Pandae 516 Boomkin Druid.

Pandae

Hi My Name is Tyler, Im looking for a new Heroic Raiding Guild. What I look for a guild is competent players with a good sense of humor who can have fun during raid but also get stuff done. I am currently a full time student. I took some general application questions and put them in my app.

I have two characters, both named Pandae. (The First Link is my main)

http://us.battle.net...r/Pandae/simple

http://us.battle.net...d/Pandae/simple

Describe your raiding experience in vanilla, BC, WotLK and Cataclysm.How is your current progression in T14 and T15?

I Started Playing WoW in WoTLK. I was always eager to kill content but wasn't very skilled at the game when i first started playing.

Naxx - cleared all (normal mode) (25m)

Ulduar - cleared up to crazy cat lady (25m)

TOC - cleared all (normal mode) (25m)

ICC - cleared all but LK (25m)

BWD/BOT - Cleared all (normal Mode) + 1 H (10m)

Firelands - Cleared all normal mode + 6/7H (10m)

DS - Cleared all Normal and Heroic Mode (10m)

MSV/HoF/Toes - Cleared all Normal Mode (some heroics)

ToT - I am currently 11/12 in ToT, with 20+ attempts on Lei Shen and Heroic Jin'rohk.

During MSV/HoF/Toes I took a personal hiatus from the game to elvaluate some things.

What attributes or skills do you feel you have that make you a "heroic" raider?

I think the most important skill in 25m Heroic Raiding is self-awareness and spacial conscience. It is imperative to be aware of ones surroundings, that encompasses more than the simple things (not stand in fire, click buttons etc..) One of these things is Spacial Conscienceness or Reasoning. If there is an accounter which requires people to spread out, its important to worry about yourself and others; I "spread out" and look around to see if there are two people "clumped". If two people are clumped, its a sign for me to spread out more so the two can separate.

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9pm until 12pm CST. Attendance is expected to be at or above 90% for raiders, and 100% for trials. Do you have any ongoing conflicts with this schedule?

This is a standard question: I can make all raid times.

Post a link to at least two complete, recent parse tracking from World of Logs.

http://www.worldoflo.../guilds/221803/

This post has some of my ToT logs from the past 3 weeks. I also have logs from Dragon Soul from the guild Vs the universe. Let me know in a post if you wish to see those.

Please post an active screenshot as well as an idle screenshot (UI is important for raiders).

http://i.imgur.com/zhQrAE6.jpg

Why are you leaving your current guild?

They are going 10m, and I prefer to raid in a 25m guild.

Why do you want to join us? Do you know anyone here that can vouch for you?

Ive seen some good things on wowprogress.com I believe Tinymanz can vouch for me.

Let me know if you want to know any more information.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We raid Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9pm until 12pm CST. Attendance is expected to be at or above 90% for raiders, and 100% for trials. Do you have any ongoing conflicts with this schedule?

This is a standard question: I can make all raid times.

Hello. One pet peeve we have is when people copy-paste an app without showing that they've taken the time to learn about us. Our raid times are 8pm to 11pm server, or 9pm to 12am EST, and I would never confuse midnight with noon..

I like the term "spacial conscience" and that is indeed very important to us.

I'm just going to ask a basic question: what about our guild in particular has your interest?

Hi Again, I'm going to answer both questions, respectively.

The first talent has Feline Swiftness, Displacer Beast, and Wild Charge. For most fights I will use Displacer Beast, because it is pretty much a 4.3 arcane version of mage blink. On fights where speed is an issue, i will spec into feline swiftness, but atm it seems that for all of normal ToT i will be using this talent.

The 2nd talent has Nature's Swiftness, Renewal, Cenarion Ward. I have chosen renewal because its basically an instant flash heal. A lot of mechanics in ToT could be considerered small damage or dots. Nothing like an instant heal if i fail for whatever reason.

The 3rd Talent is Faerie Swarm, Mass Entangle, Typhoon. I choose typhoon because its fun, but there are no real applications for any of these that dont have consequences. Typhoon can get annoying but sometimes it's usefull. Mass Entangle will just Root (useful on lei shi adds) and cause the target to attack the closest players (might not be good). Faerie swarm is a waste of a GCD if im not doing pvp.

The 4th talent is standard among Balance druids, Incarnation, reaps the biggest dps benefit.

The 5th Talent is Disorienting roar, ursols vortex, mighty bash. I have Ursols vortex atm just because i used to pvp, however i have been tempted to get mightybash. On certain fights I go into bear form (pop Cd's) and tank if both tanks are down and it can be a kill on a boss.

The 6th talent is also standard among Balance druids. Nature's Vigil, Stacks with Incarnation to have greatest dps benefit.

Ashin's Turn :D

I live in the East Coast so raiding for me would be 9-midnight, I;m sorry if that was confusing. However 9pm to 12pm. 15 hours of raiding a day! We sure would get content down xD.

This guild has my particular interested because it is a 25m heroic raiding guild. As a heroic raiding guild i expect the players to learn fights on their own, get their elder charms, etc. All the basic things that when combined make an overall better raider.

