(WoW) Molice - Holy Priest

Molice

Basic information

Character Name: Molice

Class and spec: Holy priest

Days played on this character: 428

HK's: 195,019

Armory URL: http://us.battle.net...r/Molice/simple

WoL parses: Logs can be found under the "Healer" tab in both these links: http://www.worldoflo...nkings/players/ and http://www.worldoflo...nkings/players/

Raiding UI: http://i49.tinypic.com/210iq29.jpg

Raiding addons: DBM/BigWigs, Grid2 (with lots of addons), WeakAuras and oRA3 cooldown tracker

Computer and internet info: Core 2 Duo 6600 2.40 GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTX 4600. ~30FPS and 30 ms in 25-mans. http://www.speedtest.../2381236926.png

Current (MoP) raid progress

MSV: 4/6 Heroic

HoF: 4/6 Heroic

ToES: 4/4 Normal

Raiding summary

Vanilla (40): MC, Onyxia, BWL, AQ20, AQ40, Nax 40 (4/16)

The Burning Crusade (40): Karazhan, Magtheridon's Lair, Gruul's Lair, Serpentshrine Caverns, Tempest Keep, Mount Hyjal, Black Temple, Sunwell

Wrath of the Lich King (25): Naxxramas, Obsidian Sanctum, Eye of Eternity, Ulduar, Onyxia, ToC, ICC, Ruby Sanctum

Cataclysm (25): BWD (6/6 Heroic), BoT (4/5 Heroic), Tot4W (2/2 Heroic), Firelands (7/7 Heroic), Dragon Soul (8/8 Heroic)

Mists of Pandaria (10/25): Mogu'shan Vaults (4/6 Heroic), Heart of Fear (4/6 Heroic), Terrace of Endless Spring (4/4 Normal)

WoW player and guild history

A college friend introduced me to WoW during a boring computer science class when the game was first released. This was before the Molten Core and Dire Maul instances. I distinctly remember figuring out how to use the UC <--> ORG zeppelin and that jumping off it prematurely wasn't always a good idea. The first character I created was a priest (Molice) and leveling it to 60 seemed daunting, untill I learned about the epic mount and it's price tag of nearly 1000 gold. Around that time I joined a well organized pug raid team (DKP based), and spent most of my time buffing the raid with fortitude and shadow, and drinking conjured mage water .. oh and killing bosses of couse. These were the days of out of combat resses during boss fights or running back into the instance yourself, 60 minute tank CD's, healer rotations, terrible hunters, and of course the bare blizzard unit frames. I continued raiding on my priest through MC and BWL, grinding the infamous fire resist set for Vael that crippled HPS but made you basically immunte (or up to 75%?) to fire damage. Dispite being on the highly populated server Warsong (30 minute queue's), our "pugraid" was very competitive and ranked 4-5th on the server throughout the end of Vanilla. Naxx 40 was our last endouver and considerably more difficult than any previous encounter. We didn't make it far. But I did have a lot of fun playing around with spell downranking and chugging level 41 mana potions (anyone?). Oh, and I miss you WhisperCast.

In the first expansion, we essentially reformed and merged with a few other guild, and under new leadship we performed fairly well. Conquered the first set of instances, and struggled a bit with the later tier. At some point, we just lost all good players and ended up with barely 10 capable raiders so we called it quits. I server transferred and found a new home raiding The Lich King, and a similar story for Cataclysm. I've always raided in 25 man guilds (but secretely prefer 40 man), dispite this format not always being the easiest and most popular. I got heavily into theorycrafting (figuring out spell modifiers on PTR, using spreadsheets, modeling, etc), but at the end realized that personal playstyle, communication, and simply knowing the fight will always trump mix/maxing those extra theoretical 2-3%. With the end of Cataclysm, but after 8/8 Heroic DS, our raid leader at the time quit, and so did 60% of our raiding roster. I did manage to openraid pug the legendary daggers on my alt and Dragonwrath on my main.

Getting to level 90 and seeing the massive amount of new content was kind of a neat. I love the pet battle system (435 and counting) and have always enjoyed grinding reputation (no joke, 69 exalted reps). We had a crippled 25 man but were moderately sucessfull nonetheless. The guild eventually went 10, and so I decided to look elsewhere for a solid 25 man and left on good terms. I chose Stormreaver server and joined Make it Happen (formerly Fallout), but after 3 weeks they also went 10. Dispite being trial, they reserved a slot for me in their 10 man lineup, but again that's not what I was looking for.

Wy would South of Heaven want me?

First off, congratulations on being around for 8 years, that's a true mark of stability and good leadership. Second, this is probably the hardest paragraph for me to write because I want to keep it concise yet give a good picture of who I am and what I have to offer. After reviewing other applicants on these forums and talking to Ashin in-game, I decided to write this application and hope to make a good first impression.

I am looking for a stable, mature and no-drama 25 man raiding team that I can be part of for the long term. I am not looking for a team that has cleared all content when I have not, because I love content and figuring out boss fights. At the same time, I want to be in a competitive top 100 team -- I am tired of picking up slack from others, I am tired of telling others what to do before each fight and reminding them again during the fight, and I am tired of topping the damn healing meters for the past 8 years. I am organized, I prepare for fights, I am open to criticism and correct my mistakes. I've been playing WoW non-stop since Vanilla with 95% attendance on a 3/4/5 day raiding schedule. Although you won't find me in game more than 5 days a week, I do spend a considerable amount of time doing non-raid related stuff, such as questing, pet battling, playing alts, rep grinding, doing achievements, etc. That's kind of generic though, but it's true and I think I understand very well what it takes to be better than a top 250 team. I'm not going to give you the "weakest link" argument that so many applicants put forward because even in the best teams there's gonna be a weakest link. I believe that focusing on teamwork is paramount. That's why I give 100% before and during raid time and aim for 100% attendance.

Why I stayed a holy priest

My answer would have been character development, but with the release of Mists of Pandaria that no longer applies. I've seen the healing component of WoW and more specifically the priest class transition quite a bit: from healing rotations to downranking, from being complex to simple, from having too many spells to having a single overpowered spell. I don't care about how weak or strong my class is compared to others, and I have never used that as an argument for how good or bad (but mostly stellar :p) my performance is. I take pride in playing my character and am quite competitive (track WoL, ranking, etc). I've simply put a lot of time into this character and know it inside out.

Stat priority and spec choice

I've been raidinng as a holy priest since Vanilla, and have a pretty good "feel" for stat priorities based on gear level, boss difficulty and raid performance. Currently comfortably with my spirit/regen. I prefer mastery > haste to some degree but I'm not religiously strict about it and of course it depends highly on the boss fight and raid composition as to where the balance lies.

About me

I'm a 28 year old living near NYC. Recently received my PhD in Biomedical Engineering. I'll leave a further explanation on my dissertation to another time. Besides that, my weekends are usually spent in the city somewhere, either in a Manhattan bar, or with friends in Brooklyn or the Bronx.

Conclusion

If you've read through all of this, I hope you see a homeless yet dedicated raider that is eager to get back into a competitive raiding team. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Well, I must say that was a very pleasant application to read through. However, healing priests are not my area of expertise so I will leave any playstyle analysis to Mr. Feja. We just finished up a raid night so I would expect to see responses in the morning rather than later tonight.

Hi Molice,

Thanks for putting in a solid application. Possible to link logs to a particular night or fight where you feel you did especially well?

I'd like to set up an interview with you in mumble - Friday evening is possible but I prefer Saturday afternoon if you are available.