Five Dirty Words

Ashin

This. I have a switch that flips when I leave the base and walk into my house. It's necessary.

Ya I have to do this also but mine is from working in a fabrication industry where 80% of the people i work with have some sort of criminal background. Cant let the hardcore people know I was some sheltered white boy from a private school. lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to admit that with us spelling these out for us, I've even been a bit more forthcoming (even more than usual) about calling people out in rl. I blame Ashin's eloquently stated writing.

As an aside, there was perhaps no prouder moment as a Guild Officer for me as when one of our members (Jerix) called out a pug in our channel to tell him that SoH doesn't tolerate the use of the word "rape".

As an aside, there was perhaps no prouder moment as a Guild Officer for me as when one of our members (Jerix) called out a pug in our channel to tell him that SoH doesn't tolerate the use of the word "rape".

Gotta switch to the new politically correct term(s): "grape", "drape" and my person favorite "suave". Nothing makes me happier to tell someone they are getting suave'd.

• 6 months later...

Sounds good to me! I definitely used to use both "gay" and "rape" when I was younger, the gaming community I was involved in used them a lot. I think that community (SSBM) has grown up as far as I can tell since then. I've definitely cut these out of my language in general.

Edited by TheRundown

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...