Aszmodan 513 Mage

Aszmodan

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played Aion at all. The reference I originally used for it was from the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan, a character named Asmodean who was one of the Forsaken sworn to the Dark One. That name was unavailable so I changed it up a bit. Then D3 came up with a closer incarnation of the name...

Hi Asz,

I hope the easter egg hunts treated you well this weekend. I enjoyed interviewing.

Here's where I am at.. I think you'd be a fine addition to the guild in terms of personality, I'm convinced that you would play mage competently, and I'd be curious to see how you fit into the raid team overall. However, I'm reluctant due to the upcoming planned absence for your second baby (congrats btw). It would come at an awkward time during your trial period, and I'm not certain I share your optimism as far as whether or not having a newborn in the home would impact your ability to focus / play uninterrupted during our 3 hour raids.

What are your thoughts on all this? Might it actually be better for you to postpone your guild search until after the dust settles a bit?

Let me know.

Hi Ashin,

I completely understand your concerns. I might be overly optimistic given how our first newborn experience went, but the reality is that I can't guarantee what will happen this second time around. I wish I could.

I am definitely fine with postponing until things settle down for us. The reason I didn't wait to apply in the first place was because going back to 25 mans has been something I've been wanting to do since before Christmas and kept telling myself to wait until after the baby is born. And then after a certain point it felt like the longer I waited the harder it was going to be so I decided to apply and just see how it went. If it wasn't going to work for your guild I was going in with the mentality to wait until after, like you suggested.

I also understand that your roster needs and recruitment desires may change by the time things settle down in our household. I will keep your Btag in the meantime and be in contact whenever that happens to see where things are.

Thanks for your time and good luck to you guys in the meantime!

Aszmodan

Edited by Aszmodan

I'm really 50/50 on this.

Because we're currently building up our roster, it's easy for me to presume that I could plug you in over the next several (2? 3?) weeks to our mutual benefit. But assuming we all love one another, that does leave me with a minimum of one week - possibly many weeks - without you, midstream during our heroic progression.

Part of me feels like I should not turn away a good potential applicant and I should just feel things out as they happen. Part of me thinks I should reserve the spot for someone who's able to make a stronger commitment during our HM progression.

And, to be candid, I'm as yet unable to decide which course is best for us.

Well, the way I see it is that if we are looking to build a solid roster of 26-30 players or so I don't see a reason why to pass on a great app due to some issues that "might happen". Worse comes to worse and things don't work out we are in the same boat as we are now looking for good solid players, however if it turns the other way that's great for us.

Just my 2 cents

Going to have to agree with Syn on this, esp with the lack of healers on our team that have viable dps spec, having a full time dps over a healer that has a half dps/healer gear would be much preferred on 5 heals fights and that no disrespect to our Healers :p

We just go word today that my wife's due date is moved up two weeks and she will be induced on the 16th now. Which means I would most likely be out for a large majority of my trial. I am going to postpone my application until after the baby is born and things settle down. I don't want to join a guild and then be gone for two weeks right away. Sorry for the timing, if we would have found out sooner I would have waited to apply. Thanks again for the consideration and good luck guys!