App - Sylviette (Disc/Shadow Priest)

Sylviette

I found your guild through WoWProgress when I searched for guilds that were recruiting healing priests. I saw that your priority for priests was "medium," so I assume you don't have an immediate need for the class, but I figure I'd give it a shot, anyway.

Name: Sylviette

Gender/Age: Female, 24

Class and Specialization: Priest. Discipline (main spec), Shadow (offspec). Holy is my preferred offspec, but out of necessity, I changed my offspec from Holy to Shadow at the beginning of the raid tier in order to DPS fights requiring only two healers in the ten man setting.

Alts: Sylera (Windwalker Monk), Sylvietta (Disc/Shadow priest)--Yes, a second priest... I love them! :)

Server: Moonrunner (Horde)

Guild History: I'm currently in Lethal Reunion. I've been in the guild since 2010. Before LR, I was in a guild called Overdose for several months, but it disbanded due to leadership problems, and then it was essentially reformed as Lethal Reunion. Prior to Overdose, I had applied and was accepted in the now-defunct Words Under My Name, but most of my friends went to Overdose instead, so a few days later, I moved to Overdose. Prior to that, I was in Poached Innocence, which is where my love for raiding began. (Yay Ulduar!) It's also the reason why I eventually left the guild, since it was rather casual.

Reason for Leaving: The ten man group that I was a part of had six people who were focused on progression and four people that made it quite obvious that they did not care about progression or raiding in general anymore. This lead to a scism in the group, and so the raid leader and other five of us decided to disband instead of continuing to raid with several people who were unwilling to compromise. Myself and a couple others have decided to look elsewhere for a progression-centered guild.

Raid Progress: 6/6(H) MSV, 3/6(H) HoF 4/4(N) ToES. Before the group disbanded, we were working on heroic Lei Shi. I've been doing ten man raiding since Cataclysm. During ICC, I did both ten and 25 man raiding, so I do have some experience with 25 mans (although rather outdated, I admit.)

What I'm Looking For: I am searching for a raiding environment that is dedicated, yet familial at its core. By this, I mean that I want a guild that get work done but also have fun and feel "at home" in the guild. In perusing the website and some of the feedback on some of the other applications, SoH seems like a good match.

Raiding Tools: I have a working headset and microphone. I also have both Mumble and Ventrilo installed, and I've used both in the past. I noticed on your guild information on World of Logs that you use Mumble. Yay! :) I use a Logitech G600 for keybinding and such.

Professions/Talent Choices/Gear Enhancements: I have maxxed Tailoring and Enchanting, and I keep mats on me at all times, so that I can enchant gear for myself and my raid members when we acquire new gear. For Discipline spec as of right now, I have Void Tendrils, Body and Soul, Mindbender, Desperate Prayer, Power Infusion, and Cascade. I have Void Shift and Desperate Prayer macroed together. Sometimes I choose Angelic Bulwark instead of Desperate Prayer, but while I was working on heroic Lei Shi (and while I'm currently working on Challenge Modes), I've found that the Void Shift/Desperate Prayer macro can make quite a difference in clutch situations. For Reforging, I've been playing around with stat weights recently, changing from pure mastery to greater haste/crit. I've been reading on MMO-Champion's Priest forum, as well as Battle.net's forums, about different stat weights based on 10/25 and assignment focuses. I've been testing out various things lately in light of this information.

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/49085/

Addons: Deadly Boss Mods, Grid, Clique, TidyPlates, GTFO, HaloPro, Recount

If you want any additional information, I would be glad to add it.

Thanks!

Edited by Sylviette

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a nice application - thank you Sylv.

I'll let Feja scrutinize your logs etc.

For now I want to explain the 'medium' priority. One of our healers is stepping down and so we do have an immediate need for a healer. We prefer to find a resto shaman, but a 2nd priest is not out of the question. I don't think we want two priests main spec'd Disc for most fights, but that is more up to Feja. It's also possible for us to consider main spec shadow.

So I guess the first question is whether main spec holy or shadow are options you would enjoy / excel at?

My second question is whether you have any friends from this guild you are trying to stick together with. If they happen to play classes we're loooking for, that might sweeten the pot a bit. We're looking at tanks (prefer blood dk but any plate can work), a healer (prefer resto shaman but it could be you instead!) and probably another ranged dps or two - prefer hunter.

TY, I was in the midst of finishing up applications and didn't want to spend my break looking for it :drool: .

I see many guilds being successful with a due of holy + disc priests, and if you wanna be my shadow buddy we can work on that as well.

Is shadow something you enjoy or did you simply pick that spec to fulfill the extra dps needs of your raid team?

Edited by Twelvesoft

So I guess the first question is whether main spec holy or shadow are options you would enjoy / excel at?

My second question is whether you have any friends from this guild you are trying to stick together with. If they happen to play classes we're loooking for, that might sweeten the pot a bit. We're looking at tanks (prefer blood dk but any plate can work), a healer (prefer resto shaman but it could be you instead!) and probably another ranged dps or two - prefer hunter.

I've done main spec holy in the past. In fact, at the beginning of the expansion, I had to switch from disc to holy because disc was underperforming. After Blizzard applied buffs to the class, I switched back to my beloved discipline spec. I do enjoy holy, though, and I'm willing to switch to holy as a main spec. In the past, I've done shadow out of necessity. I happened to be the only healer out of my ten man that was willing to learn and utilize a damage dealing spec. I would not have a problem maintaining this flexibility, but I do want to emphasize that healing is my passion in the game. That doesn't mean that I won't dps, of course, but when given the opportunity, I choose a healing role.

In regard to others from my raid team that are looking for other guilds... the enhancement shaman and affliction warlock in my group are actively pursuing a new guild and server change. Sadly those are not the classes you are looking for. :(

Armory link please!

My apologies, sometimes the simplest things are easiest forgotten... and an armory link should be a no-brainer. Silly me! :blush: I see Midri provided a link, though. Thanks!