Oak and Iron guard me well

Estarriol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will of the Emperor

You were able to Will Dance, without taking any armor debuffs

CD usage was up and looked right in line.

Active mitigation usage could probably been tweaked a bit. You used SBlk exclusively, there was probably room for a few SBars in there while you were dancing, but that’s me being a bit nitpicky.

Look at that damage taken! You; 6,299,290 Da Bear (co-tank); 11,609665, nice job

Blade Lord

You cut down significantly on the overheal from SBar casts, last night 19.6% vs. 37.7% from your last log. This is a nice improvement.

However you chose to cast far fewer SBars in total, last night 5 vs. 15 last week, and more SBlk now 10 vs 3 then. Curious to hear your thoughts/rationale for making the big switch.

Wind Lord

Looks like this fight gave you all some trouble, there’s a few fairly short pulls (we had a few odd hiccups on this last night as well)

You also seem to be playing around a bit with your active mitigation usage and when you’re choosing to SBar vs when you’re choosing to SBlk. The ratio’s of SBar to SBlk have a fairly high variance across the fights.

I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on the usage of these two spells and how it felt with your incoming damage?

Final Notes

I thought your first logs looked good and I think these look better.

Onwards and upwards my friend.

I’m seeing more coverage across all fights with your larger CDs (SW, LS) as well as the shorter ones (Demo Shout)

I’m seeing consistent use of your offensive toolkit, DC, Shattering Throw, Berserker Rage etc.

I like that I can see you experimenting with your active mitigation choices as well. Did you hear any feedback from your healers? Did it feel different to you?

Again, thanks for posting and thanks for your app.

I’m sure you’ll be hearing an official response from the boss very soon.

You used SBlk exclusively, there was probably room for a few SBars in there while you were dancing, but that’s me being a bit nitpicky.

You're absolutely right, though. It was an oversight on my part and I'll make sure to toss up some barriers during dances that occur mid-Titan Gas in the future.

Curious to hear your thoughts/rationale for making the big switch.

Other than Overwhelming, most of his damage on me is pure melee, so I decided to try out the primarily SBlk mitigation. I can't say I'm entirely happy with it, but with Blade Lord being on normal last night, I also can't say it was a reasonable test. My incoming damage was low enough that SBlk was only catching 60k ish per usage, but bubbles were about 90k ish and when I used those, I'd still be losing 20-30k per usage due to expiration. The pure SBlk mitigation would likely be better for heroic, in the end. Better rotation of my CDs with my active mitigation was making damage intake pretty pathetic.

I’d be curious to hear your thoughts on the usage of these two spells and how it felt with your incoming damage?

It's hard to say. Scientific method dictates a change of only one variable per experiment, but we had a couple of pugs in the group as well as the DK changed to his undergeared, inexperienced holy paladin. Additionally, we were having issues with people breaking CDs or forgetting to renew, so I typically had several more adds than I am used to. However, I felt as though I was holding myself up well, in large part due to better rotation of those CDs. The variance in my decision to use SBlk versus SBar was largely due to what was going on in the fight at the time. If I (for one reason or another) had gotten a huge burst of vengeance and would therefore get a massive SBar, I'd prioritize that. When Mel'Jarak was casting something rather than meleeing me, I'd use SBar as it would handle his cast (assuming I'd be hit by it). The other reason for SBar usage is for when my two charges of SBlk were on CD. Sure, it's only a few seconds, but if I'm sitting at 90-100/120 rage, I feel that using 60 of it on a nice, beefy shield to cover those 2-3 seconds is well worth it. With the number of adds in that fight, getting rage is absolutely trivial due to the number of procs of revenge. Overall, though, I like to use SBlk for that fight to keep damage even and with the predictions from my SBar/SBlk addon, it mitigates a comparable amount of damage, especially now that I've regemmed and gotten almost another 15% crit block chance (so tasty).

Did you hear any feedback from your healers? Did it feel different to you?

I didn't hear feedback so much from the healers, as one of them was new, but they did argue a bit over who would be healing which tank. Apparently I'm boring to heal because I take too little damage. I think that's something of a triumph. :) The on-the-fly choice between SBar and SBlk based upon the predictions of my addon did feel different. I felt that it was giving me better coverage overall. Making a single choice for the entirety of a fight seems inefficient to me. There are parts of fights where SBlk would be useless (Rain of Blades) whereas for the rest of the fight, it's very strong. The same could be said of SBar. Mostly good, but some situations in a fight where for that specific 10s, SBlk will outperform it. (Ex, during (normal, haven't seen heroic myself yet) Empress, during the add phase, at first SBlk is very strong against the adds, but as the fixate on others or die, SBar begins to out-perform SBlk, but if the fixating adds come back, SBlk goes back to being stronger.)

*drumrollllll*

After months of interviews we think we may have just found our next tank. I've invited Estar over for a trial, and she will start with us next week.

Esta be sure to read our code of conduct (guild policy forum) and post to indicate your agreement.

Thanks and we are looking forward to raiding with you soon.