Chibikuma WoW app (Social member)

Chibikuma

Hello South of Heaven!

My name is Chibikuma, I'm looking to apply as a social member. I was introduced to this guild through a friend who's a member here. I've heard only good things about you guys, and after reading through part of the forum I think I've come to the right community.

A little, or a lot about myself -

I come from a slightly long history of MMOs/general gaming background. I've pretty much been gaming since I could hold a controller lol. I've own close to every gaming system and handhelds since the NES. My very first online gaming experience would probably be Starcraft from when it first came out. It was my first PC game where I find myself not able to stay away from until I discovered Ultime Online. UO was my first experience with MMO gaming and has still remain my favorite of all time. I've spent countless nights staying up till it's time to head to school, pretty much devoted my free time to it for three years. UO would probably be one of the topics that anyone would have trouble getting me to shut up lol.

The reason behind me applying for social member would be my lack of experience in raiding. My history with WoW was quite the roller coaster. Some of my friends like to describe it as "that ex gf/bf whom you just can't seem to stay away from/get rid of" lol. I started playing back when BC came out, then quit after a very short time. I've then moved on to quite a few different MMOs for a few years. (Lineage2, FFXI, a few asian ones that was never released in NA, etc.) I got dragged back to WoW a few years ago when I worked at Gamestop and again left shortly after I've completed my tier 10 set. Seems like it was always a timing thing as I left for the amazing PVP aspect of Warhammer Online at that time; Just to then return to WoW again months later. What really got my attention from your guild is the dedication to having a closeknit community. Whereas most other guilds I've been involved in tend to go towards the opposite, which in return often drove me away from the fun of the game.

My only raiding experience was from Rift. I consider myself a very fast learner when it comes to gaming. I was invited to raid for the first time in Rift due to someone MIA. After a few stand-ins I was moved to full-time raider. As much as I want to put my main focus on PVP, I do enjoy the PVE aspect from time to time. I'm fully aware of the high requirements and knowledge to be apart of the raiding team here in SoH. However, it won't stop me from learning and improving to be considered one day.

What I can bring to the guild is lots of PVP! I'm currently playing a Shadow priest as main and Disc as offspec. I would love to run BGs, Arena and RBGs with any guildies on a daily basis. And also lots of delicious looking dessert pics lol, as I'm a full-time cake artist and baker. I feel like I can go on forever but I think I'll leave you guys for any questions! and thanks for reading!

http://us.battle.net...rius/Chibikuma/

- Chibi

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this name so familiar to me? Are you named after a non gaming character or have we gamed together before? o.O

Also, may we know who is the lovely friend that referred you? :)

In general we are open to having folks join us as social members. We're also open to social members working up their raiding abilities and learning to step up as backups and things like that. However, I will make the standard disclaimer that the burden is on you to make yourself known to the guild. Because you won't be on the raid team, which is our primary activity, it might take a little more effort. Through forum activity and non-raid activities, you will need to introduce yourself, so that, after a few weeks, most of the guild can say "I know that person and like having them around." We are not a guild of strangers.

Let me know what you think about that.

Why is this name so familiar to me? Are you named after a non gaming character or have we gamed together before? o.O

Also, may we know who is the lovely friend that referred you? :)

In general we are open to having folks join us as social members. We're also open to social members working up their raiding abilities and learning to step up as backups and things like that. However, I will make the standard disclaimer that the burden is on you to make yourself known to the guild. Because you won't be on the raid team, which is our primary activity, it might take a little more effort. Through forum activity and non-raid activities, you will need to introduce yourself, so that, after a few weeks, most of the guild can say "I know that person and like having them around." We are not a guild of strangers.

Let me know what you think about that.

Thanks for the quick reply!

No I'm not named after a non gaming character, though it might be cos of a WoW youtuber that reminds you of? I'm not sure if we've gamed together before, though I've been using this name for a little over 5 years now and have played on quite a few servers. I was referred by Noesis from the guild. :)

I'm aware of the situation with being a social member and I think I'll be alright with getting to know the guild. I find part of the process of knowing some new friends to be a good change of scenery for me as well. I'm usually a bit of a shy person in the beginning, but I do start to get chatty when I get to know the people lol (and usually laugh the loudest). You guys seem to be a very welcoming bunch, really look forward to being a part of it!