Kezic Resto Druid

Kezic

character name: Keziç

server: Argent Dawn (US)

armory: http://us.battle.net...wn/Keziç/simple

about me:

Im a 20 year old nerd that loves playing wow and watching dr. who.

wow history:

total /played is 195 days 1 hours 20 mins

vanilla -> no raiding of note

BC -> all of BT/hyjal and up to brute in SWP

wrath -> everything killed every encounter except heroic putricide sindy and litch king

cata -> didn't play wow during cata was actually not even suscribed this entire time

pandaland -> 5.0 i was raided about half of in a progression guild that ended up at 6/16H then moved to a 25 man that was starting fresh and ended up at 6/16 total.

->5.2 experience so far i am 1/12H having killed jin'rokh on 10 man but only 12/12 normal on 25

link to my UI:

http://i.imgur.com/qLJEImp.jpg

the screenshot is a little old sorry but my UI really hasn't changed much since then. my bars have as new abilities were made more useful in 5.2, but generaly when making a UI i chose to leave the center of my screen open with my raid frames in the bottom middle. I put buffs to the left with weak auras for important ones to note mid fight. anything else things like meters are out of the way on the right so i can look at them outside of combat (my meters actually hide in combat)

how i heal/world of logs link:

i dont know what you look for in a healer but i have always found healing to be a team event, i cycle my healing cooldowns with other healers during high damage phases rather than using them on cooldown to pad damage meters when possible. here is a link to my world of logs for a night of attempts at heroic jin'rokh 25 man which i think reflects this. http://www.worldoflo...8l3lyufp016r1z/ also my healing probably looks lower than it normally is in that log because healing a 25 man as a resto druid when there are 2 disc preists is kinda painfull as 90% of the time as soon as i rejuve soemone they have a bubble on them that absorbs more than my rejuve does and costs less mana so i decided to spend most of my time healing people with effective heals and keeping both tanks alive rather than padding meters by sniping every bit of damage with perfectly timed re growths

some notes on why i choose the non-"cookie cutter talents" that i do.

tier1 -> i normally use displacer beast over feline switness as i find the blink effect fallowed by the movement speed increase helps me deal with raid mechanics quickly and get back to healing faster than simple 15% movement speed. additionally i use well placed blinks to avoid damage from some encounters such as the fire lines on iron qon which cant be simply hopped over.

tier 2 -> Natures grace is fairly cookie cutter as even the freshly buffed cenarion ward is very underwhelming on many normal mode encounters.

tier 3&5-> these two talent tree choices are all about CC and which one i use changes basically every fight where CC is a thing. on horidon it is always mass entanglement + mighty bash to keep unwanted adds off of me but other fights like lie shen a ursol's vortex on the melee can be useful to stop ball lightnings from getting out of cleave range.

tier 4&6 -> depending on the encounter i either use SotF + HotW or Incarntion + NV based on weather or not my cooldowns will line up with damage phases (jin'rokh has a heavy damage phase every 90 seconds so incarnation + NV is better) or not. a fight like magera has high damage phases at different times with different amounts of time between them based on what dps cooldowns are avaiable on each head for this i find using SotF + hotw to be better healing as cooldowns only line up with 1 in 3 heads but swift mend + wild growth always does good healing.

glyphs -> i always use the lifebloom glyph. if i am going to use sotf for a fight i generally replace the WG glyph with the regrowth one as i am no longer in t14 and the cooldowns of WG and SM better line up this way. the third glyph slot is normal some form of raid utility based on the fight either glyph of stapde or glyph of stampeding roar, or if neither of those are used glyph of rebirth. however i am always open to input from other druids as to which talents/glyphs they find useful for some situations and i normally carry 40-60 tomes on me to switch many talents/glyphs every fight

Why i want to join SoH

my main reason for wanting to join south of heaven is that your progression is very good, and your raid times match up with my availability very well. additionally a few other members of my previous guild ( which btw fell apart we arn't all just hopping ship to get on a loot train) are also applying here and i would like to continue being in the same guild as them as they are fun people to play games with inside and outside of wow.

I apolgize for the way this app looks btw but i was at the hospital (visiting my dad) while writing this on a tablet and as such it looks like complete shit

Just first glance at your UI. No keybinds, do you click everything?

No i just hide my keybinds. For some reason the 1-0 in that position cant be hidden with bartender but all of my other buttons are binds or help/harm macros. for example the heals u see on that bar are actually these macros

#showtooltip lifebloom
/cast [nomod, help, @mouseover] lifebloom
/cast [nomod, harm] Faerie swarm
/cast [nomod, harm] Faerie Fire
/cast [mod:alt] Symbiosis
/cast [mod:shift] Healthstone

#showtooltip Regrowth
/cast [nomod, @mouseover, help] regrowth
/cast [nomod, harm] Wrath
/cast [mod:alt] Ironbark
/use [mod:shift] Wild Mushroom: Bloom

#showtooltip rejuvenation
/cast [nomod, @mouseover, help] rejuvenation
/cast [nomod, harm] moonfire
/cast [mod:alt] Barkskin
/cast [mod:shift] Nature's Grasp

#showtooltip wild growth
/cast [nomod, @mouseover, help] wild growth
/cast [mod:alt] Wild Charge
/cast [mod:shift, @Keziç] Innervate
/cast [harm] cyclone

#showtooltip Healing touch
/cast [mod:alt] Nature's Swiftness
/cast [@mouseover, help] Healing Touch
/cast [harm] Entangling Roots

Hello, and thanks for the app. How did you find out about us? What do you do when you're not wow'ing? Why Resto druid? Everything ok with dad?

I found out about you guys through my friends aegon and puggles who are also applying.

when im not wowing i play a lot of other games such as dota2 and tekkit minecraft as well as working a full time job with crazy hours (12-8pm saturday, then 4am to 12noon sunday - tuesday)

my dad is recovering from surgery but he is going to be fine thx for your concern though.

as far as why i play a resto druid, i have never had much fun playing a DPS class although i have tried multiple times and am willing to give it another shot if necessary. and i have basically been playing this druid forever and never had a bad experience with it which is why i chose to be a druid instead to any other class. also when i came back to the game one of my friends was already a tank so healer seemed logical.

i dont know what you look for in a healer but i have always found healing to be a team event, i cycle my healing cooldowns with other healers during high damage phases rather than using them on cooldown to pad damage meters when possible.

Would you consider yourself a reactionary Healer then, rather than an aggressive healer?

Edited by Kem

Would you consider yourself a reactionary Healer then, rather than an aggressive healer?

i dont think it is as simple as react rather than aggressive, i tend to predict incomming damage and heal people for example i will put ruejuves on dps and healers b4 they get dispelled in jin'rokh rather than waiting untill after the damage is delt to start healing because my tier set makes the later ticks of rejuve stronger than the early ones. at the same time because wild growth does 60% of its healing in the first 2 seconds and 40% in the last 4 it makes more sense to use this ability as a reaction to damage. normally this means right after a thunderstrike on lie shen or a poison bolt on magera or any time i see 4-5 people below 90% hp. I also dont consider myself agresive in the sense that i dont fallow people around to top them off the split second focus lightning does damage, i find that ammount of aggressiveness to do little more than pad meters as a rejuve before they leave will heal them for just as much if no one else puts a heal on them but take much less of my time (dont have to run after them) even if my numbers on a meter are lowered by someone else also healing them.