglyph and spec as necessary for each fight.

About Me:

I was born in Tokyo, raised in Honolulu, Hawaii and currently living in Queens, NY with my husband, best friend, Corgi, bunny and my roomie's demon spawn cat. I graduated from the University of Hawaii with a double major in Journalism and Asian Studies, and also spent a year at Sophia University in Tokyo as well. Currently I work from home as a website content writer for an online activity company that sells tours and activities around the world. Basically I write about how awesome something is and why you should spend $200 on the tour ^_^ I am also a theater fanatic and a founding member of a non-profit theater company focusing on experimental/avante garde productions. When I am not working, theater-ing, or playing WoW, you can find me downloading copious amounts of anime, traipsing about the Metropolitan Museum of Art or watching one of the many theatrical productions that are always showing throughout the city. My husband also introduced me to the wonders of Steam and I have been playing a variety of games ranging from Civ to Recettear to Lego Harry Potter. Console wise, I have been sticking with Little Big Planet, Dance Central and the Star Wars Kinect game. Hard core amirite?

Conclusion:

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my application, and no matter what comes as a result, I wish you all the best of luck in life and in WoW~!

Edited by Miyukitty

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to put forth a thoughtful application. We like those.

Unfortunately I don't think we can accommodate a disc priest at this time. We have one and feel that stacking priests is not particularly effective right now. We are looking at healers, but primarily resto shaman and perhaps holy paladin. It doesn't look like those toons are currently ready to raid?

Also, have you taken some precautions to keep the bunny and cat from conspiring to wreck your computer mid raid??

I hate to sound immediately dismissive after you've given us such a lovely introduction, but I'm not sure I see a way forward with your disc priest at this time. :(

Hi Miyukitty/Lani. Welcome to the forums! What's your favorite kind of music? Do you like to play other games online with buddies? Would you be keen to the idea of venturing off into other random games for funs and/or drunk times with guild-mates? Does your hubby still play WoW and raid? What's your favorite movie? How do you feel about animated films? Do you play any instruments? Any foreign languages? Would you consider yourself pessimistic or optimistic? How do you feel about fish?

Thanks,

Negido

Ty for the interesting introduction, I like how you "...tossed Ripties and Chain Healed through Tier 7..." :).

I was curious so I went perusing through your logs and, to be frank, I am disappointed you're not utilizing Spirit Shell more often. Especially when you said "...and Spirit Shell for the predicable damage that occurs in almost all of the current boss fights." A fight like Windlord Heroic is practically made for that spell yet I see you barely use it, even on all the wipes I glanced at. Two other good fights I like to use it on, but like you said practically all bosses are good, are Empress and Bladelord. I didn't see you in the Bladelord kill but Empress was another one where your SS was lacking.

Here's a parse from one of our Windlord kills, it more resembles what a Disc Priest Spirit Shell should look like for that fight:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5m67qk4d9ktm092r/sum/healingDone/?s=5768&e=6185#Feja

Since Rain of Blades is on a strict 1 minute timer, we can properly plan out our Spirit Shell casts accordingly for every single one.

And then here's our last weeks Empress kill:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7z4k2o8w3os4oauu/sum/healingDone/?s=12359&e=12850

From Disc priest to Disc priest you can time your Spirit Shell usage a bit better and provide your raid an extremely cheap and 100% non-overheal raid buffer, thus reducing overall mana strain for the rest of your healing team.

Also for overall increases in healing Crit > Mastery. Mastery is only better for shield spamming and ofc Spirit Shells. Here's a neat little healing calculator that shows how much each stat affects a certain heal by a percentage. Load up your character from armory and mouse over the boxes in the HPS column, the %'s are in the right window pane.

http://www.healadinne.com/HealCalc/healcalc.html

I consider Spirit Shelling to be more of a luxury rather than something I want to gear for, so I've been aiming more for Crit while trying to sustain a decent amount of Mastery and Haste.

I hope all of that helps :)