Shekj-512-Mage

Shekjey

Helllo, my gaming name is Shekjey or Shek. I have been playing World of Warcraft for about 5 years but have only been "competitivly" raiding for about 4 years. I started playing the game with a small group of friends and later started casually raiding with them. We started on the realm Azshara on Alliance which is currently 2nd to last in progression as a server. I started raiding with a guild group in ToC and got 4/5 togc. I then went to the best guild on the server at the time called Riven and we progressed into 25 icc to 10/12 H with the low population of the server this is actually kind of impressive.

When Cata came out our guild went into a 10 man and since our gm was a mage there wasnt much room for a second, so me and a group of friends migrated to Stormreaver Alliance side. We had a small guild called Murlocs go MRGRGLRGLRGL and we casully raided the first cata tier because of attendance and tanks limiting us. When firelands came out some of my friends got into a guild called Swagger while i was on a 6 week class and could only play on weekends. After the class was over I also joined Swagger and Mortalityx. Despite being behind in gear and lacking the experience of the new raid i did very well and enjoyed the raid very much. I raided with Swagger throughout DS even tho the raid was somewhat of a bore. Although i have been very competitive in games and IRL, I had the most fun ranking in FL and DS. I was finally in a guild with enough progression to compete with top guilds and i was able to play my mage to near its fullest potential (never got ring from Hagara to complete BIS). During this time I became an officer of Swagger had numerous high rankings including a number 1 parse on H Warmaster Blackhorn.

When MoP came out Swagger struggled putting together an excellent 10 man, we then tried to merge with Baddies but was unsuccessful. Ever since the merge i have been unenthusied in raid and do not enjoy the game at all. Some of their players make it very unenjoyable to raid and also lack the skill to excel at the game. As of now it is time for me to either find a new guild where people do not need their hands held and people are semi enjoyable to be around or I go casual/quit the game. I think SoH may be the cure to my current WoW depression.

After a big wall of my raiding history, I am 22 years old and currently attending UWSP and going for a Fisheries and Water Resources degree. I will be getting my degree at the end of May but most likely will not be able to find a job in my field until Spring of 2014 so gaming time is secured till then. Along with gaming I also like to play sports. In High School I went to State in Wrestling at 152lbs. I also did spring and fall sports just to stay in shape. Currently (during my last part of school) i am delivering a local newspaper for some extra income and it is at hours that will never conflict with raid times.

I also enjoy pvp and am currently pvping on a WW monk. Along with wow I enjoy playing other pc games such as LoL. I also enjoy playing other mmos but mostly just casually. This includes SWTOR, D3, RIFT, GW2 and a few others.

Some reasons I think i should be considered. I feel that I am very skilled with a mage since i have been playing it for over 4 years, I enjoy looking at logs and raidbots/compare bot to see where i can improve my dps/survivability or overall play, I also like using simcraft to see what is better as in trinkets or secondary stats and gemming etc. I am very focused on the raid as a whole doing everything they can to squeeze out extra dps, to help minimize incoming damage, and to help with healers using the defensive abilities that classes are given. It really bothers me when i look at logs and see that a class isnt using a defensive ability when there is no loss in doing so.

Some reasons i picked SoH. I like the raid times, 3 days a week 3 hours a day. It seems like you guys have the mentality of showing up and getting shit done and thats what I like.

WoW armory

http://us.battle.net...er/Shekj/simple

Screenshot of UI

http://imageshack.us...0113214026.jpg/

also im sure some of you may not like the blizzard UI but i have played with it for years, I am very comfortable with it and I have never had a problem with it. If there was an addon that would improve my performace I would gladly look into it.

WoL parse

http://www.worldoflo...731qxzbx6j8zob/

http://www.worldoflo...0H/Arcane_Mage/ gotta flex a little

WoW Heroes link

http://www.wow-heroes.com/

Edited by Shekjey

You said you are currently pvping on your monk. What made you play that instead of Mage? Do you think RoP is slightly overpowered in its current state?

Can you get mixed up playing all those MMO's at once? Does this hinder your availability at all?

South of Heaven is a great group of players, but everyone makes mistakes from time to time. Will you be able to keep your composure and be respectful even when someone might be having a hard night?

I pvp on my monk because I enjoy playing windwalker and i dont have time to raid with my monk. It is also a refreshing change to play another class in my downtime. RoP as in Ring of Peace and not Rune of Power, I do feel that it is pretty op the only thing keeping it from being way too overpowered is that it has little effect on healers since it only silences on offensive casts. I obviously dont play all those mmos at once, that would be way to much gaming, I was just listing mmos that i have played in the past. I enjoy playing other mmos when they come out because its new and new things are fun. I understand that people have off nights where they may make mistakes, I know i have made mistakes before but when people dont learn from their mistakes is where problems occur.

Hi Shek,

Sorry for not responding sooner - I've been in meetings and conference calls non stop. I remember seeing Swagger on the scoreboards last expansion - sorry that things did not work out.

What's it about the new people in Baddies that has made the game so unenjoyable for you? You mentioned SoH could be the cure for your wow depression - that'd be great if so - but it might help to know what about your current situation has you so bummed out. It's all just about a few bad players?

Related to this - have you thought about what it will be like to no longer be an officer? Especially as a new person on a trial period, our expectation would be that you are primarily focused on your own performance, rather than instructing others on how to play. Do you anticipate any problems adjusting?

You mentioned in your post that you had to stop raiding entirely due to a 6 week class. Any more of those coming up? Obligations between now and graduation that will interfere with raiding?

Why mage? What can a mage do for me that another class can't? How do you feel about the state of the class as of 5.2 - what's good and what's not?

Why fisheries and water resources? You're the first person I've met pursuing that degree - tell me more.

Cheers.

When i raid i either want to have fun or have good progression both preferred. Currently in baddies neither of those things are happening. Huge part is just poor attitudes in general. Also not being an officer would be fine with me, finally i will be able to just focus on my playing and focus on my logs instead of trying to see what others are doing wrong, I feel i would have no problems adjusting. The 6 week class was a one time thing, i have nothing like that coming up in the future. I enjoy fishing and being outside so a job where i can do both of these things would be great.

So, what I think from your rankings, your recent experience and Mort's recommendation is that you are probably a good mage and a good raider.

Do you consider yourself a friendly person? Fun to raid with? I'm not really getting that side of you from this app atm.

Welcome Shek to the guild, who will be starting his trial .. oh wait, he already has. Anyway, belated welcome and good luck.

Please review the Code of Conduct located in the Guild Policy forum, and sign off to indicate your understanding and agreement. From there I would suggest you review the pinned threads under WoW's Chapter Policy subforum, in particular our points system and other rules that relate to raids. After that, I recommend becoming acquainted with the Raiding subforum, which is the nexus for all our planning throughout the raid week.