Hi Araenith,

My Favorite raid fights would have to be

- Flame Leviathen (Uld)

- Ignis the Furnace Master (Uld)

- The twin Valky're (ToC)

- Madness of DW (DS)

- Omnitron Defense System (BWD)

- Atramedes (BWD)

- Alythrazor (FL)

Least Favorite

- Maloriak (BWD)

- Nefarion (BWD)

- Ji kuhn (ToT)

Im not sure if I have there is a correlation between the fights but I like some and i dont like others. However lots of the fights in ToT seem fun so far.

I'll have several questions on several topics, so I hope this is organized enough to be coherent:

Talents/Gearing/Gemming:

I noticed you are running Nature's Vigil at the moment. What fights do you feel NV is superior to HotW this tier and visa versa, if any? I've personally become very prone to running HotW permanently.

You are currently more than 1% over hit cap. What's up with that? You're wasting quite a lot of stats that could go to Crit/Haste. By reforging your gear a little differently, you could be basically at the hit cap (.05% under), gain over 1% crit and a small amount of haste (this would require getting rid of your shoulder reforge, reforging chest Spirit -> Crit, and reforging Ring 1 from Haste -> Spirit). Do you typically run simulations or any programs to optimize your reforging? We're talking about not-insignificant amounts of DPS.

What glyphs do you typically run? I noticed you have Solar Beam glyph'ed currently, but not Rebirth or Stampeding Roar. Do you often change these out? Any benefits/obvious advantages to doing so?

Another boomkin still rocking our Darkmoon Faire card. I can feel your pain.

Logs:

For some very strange reason, Epeen Bot is reading your armory as a Mage. So, I'm going to just choose to not put any stock in what it says:

Let's talk about Megaera, since that's the first fight in there that does not have a big damage buff or completely multi-target. Looks like you used Tranquility, is this typically called out by your raid leader or do you attempt to use it proactively? I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for using NV on this fight, since there is no damage multiplication at all that would put NV ahead of HotW. Having a HotW'ed Tranq. can also be very powerful. Your CD usage is overall very good (using Incar 3x, CA 3x, NV 5x). No uses of Potions. Do you typically pre-pot and potion during Lust? Only two uses of Barkskin, which could have been significantly better especially considering there is a huge burst damage-taken phase in the fight.

Iron Qon next. It's a really long fight with a lot of mechanics. Again you went NV, very strange. Used Tranquility, but only one use of Stampeding Roar. Again, is this the type of CD that is typically called out in your raids or do you get to use it proactively? Only 2 uses of Barkskin. Also, who are you Symbiosis'ing during these fights? I have not seen a single use of a Symbiosis ability in these parses. DPS CD usage is spot on, once again. You double-potion'ed here, which is always nice to see. Your uptimes on DoTs, though, seems very low. Less than 85% on both DoTs. Any explanation for that?

Interested to hear your answers. Overall, your DPS CD usage seems right in-line and your overall DPS seems fine. I'm concerned about use of defensive CDs and use of Druid utility abilities (Symbiosis and Stampeding Roar for example). Any comments on those things in particular?

Edit: I see you answered an above question stating NV is the superior DPS talent. Where did you get this information? It's very out-dated and not at all what current sims show. What theory-crafting websites do you visit, if any? Do you run sims at all?

Edited by Fulgshift

Hi Fulgshift,

The Gemming/Gearing issue is because i just received the chest piece, i sort of just gemmed it then logged off b/c it was late. It is a simple fix.

The Reason why i am running Solar beam and not Rebirth is b/c i did some pvp the other day. I switch them out before raids.

Natures Vigil and HoTW has always been a big discussion on Boomkin Threads. I like to use NV b/c of its "choose" time. I can choose then to use it , if there is an add that needs to be killed fast or we need some extra healing or there is a dps increase. However i do see the pro's of HOTW other than the 6% increase. HoTW could be very usefull in clearing small adds (like the balls on Lei Shen). Its too short of a time to actually dot them up, After placing mushrooms and popping them it could be beneficial to use HOTW and go kitty swipe for (75k OP ness). Let me know how you use HoTW im very interested.

Boomkin tranq's are quite important. Its a non healer class (healing CD). Typically the RL assigns tranq's however on multiple fights during progression where it hasnt assigned I am very proactive about it. I believe tranq has saved our raid on 2 or 3 fight occasions and thus granting the kill.

I pre-pot and pot during lust on most fights. I believe the kill you are referring too was a "farm" boss. So i didnt want to waste a pot on something that we could have killed easily.

Barkskin, I use on the last 3 head stack points etc. (The healing CD rotation is pretty good on keeping us up for the first 3 or 4 heads). The BS on the last 3 heads lets me use BS twice.

Im going to take a lunch break ill get back to you on the Iron Qon Stuff later :D

Ok im Back :D

I use Tranq after the first tornado phase, and if the CD is up on the last phase. Stampeding roar on the 2nd tornado phase (this was part of Stampeding roar CD rotation). For symbiosis i usually use a mage,warlock, or rogue.

I believe the 85% dot uptime could have been b/c of tornado phase, or the shield on part 3. The way that we positioned the boss (in the corner) we had to spread out and didnt have a lot of moving room; so when shields came up it was hard to re-apply dots.

I dont run any sims; and i might have been reading some old information. Let me know what you know about boomkins. I'm always interested in betting myself and my raid.